• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspie central the book

Nisk

The Spoiler King
So I have an interesting idea. But I'm not sure if I'll describe it properly.

I enjoy feeling like I'm not alone, like I'm not the only on who deals with aspergers and that there is other people out there who have overcome difficult times in there life to grow into better people.

I've looked at quite a few books "about" aspergers and some that are written in the perspective of aspies by aspies. What it really like to read is a compilation book of a bunch of short stories written by people with aspergers about how they've struggled and overcome life's problems. Or just inspirational stories about life as an aspie.

What I'm getting at is I'm no writer, editor or anything like that but I'm curious if there would be a market for something like this.

There is certainly an audience for this type of book, and there is one that I believe is similar to what you are describing. Been There. Done That. Try This! An Aspie's Guide to Life on Earth

I think by focusing on a breadth of individuals' experiences, you could hit on an area that hasn't been well addressed quite yet.

Do let me know if you would like active participation in this, as I would likely be interested in such a project having previously thought of doing something like this.

New Threads

Top Bottom