• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspergers Forum

Aspergers Forum 2016-10-03

I know, and you really no need to feel sorry, Cosmophylla, there's nothing wrong on you.(and of course everyone here)
Sorry for being cold-hearted again, as I always do. :oops:
But we really need to think what the next step we should take.
Feeling upset because of the effort(AF) was gone is absolutely understandable, but we shouldn't just stop by here.
You know, the aims of AF, all of us come here is hoping for something can change, and giving support.
If we want to do some big things like this, our emotion really need to "shut off".
Otherwise, we will end up like some emotional NT that we dislike in our daily life.
So, stay strong, we need to tell the world we're the spectrum of Awesomeness!

I know I will be hatred after these speech. :rolleyes:

I don't hate you.
You are saying reasonable things.

I know I will be hatred after these speech. :rolleyes:
Not by me. My very first post (in the PMs though) was my planning on alternative ways to get the site back up and going again should current factors not be able to be used again like the host or Xenforo. I've half a mind to go grab a copy of phpBB and start a free account with one of my old favorite hosts, but I'm trying to be patient because the staff hasn't had time to respond to the crash yet.

If we could be really thoroughly paranoid with it, then we could get at least seven different staff to download logs to their computer on an assigned day of the week as a crash preventative. (This mod on Mondays, that mod on Tuesdays, etc., so no one person would be responsible for all the logs.) And every member of the archival staff would have one copy of the barebones structure of the site like the forum configuration, theme, etc. so all they'd have to get is the newest record of resources like posts and blogs. I know my host will let me download everything on the site, although I have to go elsewhere to nab a copy of the SQL database files. So long as all they get are the text components like the posts and don't worry about the images, we could get quite a bit preserved in a relatively small bit of space. And then should the host decide to give us the finger again, we can give them one right back and reupload nearly everything like nothing happened.

Not by me. My very first post (in the PMs though) was my planning on alternative ways to get the site back up and going again should current factors not be able to be used again like the host or Xenforo. I've half a mind to go grab a copy of phpBB and start a free account with one of my old favorite hosts, but I'm trying to be patient because the staff hasn't had time to respond to the crash yet.

If we could be really thoroughly paranoid with it, then we could get at least seven different staff to download logs to their computer on an assigned day of the week as a crash preventative. (This mod on Mondays, that mod on Tuesdays, etc., so no one person would be responsible for all the logs.) And every member of the archival staff would have one copy of the barebones structure of the site like the forum configuration, theme, etc. so all they'd have to get is the newest record of resources like posts and blogs. I know my host will let me download everything on the site, although I have to go elsewhere to nab a copy of the SQL database files. So long as all they get are the text components like the posts and don't worry about the images, we could get quite a bit preserved in a relatively small bit of space. And then should the host decide to give us the finger again, we can give them one right back and reupload nearly everything like nothing happened.
Your attitude is similar to mine, but you clearly know a bit more about it...sent you a PM

Lena_C, I hope you don't think so badly of yourself.. everything you've said is fair - and we are all entitled to our own opinions here, or what would be the point?

What can we do?

Support AC, offer suggestions like we always do.. try being Moderators..

.. I found I loved the responsibility of keeping everyone safe on AF and, believe me, I was surprised when the team invited me to!
I'm now considering applying here, but I'm just not ready right now.

Now there's a slogan I can get behind here:

"We're the Spectrum of Awesomeness!"

Never a truer word was spoken :)

Something also - the Mods here deserve thanks, I think, for their overall efforts.. and for giving us this space to discuss another forum.

I really appreciate that Mods, thank you! :)

Something also - the Mods here deserve thanks, I think, for their overall efforts.. and for giving us this space to discuss another forum.

I really appreciate that Mods, thank you! :)
Aye, indeed! Of course, half the mods here were the mods there, but still very gracious of the owner to not feel territorial.

im worried about me when i am 18... i think a lot of getting job, saving up money and get a apartment a place... then i concern.. is there any internet there? I need internet to search for a apartment in a new country.. I already thought about the privilege in getting job and to live there so... and i bought a pc to take with me when i'm grown up as i accidently began the addiction on it... The pc is for my grown up life and i'm saving money now... trying to get a part time job.. D: help!
I think you might have posted in the wrong thread...this one is about a website that is now gone. I'm sure you'd get more responses if you started a new thread!

I'm not a computer person so I can't give any useful advice. :oops:
But if you need any help, I would be there with you.

I haven't been logged on here in some time. I see that people seemed to like this new forum.

My question is what did that forum have to offer that this one does not? If the same people from here went there wouldnt it be the same but just a different platform?

I haven't been logged on here in some time. I see that people seemed to like this new forum.

My question is what did that forum have to offer that this one does not? If the same people from here went there wouldnt it be the same but just a different platform?
A pretty green background and heart emoties. :cool:

There were a couple of other projects and features, but I don't remember them too well.

The basic premise differed.
It was to be a non-profit operation, for and BY autistic/aspie people.

I think what they did that was really innovative was the structure of the forums. They were careful to find the most common topics and separate them so that relevant threads were easy to find, and discussion was more focused and digestible. They also to devoted an area to different stages of the process of receiving a diagnosis.

Also, I noticed that I wasn't able to access ANY of the threads until I was signed in, only look at the main forum page, whereas here there is a specific area for private threads.

Generally, there was a very devoted and active team, it was ad-free, and it was run by autistics, which gave the whole community a very close and welcoming feel.

There were also earned forums, you had to make 100 posts before you could access them, weeding out the trouble makers, where you could talk about more sensitive/banned subjects - heavily moderated.
I really liked the Journey Arc, the central point of the site - a section of forums separated into suspicion/discovery of your ASD, coping/learning, adaptation. The layout kept like posts together for clearer access to the stage you're interested in to save trawling through loads of random posts.

Ste11aeres

I am not jabbing anybody.:oops:
I was stating the premise, as it was presented to me.
That was the idea, according to the people who originally told
me about the AF launch concept.

Ste11aeres

I am not jabbing anybody.:oops:
I was stating the premise, as it was presented to me.
That was the idea, according to the people who originally told
me about the AF launch concept.
I didn't really think you were intending to "jab" anyone (that doesn't seem like you). I was just asking for clarification.
In all honesty, it's just that that particular premise seemed/seems to me to be the premise of every Aspie website. It's a good statement, there's nothing wrong with it; it's just very general.

Okay, guys, I hope that these weren't jabs meant at Brent, considering that everyone (other than him) who is involved in the running of AC is ASD.

My apologies Ste11aeres, no jab intended toward Brent, I was just stating the mission of the site - I didn't realise my comment might be taken in a way other than I'd intended.

In fact, one of the Mods, also involved in the initial design, was NT.

Aaanyway, point is, everyone is equal in my eyes, my pardon if my words ever offend :oops:

New Threads

Top Bottom