• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspergers & Autism Tattoos

I don't have any tattoos but I have friends & family who have them and I agree they are a way of expressing feelings.

However I disagree with children having tattoos, I think tattoos should be for adults only.

I have cherry blossoms all down the right side of my back. I got the tattoo when I was 20, I had been suffering from severe depression since I was 15 and was just recovering enough to start to appreciate things in life again. On a spring morning I looked out the window at a cherry tree in my garden that was in bloom, and thought "wow that's beautiful". It was the first time I had simply appreciated beauty in years, and it filled me with hope for the future, that I could be happy again. So I had the flowers tattooed on my back so that I would be reminded of that amazing feeling every time I catch sight of it the mirror. It still always makes me smile.

I've been wanting to start a asd themed sleeve, but idk if I'll ever be able to hoard enough money together... :/

I want the Infinity symbol on the back of my neck... In the left orb I want the word "neurodiverse" and in the second orb the word "inside"... or have it written in the ribbon of the symbol.

Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 6.46.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 6.45.25 AM.png

Welcome your son has a tribe ,you have a community,I dont have any because of my judeo christian faith
Hello everyone. My name is Kristen. I have a son that is now 10 yrs old and was diagnosed this year. It has been a life changing roller coaster ride of good and bad. I know tattoos are not for everyone, but for me (and other people) it's a way of expression. Kinda a way to wear you feelings/ life accomplishments on you skin. I thought people can share thier tattoos and meanings behind them on here.

I added my recent tattoo I got for my son Tyler.

I have cherry blossoms all down the right side of my back. I got the tattoo when I was 20, I had been suffering from severe depression since I was 15 and was just recovering enough to start to appreciate things in life again. On a spring morning I looked out the window at a cherry tree in my garden that was in bloom, and thought "wow that's beautiful". It was the first time I had simply appreciated beauty in years, and it filled me with hope for the future, that I could be happy again. So I had the flowers tattooed on my back so that I would be reminded of that amazing feeling every time I catch sight of it the mirror. It still always makes me smile.
Hello Nothing to see here, Your message made me cry as I have been stuck in the holds of depression - or as I think of it seeing the world for what it is and don't really see things and think how beautiful it is often. I over think tattoos also and have never been able to get one due to 100's of reasons, but your story gave me hope and helps me see what it can mean to a person.

Hello Nothing to see here, Your message made me cry as I have been stuck in the holds of depression - or as I think of it seeing the world for what it is and don't really see things and think how beautiful it is often. I over think tattoos also and have never been able to get one due to 100's of reasons, but your story gave me hope and helps me see what it can mean to a person.
I am so glad that my story could give you some hope. I am sorry to hear that you are struggling with depression, it is so very hard, but don't ever forget that things can and will get better for you, even when the world seems like a terrible place there is so much beauty and love out there just waiting for you to pay attention to it. Stay strong and don't forget that we care and want to support you.

I'd love a celtic knot or Mjolnir tattoo when I'm older and no longer terrified of the concept of a mechanical needles spewing ink into your flesh.

As for a tattoo on Autism I dunno. Something so permanent should be thought out for a long time. My mother thought about getting one but she bought a bracelet with "Autism Mom" in silver letters on it.

While I'd never get one myself, I think a nice small, simple, clean lined tattoo can look really good, like that on the OP. Tattoos have come a long ways, some almost look 3D.

I am so glad that my story could give you some hope. I am sorry to hear that you are struggling with depression, it is so very hard, but don't ever forget that things can and will get better for you, even when the world seems like a terrible place there is so much beauty and love out there just waiting for you to pay attention to it. Stay strong and don't forget that we care and want to support you.
:) Yeah, it almost convinced me to give in and get 3 little birds tattoo from the 3 little birds song by Bob Marley with which I start my day sometimes, but then I got carried away and thought of doing the whole songs lyrics visually and I stopped (OCD).

So afraid to act and Bible references, etc with regards to tattoos discourages. I do see how it could help shape a concept of self though as apparently a typical autism / aspie trait is struggling with autobiographical memory which means it's difficult to formulate a strong sense of self / self esteem in some cases.

For me with adhd playing a serious role in my life it seems almost like the guy form the movie Momento who tattooed conclusions/facts onto his body in order to progress I almost feel I need to start tattooing consistent things on my body otherwise I keep on changing so much I can'y relate to any one group of people or idea anymore as I research everything and move away from almost all concepts eventually / all my passions / likes / etc. It seems a tattoo is a way also to hold on / incorporate certain things into a sense of self...

I am ready for my first tattoo.

Since I am going to spend the rest of my life as an Aspie, I am planning to have "Aspie With Attitude" on my right wrist.

I just can't think of what font type to have.

I am wanting to become a Asperger's/Autism rights activist!

2020's - The decade for Aspie rights!

That is pure art... I cant imagine sitting still for as long as that probably took to have done.
Its beautiful... No words needed to see what it says on many levels...
I see so much when I look at it, (the tat) not your arm by the way... : )
Good arm too.

I wanna think like that, and do in my good moments...

@Nitro That looks like a drawing I did once, with hair that looked like trees which connected by tree roots to a man sleeping on his side. From a distance it looked like a mountain range:)

Last edited:
5D53AA92-A741-4A31-9204-47BC987934B5.jpeg
It has been a year of great loss for me, and my family. This arm represents that. And I have more!

This is my tattoo for my grandpa. It's hands are set at 5:43 which is his house number. He taught me so much in my life and I miss him greatly.
0B976226-C998-4F63-9DB5-D94DE8B75EC9.jpeg

New Threads

Top Bottom