• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspergers & Autism Tattoos

kristen

Hello everyone. My name is Kristen. I have a son that is now 10 yrs old and was diagnosed this year. It has been a life changing roller coaster ride of good and bad. I know tattoos are not for everyone, but for me (and other people) it's a way of expression. Kinda a way to wear you feelings/ life accomplishments on you skin. I thought people can share thier tattoos and meanings behind them on here.

I added my recent tattoo I got for my son Tyler.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 18,272
Welcome, Kristen! This is a great idea for a thread, and I love your tattoo. I'd share a picture too, but I don't have any ink . . .

I have a crucifix inked on my back inbetween my shoulder blades. I got it to comfort myself. I don't like to wear jewellery.

(I like to sleep on my elbow and put my hand on it)

Stacey that sounds cool. I would love to see it. I like that it is something that brings comfort to you.

I've tried wearing a necklace with a crucifix attached, but I find them uncomfortable. I don't like anything on my neck. So I thought of having one inked about 6 years ago. It's strange because I enjoyed the feeling of being inked. I nearly fell asleep. I'll try and take a picture of it, if it's not too awkward. It's nothing spectacular like yours though. Just very simple and plain.

Welcome to the AC world
When I can get someone to photograph my ink for me I will post it here in your thread

Simple and plan can look amazing to. Every tattoo is amazing to the person that is wearing it no matter how it looks to others. I can't believe you almost fell asleep lol. My tattoo hurt but honestly I kept thinking of my son - the struggles and pain he feels when faced with hard situations. It really helped me to get through the tattoo.

Last edited:
Thanks for the "welcome". :) I would love to see your ink when you post.
Mine was some of the first fineline ink done in Pittsburgh Pa. in 1982.
My tattooist was Patty Kelley,daughter of the artist who did some of the scarab LP record album cover art for the group "Journey"
Patty lived with a group of us who shared a huge home we turned into apartments and hand-picked each renter.
It was really cool to those of us that did not fit into the city life we all were forced to live in at the time.
Sundays at the house were always an open door policy as we all shared each others home life like a commune.
Reflecting on it,I remember it being a wonderful time and place in a cold dark city of hatred.
My Pegasus is my symbol of my free spirit that was able to take to the wing to rise above troubles.

Last edited:
Mine was some of the first fineline ink done in Pittsburgh Pa. in 1982.
My tattooist was Patty Kelly,daughter of the artist who did some of the scarab LP record album cover art for the group "Journey"
Patty lived with a group of us who shared a huge home we turned into apartments and hand-picked each renter.
It was really cool to those of us that did not fit into the city life we all were forced to live in at the time.
Sundays at the house were always an open door policy as we all shared each others home life like a commune.
Reflecting on it,I remember it being a wonderful time and place in a cold dark city of hatred.
My Pegasis is my symbol of my free spirit that was able to take to the wing to rise above troubles.

Amazing! That's the thing about tattoos and the meaning / memory the bring to our minds. Sounds like you had an amazing adventure in PA! FYI I like Journey !

Ok,if you like Journey,do you actually walk like a lady? laughs

No tattoo yet, but I'm going to get a Valknut as my first tattoo. It's a symbol associated with the god Odin. What really drew me to him, as opposed to the Judeo Christian god was he is relatable, specifically his thirst for knowledge.

Kinda a way to wear you feelings/ life accomplishments on you skin. I thought people can share thier tattoos and meanings behind them on here.

Hiya and welcome to AC! :)

Do you think I should put my degree certificate on my arm then? I could also have put my Boy Scout badges on there as well! :D

Sorry, but I just got this mental image of putting all my exam scores as tattoos from what you posted! :)

I think my sense of humour should be banned from any tattoo parlour...

Lol hey what ever you want to tattoo on your body is up to you. Lol ;)

Honestly some people like tattoos some people don't. And either choice is a respectable one.

It's my body and my canvas. I think most people get things that are meaningful to them no matter if it is a badge if honor from the Boy Scouts lol or maybe a tattoo for their child that was born, a lost loved one or possibly a secret meaning they keep to themselves.

As for me:
"I choose my tattoos carefully. You look at them and take a glimpse into the human I am and the struggles I have faced."

I want my first ink to be a memorial to my grandmother. I found it difficult to live with my mother, probably for reasons associated with my undiagnosed aspergers, and my grandmother took me and gave me a refuge. As for a tattoo to represent my aspergers, I don't know at the moment what I'd get but I will be getting something.

I think that's a great idea. It's nice to have a beautiful tattoo to look at and remember the love your grandmother had for you.
I would love to see a picture after you get it done.

New Threads

Top Bottom