• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Asking aspie out?

I'm sorry. I do not know. We feel emotions like everyone else does, but sometimes we temporarily set them aside.

Just out of curiosity. You don't have to answer if you don't want to. Could you give some examples of how you would act around someone you had (some kind of) romantic interest in and would see and bump into regulary in school/work whatever environment, didn't know all that well but not exactly a total stranger either, if she was always friendly to and seemed to take interest in you but you didn't know if she liked you back?

Could you give some examples of how you would act around someone you had (some kind of) romantic interest in and would see and bump into regulary in school/work whatever environment, didn't know all that well but not exactly a total stranger either, if she was always friendly to and seemed to take interest in you but you didn't know if she liked you back?
  1. If I was generally happy with her personality, I would keep trying to be around her, in the hopes that she would make her intentions clear (before I would press any further).*
  2. Even if I decided that we weren't compatible, that giddiness never goes away (and it is really frustrating).
  3. In a recurring neutral group setting, we can drift closer, or apart (without the sense of rejection that accompanies a break-up).
Consider your BFF girlfriend. Did you choose her deliberately, or did you just kind of "happen?" Whoever eventually becomes your husband will be like that only more intense.

*My wife had to make some of the first moves (like kissing), but once she did, I felt like I had her permission to kiss her, going forward. Also, I don't feel comfortable with extreme forms of PDA. I'm okay with a greeting hug or short kiss, but not full-on snogging (that is, in public).

This episode of "The Good Doctor" has a good example.

Hi guys, I am a NT girl so, so, so very much in love with a guy who happens to have Aspergers. I have tried to signal interest and as far as I can tell, he signals interest back however this would typically be followed by him running cold. Is this necessarily always a bad sign?

I want to ask him out and I would do it by letting him know very simply that I think he is the loveliest man on the planet and would he want to go out with me for coffee. I fully understand that nobody else can answer for him. But. I would like to know how YOU would react to a girl doing this to YOU? Would YOU get happy? Or scared? Would there be a "method" that you would prefer, ie via text, email, face to face, phone or something else? (We go to uni and will not likely be alone together). Aaaaaaand.... just how gorgeous/intelligent/witty/perfect would a girl need to be for you to be interested and accept? And lastly, what would be reasons you would turn a girl down in this situation and how would you do it?

So crazily in love with this person but noone to talk to about it, I really need advice and thoughts. Thanks, lots of love, Linda

as an aspie,i would say this:take it slow,because some girls tend to have a thing for aspie guys romantically.and what reasons would i have for turning a girl down and how i would do it is avoid potential encounters with certain girls & women like that like a ninja,especially upon eye-contact,because of encounters like these that tend to go bad because of how severely awkward male aspies can appear to certian girls & women upon eye-contact,whether they say hello to you in any native language or call you certain words thinking that you're cute,also upon eye-contact !

New Threads

Top Bottom