• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ask Permission or Seek Forgiveness?

Exactly.

No one has a right not to be offended anyway. Taking offence is quite a subjective thing. I could say she chose to get offended by the belief she held. But as some have mentioned, they might've done the same thing, and even criticised her actions and reactions.

Perhaps had we been friends, or even friendly, things would've transpired differently. The fact is we do not speak, or maybe a better way of putting it would be, they don't speak to me. I am ok with this. I like silence. I have earplugs in whenever I venture into public areas anyway. But it does make it a lot easier to see me as 'the bad guy' and react to something more powerfully, which has happened many times in my life.

I would never have thought to 'ask permission', but then some of us can do things without having to. That can mean there could be issues arising out of that, but these 'challenges' can be tests for me, to see how I deal with or feel about what takes place.

A different Simon could have responded more in line with the thoughts others have expressed here. I just saw it as trivial, and was surprised by what she said and how she said it. I wanted to stay in my creative state rather than have to get egotistically involved and attempt to be right. I can accept she didn't like it but don't have to make her see my perspective, or tell her all the times she bothers me by her rudeness of coming into the kitchen to cook when I am already cooking, and playing her music openly and loudly while she does. Without earplugs it would be unbearable.

@SimonSays You said..."I wanted to stay in my creative state rather than have to get egotistically involved and attempt to be right." Wise words, these.

I didn't apologise because I had done something wrong. I didn't do anything wrong, I just did something different. I apologised because she got upset. She felt offended. People see things differently. I understood why she did.
I get you, I could have chosen better wording in my post.
In general though if people recognise wrongdoing and say sorry that takes guts.

New Threads

Top Bottom