• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

ASD or otherwise... whats your passion? Whats the fire inside you?

Somewhere deep, deep within me something has always led me to know that we won that "IMMORTAL lottery" in a time where there is no time... It seems we forget who we are when we are finite physical beings in a time space reality. So is IMMORTALITY really out of the question? : )

Why would we be throw away souls in an eternal Universe?
If we are a spark of the INFINITE, then buddy we are ETERNAL and we just get hung up in our physicality's, as we are supposed too.

I set around pondering this stuff all the time... Trying to reach past this reality to understand forever. Yet if I was ever able to do that...

It mostly laughs at me and shows me to just try and understand where I am right now... And that other stuff... It takes care of itself.

Thats my off topic 2 cents in my off topic post, where there are no limits any way... : )
Well, first of all, I don't hold religious or spiritual beliefs, so I don't believe in life after death or the existence of a soul as such in the spiritual sense... as for immortality, yes, we do continue to exist in some form or another, our physical body is around for a while, our atoms a lot longer... what I mean is, our consciousness ceases to exist, so our life as we know it ceases to exist. We return to the same state as before we were born, whatever that is. When I go, it's not the end of THE world, but it's the end of MY world.

Progster, I actually feel much the same about what you just said... but I do believe in some form of life after this life, and or life before this life...

I have studied lots and lots on reincarnation... Sure there are things I can find wrong in some of it, but wow at the countless weird things people (especially young kids) can remember about maybe their past life, or someone else's...

I was one of those kids (now grown up-sort of). If I ever spoke as a kid, I usually would speak of the Iron Bridge in Vancouver... People thought I was out of my damn mind. How could they not think I was crazy??? I get that, I even got it as a kid, but it didn't matter, that was were a part of me was - or maybe still is????

I still remember this place and time, and have never forgotten it... I know what that bridge looks like, feels like, what the air smells like, AND I have never been there in this life...

I don't know (or remember) the street name but I know the bridge is at the bay from my view I am facing west toward the bay and there is an intersection there also... I want to go there. My family is from Canada, but not Vancouver (family is from Ottawa). Yet, I know I could drive to that bridge without a map mostly, just by the thoughts I have about it... I'm dead serious on this.

What happened at that Bridge? I have no idea. Was I killed there? Did I witness something there? Was it my favorite place in another life? I have no idea... I just know that bridge has been in my thoughts on and off my whole life.

How can this solemn feeling even be there? What put that thought there? How come every time I see an arched iron bridge in real life I think about Vancouver? How can that just be some glitch?

When I was a kid computers were around some, but we didn't have one for years and years... I had no books on Vancouver, no family from Vancouver, it made no sense. How did I even know the word Vancouver existed as just little kid in coastal Texas?

How can I KNOW what a fall sunset feels like there? How can I see the bay and the opening to it, like it is real time if I focus on it really hard? I'm not alone in this...

Countless people find these random pieces in their lives that don't fit... So I have never been able to count out life after death, lives before this life, or reincarnation. Too many strange things to put into this vast calculation to ever let me see that in the end it equals nothing... : )

Yet its not about religion or anything like it... Its just an infinite circle that evolves as we evolve and where it goes who knows...

So if you were wandering about my "sanity" any time prior to this... Well you probably need to wander no more... Its crazy up in my head sometimes, but maybe that sort of what LIFE is about...

Maybe if we did KNOW everything it would become this boring spinning s888 hole that we cared nothing for any more... Hummm, maybe I should rethink that?
Because it does seem like not many care anymore... : )

I have often gotten lost in who I am. Its like this maze in my mind and many times I will map out this maze and go back and the maze has changed. In the centre of this massive construct is all the knowledge I could possibly handle, but getting to it and back out is mostly impossible.

That is also real LIFE for me. I know there is so much available (to all of us) but its like the road is closed, or something, or someone is there to block my way to it what I need.

I was told once that "our struggles often become our greatest stories"... PLEASE DON'T EVER FORGET I JUST SAID THAT... Its a truth all of its own. No one owns it, but the hearts that lived it.
In that TRUTH are words that can change the minds and hearts of a cold world.

I see and study people who have found the ways to navigate LIFE. They amaze me. They inspire me. So in that is my deepest problem, and my greatest dream.

I just want to LEARN how to navigate this reality, and then help those like us do the same thing.
I don't care about money (but we have to have it to survive) but I look at this way. If I find a way to what I seek, I trust that money simply wont be an issue. People like me are what I want to focus on... I understand them and I understand how MISUNDERSTOOD they are.

I love soaking up information and then turning it into even more information. I love writing and putting out content, but it needs to be relevant, reliable, memorable, but at the same time unexpected and if it can be mind blowing - well thats just an added bonus.

Everyone of you just did (on a very small scale) of what I want to do everyday of my life... If you get that its cool, if you don't its cool also. I don't want to say much just yet, things fall apart too easy, and people tend to run off with other peoples dreams if we aren't careful...

This site has PROVEN to me over and over and over, that AS/ASD people are possibly the kindest and most intelligent people on the planet... Maybe the planet needs to understand that also.
ASD has gotten such a nasty smearing at times. Most often people never notice that those kids grow up to be US, and we are no longer running around flapping our hands, spinning in circles, or babbling.

No we often become deep thinkers who can solve massive problems without bombs and killing people, or even insulting them.

KNOWLEDGE is the greatest weapon on the face of this planet. INFORMATION is the greatest currency when it is accurate. Looks at these countless posts on this forum... Yes some are sad, some are even lame (some of the lame ones are my own), but somewhere in most every one of these posts is a real LOVE that is missing out in real life.

I only know I don't want to work at a stupid golf course and lead a meaningless life sucking up to a bunch of arrogant a**holes who pay me well to be a good slave for their entertainment. To me that is not LIFE. I have to do it for now because golf, soil science, and land management is basically all I know and have lots of experience in... but its empty and useless in my heart.

I am working very hard on something, and once its built it wont be a secret anymore... That will be the last thing I would want it too be. Its not a forum... we have that right here...

You all just helped me to make up my mind if I want to risk it... It is now its my joy and my honor to do so. If it works, it may change the face of ASD forever. If it fails... Well at least I tried and didn't sit around and wish upon stars out in Neverland. With that I want to Thank you... : )

And keep posting your dreams and wishes... Get comfortable in them THEY MAY COME TRUE!
Progster, I actually feel much the same about what you just said... but I do believe in some form of life after this life, and or life before this life...

I have studied lots and lots on reincarnation... Sure there are things I can find wrong in some of it, but wow at the countless weird things people (especially young kids) can remember about maybe their past life, or someone else's...

I was one of those kids (now grown up-sort of). If I ever spoke as a kid, I usually would speak of the Iron Bridge in Vancouver... People thought I was out of my damn mind. How could they not think I was crazy??? I get that, I even got it as a kid, but it didn't matter, that was were a part of me was - or maybe still is????

I still remember this place and time, and have never forgotten it... I know what that bridge looks like, feels like, what the air smells like, AND I have never been there in this life...

I don't know (or remember) the street name but I know the bridge is at the bay from my view I am facing west toward the bay and there is an intersection there also... I want to go there. My family is from Canada, but not Vancouver (family is from Ottawa). Yet, I know I could drive to that bridge without a map mostly, just by the thoughts I have about it... I'm dead serious on this.

What happened at that Bridge? I have no idea. Was I killed there? Did I witness something there? Was it my favorite place in another life? I have no idea... I just know that bridge has been in my thoughts on and off my whole life.

How can this solemn feeling even be there? What put that thought there? How come every time I see an arched iron bridge in real life I think about Vancouver? How can that just be some glitch?

When I was a kid computers were around some, but we didn't have one for years and years... I had no books on Vancouver, no family from Vancouver, it made no sense. How did I even know the word Vancouver existed as just little kid in coastal Texas?

How can I KNOW what a fall sunset feels like there? How can I see the bay and the opening to it, like it is real time if I focus on it really hard? I'm not alone in this...

Countless people find these random pieces in their lives that don't fit... So I have never been able to count out life after death, lives before this life, or reincarnation. Too many strange things to put into this vast calculation to ever let me see that in the end it equals nothing... : )

Yet its not about religion or anything like it... Its just an infinite circle that evolves as we evolve and where it goes who knows...

So if you were wandering about my "sanity" any time prior to this... Well you probably need to wander no more... Its crazy up in my head sometimes, but maybe that sort of what LIFE is about...

Maybe if we did KNOW everything it would become this boring spinning s888 hole that we cared nothing for any more... Hummm, maybe I should rethink that?

I get bits and pieces of these feelings and senses also- like I've had a former life both as a person and an animal. Nothing so clear as you Chance but enough to make me wonder about it. I was raised totally non- religiously and taught to believe in science which I do, but I also have a strong belief that there is probably more we don't know than what we do know. So anything's possible right? I'm not all seeing enough to really rule anything out except perhaps anthropomorphic stuff.
I love discussions like this- thanks for posting this thread.

have studied lots and lots on reincarnation... Sure there are things I can find wrong in some of it, but wow at the countless weird things people

I always thought of karma as the idea of self being reincarnated moment to moment, so thousands of lives lived...

Hence samsara, the wheel of suffering within the scope of the idea of self. The limited realm of the mind who only exists through conception and distinction.
No this,without that, yin without yang.

Enlightenment ,perhaps,is experiencing self but not attached to the idea of it.

Freedom while still in prison.

Ye suffer from yourselves,non else compels
That ye whirr upon the wheel
That ye hug and kiss
Its tire of tears
Its nave of nothingness...

(Misremembered poem from a reincarnation book i read)

You lose that understanding when you sign up to the meat suit.

That's why death exists.

Nobody would sign up to the meat suit if they weren't guaranteed a death and a return to the infinite.

Now I've reminded you of the deal,you don't need to worry.

As usual Fridge, your unique take on stuff! Love it. :D

I always thought of karma as the idea of self being reincarnated moment to moment, so thousands of lives lived...

Hence samsara, the wheel of suffering within the scope of the idea of self. The limited realm of the mind who only exists through conception and distinction.
No this,without that, yin without yang.

Enlightenment ,perhaps,is experiencing self but not attached to the idea of it.

Freedom while still in prison.

Ye suffer from yourselves,non else compels
That ye whirr upon the wheel
That ye hug and kiss
Its tire of tears
Its nave of nothingness...

(Misremembered poem from a reincarnation book i read)

I have heard of the "wheel of samsara"... I cant remember who was speaking about it...
If I remember correctly... we stay there until we evolve or "Master" this existence... Much like 'Jesus' or 'Buddha' (or any of the ancients fo the Greats) did...
And then we are free from that wheel to come and go as we please to help others...
It made sense but... I was sort of listening half asleep one night...

Did it go something like that? I truly don't remember, and I might be very wrong on what I heard...
If you even know what I am speaking about?

I have heard of the "wheel of samsara"... I cant remember who was speaking about it...
If I remember correctly... we stay there until we evolve or "Master" this existence... Much like 'Jesus' or 'Buddha' (or any of the ancients fo the Greats) did...
And then we are free from that wheel to come and go as we please to help others...
It made sense but... I was sort of listening half asleep one night...

Did it go something like that? I truly don't remember, and I might be very wrong on what I heard...
If you even know what I am speaking about?

Sure i do. But cant remember half of it, so just make up my own versions as i go :)

How do you know that this was in the past? Perhaps it is in the future?

I have met people who have told me that they 'see' or somehow become aware of things that happen in the past or the future, but I know that the mind can play tricks with you memory, or memory can be unreliable, and until it happens to me, I remain sceptical. At times, I have had the sense that something was about to happen, and then that things actually did happen - for example, my cat was acting crazy and I became convinced that an earthquake was due, and indeed, the earthquake happened. But such things I attribute to my picking up on subtle changes going on in the environment, ones that I might not be consciously aware of. As for the idea of Vancouver bridge from a past life, that is impossible to prove or disprove, but if it is indeed true that we had past lives and we can somehow connect with them, I want an explanation, I want to know how and why, otherwise I remain sceptical.

Maybe you had a grandparent or another ancestor that experienced something there. If trauma can be inherited, IMO, also could the images of the experiences that created it. New Research: Traumatic Experiences Can Cause Epigenetic Changes Passed on to Future Generations

@Chance
I think I may know the poem about the wheel of life you are speaking of. I shall write it here.

Time is...
Love is...
Death is...
And the Wheel turns,
And the Wheel turns,
And we are all bound to the Wheel.

And the Sage said;
Lo, that which binds you to the Wheel
Is of your own making,
And the very Wheel
Is of your own making,
And the Wheel turns,
And the Wheel turns,

And the Sage said;
Know that we all are the One.
Know that the Wheel is of your own making,

And the Sage said;
Free yourself from the Wheel.
Know you are the One.
Accept your own work,
And free yourself from the Wheel.

And the Sage freed himself from the Wheel
And found self is the One.
The Immortal God.
Freed from the Wheel,
Freed from the Illusion,
And knew then why the One had created the Wheel.
For the One became many,
And the One became We,

Time is...
Love is...
Death is...
And the Wheel turns
And the Wheel turns
Paul Edwin Zimmer

I have this in a book of poems, many I have written myself. Is this your Wheel? I just always liked it.

The Vancouver bridge cannot be proved past or future as Progster stated.
But, as some have found their memories of another life
were proven to be in the past when there was enough information to track down the place, the people, and thus the time. When people who knew the story could verify it true.
There have been documented accounts of this.
Of course in keeping an open mind, some may say these
were just fabricated stories or the inherited trauma memory from someone else's time as Sabrina posted the science of that investigation.

No one can know the truth except their own and what they may prove. Others may not believe, but, you know your own truth.
Just as I know my own truths.
But, then do we really know what our consciousness is?
Is it the Universe, The One, The God Creator experiencing itself through the consciousness of the many (We) that seems seperate, but, is actually all a part of the One?

Yes, you know I get deep on this subject and love to read other's experiences and beliefs on What IS Eternity?
That is the title of one of my poems. :)

As for knowing for self consciousness of past, future and even current events that you can't physically know, there are ways to seperate them if you are lucky enough to find the proof of the pudding so to speak.

Briefly three examples:
1. Memories of what you think was before this incarnation. Finding people who know or was in that past experience to confirm it for you.
2. Visions or dreams of future events:
When they happen. If you are around to see them.
3. Present events you may know through dreams, thoughts, visions:
The news of said event reaches you that it was happening at that time.
(and yes, I have experienced all of the above.)
Chance went out on the limb of being called crazy
for sharing his experiences, so do I.

But, then what is time? This was mentioned in another post. We don't know. With our creation of it and all the other possibilities from parallel endless Universes, etc.

There...you've found something else within me that answers your thread: What really fires you up inside?
As I find time, I'll start a place to share my poetry that revolves around these topics.

It's an intereating topic and i will definitely come here later. Not now though. I'm in a rather dark place right now so it would be too negative of an answer.

I cant prove anything to anyone on much of anything... its just this thing in my gut and that has not fact based authorty at any place or time... : )
@Chance
I think I may know the poem about the wheel of life you are speaking of. I shall write it here.

Time is...
Love is...
Death is...
And the Wheel turns,
And the Wheel turns,

And the Sage said;
Is of your own making,
And the very Wheel
Is of your own making,
And the Wheel turns,
And the Wheel turns,

And the Sage said;

And the Sage said;
Know you are the One.
Accept your own work,

The Immortal God.
Freed from the Wheel,
Freed from the Illusion,
For the One became many,
And the One became We,

Time is...
Love is...
Death is...
And the Wheel turns
And the Wheel turns
Paul Edwin Zimmer

I have this in a book of poems, many I have written myself. Is this your Wheel? I just always liked it.

That is it! THANK YOU!

Well now it's not so lonely... But you might really be "craycray" for daring to jump on the crazy train with me... But thanks : )

It's an intereating topic and i will definitely come here later. Not now though. I'm in a rather dark place right now so it would be too negative of an answer.

You will find the door in the darkness, just keep trying and never give up on yourself.
I have had to find my way out many times... I hope you are much better soon. : )

were proven to be in the past when there was enough information to track down the place, the people, and thus the time. When people who knew the story could verify it true.
were just fabricated stories or the inherited trauma memory from someone else's time as Sabrina posted the science of that investigation.

No one can know the truth except their own and what they may prove. Others may not believe, but, you know your own truth.
Is it the Universe, The One, The God Creator experiencing itself through the consciousness of the many (We) that seems seperate, but, is actually all a part of the One?

Yes, you know I get deep on this subject and love to read other's experiences and beliefs on What IS Eternity?

As for knowing for self consciousness of past, future and even current events that you can't physically know, there are ways to seperate them if you are lucky enough to find the proof of the pudding so to speak.

Briefly three examples:
1. Memories of what you think was before this incarnation. Finding people who know or was in that past experience to confirm it for you.

But, then what is time? This was mentioned in another post. We don't know. With our creation of it and all the other possibilities from parallel endless Universes, etc.

There...you've found something else within me that answers your thread: What really fires you up inside?
As I find time, I'll start a place to share my poetry that revolves around these topics.

And of course, it could also be as my almost-eight-year-old asked me a few days ago:

“What if a person dies and realizes that God doesn’t exist?”
Since we are in this subject, I want to share this. It’s a very short story by Andy Weir (the author who wrote The Martian, which became a movie).
This story blew my mind.
It starts like this:
“You were on your way home when you died.”
The Egg

And of course, it could also be as my almost-eight-year-old asked me a few days ago:

Since we are in this subject, I want to share this. It’s a very short story by Andy Weir (the author who wrote The Martian, which became a movie).
This story blew my mind.
It starts like this:
The Egg

Thank you so much... That is one of the coolest things I have ever read... Its now printed off and on my wall board. I think i might need to re-read it every now and then... : )

@Chance

Time is...
Love is...
Death is...
And the Wheel turns,
And the Wheel turns,

And the Sage said;
Is of your own making,
And the very Wheel
Is of your own making,
And the Wheel turns,
And the Wheel turns,

And the Sage said;

And the Sage said;
Know you are the One.
Accept your own work,

The Immortal God.
Freed from the Wheel,
Freed from the Illusion,
For the One became many,
And the One became We,

Time is...
Love is...
Death is...
And the Wheel turns
And the Wheel turns
Paul Edwin Zimmer

I printed yours off also! Thank you ... : )

Briefly three examples:

Thank you for sharing this not at all crazy but deeply thoughtful post!

This story blew my mind.
It starts like this:
The Egg

Oh what a GREAT story!!!! Thank you so much for this post Sabrina!

Well now it's not so lonely... But you might really be "craycray" for daring to jump on the crazy train with me... But thanks : )
Crazy Train -- Ozzy ? :p lol

I've had that poem for years.
Always liked it and now here it has been useful!
So glad it was what you were thinking of, Chance.

The Egg
What a cool way to describe the all is One theory.
Thanks for sharing. I love it.
The Ovoid. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom