• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

ASD or otherwise... whats your passion? Whats the fire inside you?

Chance

"all who wander are not lost" - Tolkien
V.I.P Member
I have been in a very grateful mood today. I have had a very good day...
This week sort of started out as a sleepless nightmare, but thats behind me for now.

I want to ask (only if you want to disclose) who are you deep down?
What is your deepest desire before your time runs out in this physicality we call LIFE?
This is not about economics, limiting surroundings, or even self disbelief...
What is your unbridled passion, your craziest dreams?

I study people... I dig and I listen to their amazing stories that turned their lives from tragic to full. For some it took them all their lives. For some it happened like lightning. Yet for others like Tesla, their greatest moments weren't even understood until years after their passing, even though he was astonishing during his LIFE...

This has nothing to do with getting rich (unless thats your dream)... and thats totally cool.
Its about what it takes to make an average afternoon become the roots to your wildest dreams. What is in that spark that going to make the UNIVERSE remember you were here?

Somewhere DEEP down in me... Its like I have this responsibility to LIVE this LIFE to the fullest (even in my ASD way). I am not exempt simply because I have some neurological deficit...

I am to use whatever I can gather in this narrative we call a reality, for something much more than just some blank existence, that I often stand around and shake my head at.

I'm constantly digging for tiny pieces of this giant puzzle that is suppose to make me who I really am.

Normally I would start off with my long winded words, and crazy explanations, but not tonight...

I want you to go first, and I will add mine in at some point. I have to go do some things before darkness falls, and I will be back later.

Let your mind go, (only if you want), and lay out what would make your LIFE WHOLE...

We are here to LIVE a LIFE that matters... I have been seeing much of mine as a LIFE wasted. I need to fix that to ever fix the HOLE that is in me...

This is my ASD... I go off on these insane mind trips to use every second (if possible) as a logical search for things that can positively impact my LIFE.

We are creators, just like anyone else... So many times in my LIFE I was never allowed any peace or allowed to be me... I have had to learn to believe in myself when no one did.

Yet here I am, basically mostly half way through my LIFE, and I am no where close to where I want to be in LIFE. I am learning to follow my heart, and get out of my head a little more, because I KNOW there is more out there and its mine (ours) and all I (we) have to do is find the guts to claim it...

So whats in your treasure chest? Blow my mind. I will be back later. : )

My deepest passion is to show people that Truth and Love are inseparable.

Most Christians see Truth and Love as a scale and tend to tip the scales in favor of one over the other. It is almost impossible to weigh the two concepts equally so that the scale is perfectly even. The scale is much too sensitive to maintain that equilibrium for long.

Instead, I try to see Truth and Love as an integration because I think one is never possible without the other. To me, this is true Christianity and is extremely difficult to live day-in, day-out. Even so, attempting to do so is critical if we ever hope to make any impact on an increasingly jaded world.

Tim Keller elucidated the concept well:

"Truth without love is imperious self-righteousness. Love without truth is cowardly self-indulgence."

Despite knowing all this I, too, tend to frequently revert to scale thinking. I'm a work in progress and will always be until I pass into the next plane of existence. Even so, and despite my own flaws, I want to world to see this vision of integrated Truth and Love.

Well, there's a difference between a goal and a pipe dream, in that a pipe dream is a goal without a plan.

My master plan is to do everything in my power to improve the situation of people with autism. Sorry not sorry, but we are the most marginalized minority group in the western world. Things will get better, but only if good minds and dedicated hearts fight for it.

Central to my plan is self-development. If I'm going to make an impact, I need to be more than just above-average; I need to be downright exceptional as a human being. I need to be better, stronger, faster. I need to be a better communicator, a better public speaker, and present myself as a prince among men. It sounds self-absorbed, but think about what they say on airplanes about oxygen masks: put on your own mask first before assisting others. If I can become an exceptional person, my hope is that I can make exceptional people out of those with whom I involve myself.

I've had the good fortune of having good mentors throughout my adult life. Truly exceptional human specimens who took it upon themselves to build me up from a meek, weak, and broken person into who I am today. They did it with no expectation of return, and now I want to pay it forward by pulling other people up onto their feet, too.

I have a ways to go until I'm that caliber of person, but my trajectory is promising that I'll get there. And when I do, I can save other people the way other people saved me.

That's my wildest dream. We'll see what happens.

What would make my life whole?????I have always wanted to live in a Canned Ham(maybe an orange Shasta) in the middle of nowhere. Add a herd of goats, a bunch of bunnies, and the chance to be fairly successful with my art and I'd be ok mostly. I'd use some of the money to do what I can for things like the black footed ferret or some endangered tortoise. So far I do have two bunnies so I'm getting there I guess. I also need a place nearby to fish and hike. I'd like to be able to cook some great mac and cheese, too. Maybe find a way to keep my boyfriend going in perfect health until he's around 121 years old. Not sure that level of fantasy is what you were looking for. If that level of fantasy is ok then I think a move to Iceland would make me feel whole. Or perhaps Scotland?
I really don't have much answer to a question like this because I can be very happy with very little and don't really think I can change the world. (read the quote below. Ralph has summed things up well there.)

What would make my life whole?????I have always wanted to live in a Canned Ham(maybe an orange Shasta) in the middle of nowhere. Add a herd of goats, a bunch of bunnies, and the chance to be fairly successful with my art and I'd be ok mostly. I'd use some of the money to do what I can for things like the black footed ferret or some endangered tortoise. So far I do have two bunnies so I'm getting there I guess. I also need a place nearby to fish and hike. I'd like to be able to cook some great mac and cheese, too. Maybe find a way to keep my boyfriend going in perfect health until he's around 121 years old. Not sure that level of fantasy is what you were looking for. If that level of fantasy is ok then I think a move to Iceland would make me feel whole. Or perhaps Scotland?
I really don't have much answer to a question like this because I can be very happy with very little and don't really think I can change the world. (read the quote below. Ralph has summed things up well there.)

Its not about who can come up with the most outlandish ideas... Its about whats in your heart...
That is exactly what I am looking, just simple honesty... Thats the keys to everything whether its a canned ham or a castle... : )

My obsessions, those vary, they come and go and change at a moment's notice. One moment it could be the intricacies of a new language and another moment it could be figuring out the hypothetical laws of physics in a fictional universe.

What doesn't change is the one passion I have. Knowledge, not knowledge for the sake of being able to tell someone their wrong. Or knowledge for the sake of the whole "knowledge is power" argument but just for the sake of knowing things. Always refining that knowledge and sharing it with anyone that has questions about anything I happen to know something about.

It's become a bit of a running joke with my friends that if you have something go to Lith first and google second because if I don't know what you're asking I'll probably look it up and get back to you with a well thought out summarized answer. But that's really my passion in life, just to be able to answer or find out the answer to anything that I can. When something doesn't have a clear answer it's still not the most alarming thing in the world. It typically means those things aren't developed enough or our civilization can't find the answer to it. Or maybe it's emotional or philosophical and no one can really have the true determining opinion on it. Because opinions are just that, not facts.

On that note, the hobby that's stuck by that passion through life has been my writing. So in the end of it all, before I'm gone away, I'd like to have a book published. It doesn't have to be some best seller or world changing piece of fiction or non-fiction. Just a book, read by some, maybe it changes lives maybe it doesn't but I'd have gotten myself out there. I'd have finished something that I was truly driven to do. Maybe it'll turn out to be something pivotal to something in the future and that would be absolutely amazing. I'll never know but I hope it is.

Classical literature and family. Pure and simple

Wildest dream has always been to see the world. I've only gone to a small fraction of all the places I want to see. Added to that is a passion for marine life- exploring new locales and seeing new things I've not yet seen. Deep down- my innermost desire is to have someone I love passionately love me back for who I am as a person. My career was fulfilling- I love helping people but never saw myself as able to change the world so focused on trying to help or change things one person at a time. All in all I am mostly content with how my life has gone and feel exceptionally fortunate to have had the experiences I've had. I want to be reborn since I didn't get everywhere yet.

Last edited:
My body, my ingelligence, my education, my money, my belongings, my social and physical surroundings, my family, my work, my talents... they will all end one day.

The only thing that won’t end is my soul, so it makes sense that I concentrate my efforts there.

In one hand, it means to keep a connection with God, or Goddess (God doesn’t have sex) or the Universe: Meditate or pray. Every time I laugh, God laughs, everytime I cry, God cries. I’m never alone.

In the other hand, it means to have a good soul: Being kind, respectful, compassionate. Having a good soul means to love my self and others (humans or not... animals, nature, etc).

In the vast and eternal universe where we live, it’s irrelevant if I am the President of the United States, or a one-month-old baby that was abandoned in a street. We are all insignificant anyway; but at the same time, we are all important because it’s through us, through our experiences, that God lives.

I really enjoy creative pursuits and I think they help to keep me centred. If I'm stressed or down I can lose myself in a project and I find it very rewarding and uplifting. And of course there's a real sense of achievement when it's completed.

But I've always wanted to be really amazing at something! If I do have a special talent or ability, it's eluded me so far. I feel fortunate that I'm quite good at lot's of things, but I would love to be really gifted at one thing......and maybe produce something that will outlive me. Not to be famous, but just to produce something worthy of longevity.

Last edited:
Using my own experiences - good or bad, to help others.

I love nothing more, than finding out someone's passion and then, putting it to cross stitch.

Even though questions used to frighten me, I have come to enjoy questions, because it is a chance to explain.

I LOVE talking about my Creator and debunking false beliefs and so, anyone who asks of my faith, I am like a child.

Love ones inboxing me to.

My dream is to live in a wilderness type setting.
Forest, lake, birds, animals.
A small, simple home.
Just big enough to contain the basics that I want.
Cozy, warm, decorated to my tastes with days spent
gardening, cooking, doing whatever hobbies I enjoy
and filled with background ambient music.
My home is my comfort place or would be if I can
achieve the way of living I want.

No rushing, no worrying if I am pleasing or not someone
else that may live with me.
Living like seperate lives, but, there for each other and
love that is warm, not conditional and controlling.

Enough money to provide a comfortable life to the end.
Meaning if the time comes I would need the help of an assisted living facility, enough money to afford a nice place. Not what little medicaid provides.
Simple and comfortable and never stop seeking and pondering the wonders of life, spirit and the Universe.

I have often gotten lost in who I am. Its like this maze in my mind and many times I will map out this maze and go back and the maze has changed. In the centre of this massive construct is all the knowledge I could possibly handle, but getting to it and back out is mostly impossible.

That is also real LIFE for me. I know there is so much available (to all of us) but its like the road is closed, or something, or someone is there to block my way to it what I need.

I was told once that "our struggles often become our greatest stories"... PLEASE DON'T EVER FORGET I JUST SAID THAT... Its a truth all of its own. No one owns it, but the hearts that lived it.
In that TRUTH are words that can change the minds and hearts of a cold world.

I see and study people who have found the ways to navigate LIFE. They amaze me. They inspire me. So in that is my deepest problem, and my greatest dream.

I just want to LEARN how to navigate this reality, and then help those like us do the same thing.
I don't care about money (but we have to have it to survive) but I look at this way. If I find a way to what I seek, I trust that money simply wont be an issue. People like me are what I want to focus on... I understand them and I understand how MISUNDERSTOOD they are.

I love soaking up information and then turning it into even more information. I love writing and putting out content, but it needs to be relevant, reliable, memorable, but at the same time unexpected and if it can be mind blowing - well thats just an added bonus.

Everyone of you just did (on a very small scale) of what I want to do everyday of my life... If you get that its cool, if you don't its cool also. I don't want to say much just yet, things fall apart too easy, and people tend to run off with other peoples dreams if we aren't careful...

This site has PROVEN to me over and over and over, that AS/ASD people are possibly the kindest and most intelligent people on the planet... Maybe the planet needs to understand that also.
ASD has gotten such a nasty smearing at times. Most often people never notice that those kids grow up to be US, and we are no longer running around flapping our hands, spinning in circles, or babbling.

No we often become deep thinkers who can solve massive problems without bombs and killing people, or even insulting them.

KNOWLEDGE is the greatest weapon on the face of this planet. INFORMATION is the greatest currency when it is accurate. Looks at these countless posts on this forum... Yes some are sad, some are even lame (some of the lame ones are my own), but somewhere in most every one of these posts is a real LOVE that is missing out in real life.

I only know I don't want to work at a stupid golf course and lead a meaningless life sucking up to a bunch of arrogant a**holes who pay me well to be a good slave for their entertainment. To me that is not LIFE. I have to do it for now because golf, soil science, and land management is basically all I know and have lots of experience in... but its empty and useless in my heart.

I am working very hard on something, and once its built it wont be a secret anymore... That will be the last thing I would want it too be. Its not a forum... we have that right here...

You all just helped me to make up my mind if I want to risk it... It is now its my joy and my honor to do so. If it works, it may change the face of ASD forever. If it fails... Well at least I tried and didn't sit around and wish upon stars out in Neverland. With that I want to Thank you... : )

And keep posting your dreams and wishes... Get comfortable in them THEY MAY COME TRUE!

Well, I'm not a person inclined towards having grand dreams, ambitions or desires, and I'm not a spiritual person. I also don't have a well-developed sense of self, I'm just kind of drifting along from one day to the next. Really, all I want long-term is to stay healthy for as long as possible and have enough money to survive. Immortality would be nice, but that's out of the question. Having enough money to buy all the music I want, plus upgrading my audio equipment would also be nice, but that's not going to happen. Anyway, there's this millionaire in Brazil who is buying up alll the world's vinyls.
From bathos to pathos...

Which way round does it go?
From pathos to bathos makes more sense.

Immortality would be nice, but that's out of the question.

Somewhere deep, deep within me something has always led me to know that we won that "IMMORTAL lottery" in a time where there is no time... It seems we forget who we are when we are finite physical beings in a time space reality. So is IMMORTALITY really out of the question? : )

Why would we be throw away souls in an eternal Universe?
If we are a spark of the INFINITE, then buddy we are ETERNAL and we just get hung up in our physicality's, as we are supposed too.

I set around pondering this stuff all the time... Trying to reach past this reality to understand forever. Yet if I was ever able to do that...

It mostly laughs at me and shows me to just try and understand where I am right now... And that other stuff... It takes care of itself.

Thats my off topic 2 cents in my off topic post, where there are no limits any way... : )

set around pondering this stuff all the time... Trying to reach past this reality to understand forever. Yet if I was ever able to do that

You lose that understanding when you sign up to the meat suit.

That's why death exists.

Nobody would sign up to the meat suit if they weren't guaranteed a death and a return to the infinite.

Now I've reminded you of the deal,you don't need to worry.

New Threads

Top Bottom