• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Art tools and studios thread! Share photos or videos of your art stuff, also here's a video.

Misery

Amalga Heart
V.I.P Member
So yeah I think the title says it, really.

A lot of artists around this place, with maybe some cool stuff to show, I know I'd like to see it.

You could show your studio room/table/cube, either with photos or videos, or maybe just show some specific art tools that you're particularly fond of... heck, share completed artworks too, if you want. Whatever you want to show here.

I'm gonna start off with just a full tour of mine, because why not. I actually did a video for this.

I apologize for the... unstable footage, I generally have a lot of energy and I move around a lot. But also I wanted to keep the pace going here so the video wouldnt be like 5 years long. And yes, it's always that messy. It's my hobby room in general, really, not just for art. And it's where I'm at whenever I'm browsing the forums here.

Enjoy, or dont, I'm not the boss of you:

Okay, my nonsense is done. Now, if you've got anything to show or talk about, go ahead, give it a go!

Wow! I love the video content going on here lately. You have so much stuff, that's so cool! Also, awesome thread idea, and I can't wait to see everyone's setups!

Maybe if I can get my anxiety to shut up I'll do a video tour, too :)

I’m still battling anxiety about doing a video tour, and to be fair I have some photos in this room of other people that they probably wouldn’t feel comfortable with me sharing on the internet.

But here’s my studio space:

Here is my painting/sketching table, in a very cozy corner by the window. As you can see, we are having a snowstorm after all.
I’m planning on putting a leather couch or bench under the window at some point.
I need some curtains too, those blinds are an eyesore.

The confusing thing is that this room is *upstairs* next to the bedroom, the kitchen is adjacent to this room, and the living room, dog grooming shop and laundry room/mud room are *downstairs.*

I don’t know whose U-Haul truck that is but it’s been parked next to my house for several days now.

9A413737-F0D7-4BD3-94CF-00B2E5C0D55C.jpeg
84CBB6E7-D4E0-4080-8F3F-5292EBBBC2AF.jpeg

All of my graphite pencils are dull and there’s a pencil sharpener literally right there! Lol

I love my dog tape dispenser. He was a gift.

The trunk on the bottom shelf has all my birthday cards, Christmas cards, Halloween cards, thank you cards, graduation cards, Valentines, get well cards, etc dating back as far as I can remember.

ED5A53E9-608B-4A18-85AA-15E8A80887E9.jpeg

My very disorganized crafting cabinet…

6DEE1815-55D9-4930-94C0-DB8B508E2EFA.jpeg

Some of my paints
(I have more but I didn’t put them out for some reason)

96B2A8CA-398D-4EA3-AACC-D3FCA81EE4D3.jpeg

Some of my artwork and photography (the sketch of Enzo was done by a professional artist, not me)

4917837D-5B8A-4F5B-A845-A8BD563AFAD1.jpeg
54B1CDE8-A705-4669-9510-4B6290B1EFB5.jpeg

A portrait of me, it was a Christmas gift and was made by a Ukrainian artist

E4571F71-1F56-4132-896E-4F9BE687C320.jpeg

My studio is in my mind, and goes wherever I go. I don’t have a determined workspace, but I have my supplies drawers and I create a little space wherever I need to in my room. I do live in a house with many rooms, but other humans are there too and I spend most of my time in my own room, so that might be my studio/living space in one.

1677595457758.jpeg

1677595474181.jpeg

1677595494022.jpeg

I have this cool old bureau which is a story in itself… It’s from the house that I grew up in where there was a sign painter and an artist that lived there. The house was very old and only had two families living in it since the 1800s. One of the descendants of the original owners painted this bureau. I also have the sketches that he made in planning it, and other art that he left behind in the house.

1677595579717.jpeg

Here’s how I go to work for the more toxic things that I like to do. It’s the fun kind of danger.

1677595611294.jpeg

When the weather is a bit warmer, I will show my basement workspace where the the daggers are made. It is a common space though with people unexpectedly passing through it and also there’s no heat, so it is a three season space. It’s fun though, full of dangerous and beautifully shiny things.

I don't have an art room here because our youngest would make a mess of everything with the oil and acrylic paints that I used or would use. His idea of art was drawing on and painting the walls with cool abstract stuff which is ok but I rather have him do that stuff on either paper, other plain wooden objects or canvas which he so far refuses to do consistently.

As well, in another post I mentioned I lost some desire to paint and build replica models of things because of some upbringing issues and negative comments there about my creations.. But, should I get another home one day with extra room I will consider creating an art and writing studio, locked if need be.

Below are some paintings I did awhile ago though through my earlier years.

dsc_0230.jpg
dsc_0243.jpg
dsc_02451.jpg
dsc_0236.jpg
dsc_02281.jpg
dsc_0232.jpg

Attachments

• dsc_0237.jpg
    dsc_0237.jpg
    341.4 KB · Views: 52
I don't have an art room here because our youngest would make a mess of everything with the oil and acrylic paints that I used or would use. His idea of art was drawing on and painting the walls with cool abstract stuff which is ok but I rather have him do that stuff on either paper, other plain wooden objects or canvas which he so far refuses to do consistently.

As well, in another post I mentioned I lost some desire to paint and build replica models of things because of some upbringing issues and negative comments there about my creations.. But, should I get another home one day with extra room I will consider creating an art and writing studio, locked if need be.

Below are some paintings I did awhile ago though through my earlier years.

View attachment 97589View attachment 97590View attachment 97591View attachment 97592View attachment 97593View attachment 97594
Omg these are amazing!!!

So yeah I think the title says it, really.

A lot of artists around this place, with maybe some cool stuff to show, I know I'd like to see it.

You could show your studio room/table/cube, either with photos or videos, or maybe just show some specific art tools that you're particularly fond of... heck, share completed artworks too, if you want. Whatever you want to show here.

I'm gonna start off with just a full tour of mine, because why not. I actually did a video for this.

I apologize for the... unstable footage, I generally have a lot of energy and I move around a lot. But also I wanted to keep the pace going here so the video wouldnt be like 5 years long. And yes, it's always that messy. It's my hobby room in general, really, not just for art. And it's where I'm at whenever I'm browsing the forums here.

Enjoy, or dont, I'm not the boss of you:

Okay, my nonsense is done. Now, if you've got anything to show or talk about, go ahead, give it a go!

I really enjoyed your video and your running commentary about all your stuff made me laugh a lot.

I guess my most creative space is the kitchen. That's where I do my best and most creative work because I love to cook, to experiment with different foods and ingredients from around the world and create recipes.

Great thread, Misery. Thanks for starting it.

Edit -my next project is going to be trying to use dried salt cod to make something. I've eaten it in Mexico and Italy but it is virtually unheard of where I live. I think that is because we have such an abundance of fresh local fish and our weather is mild most of the year so there's never been a need to preserve fish by drying it. Anyhoo, I'm going to play with my food, as usual.

Last edited:
I don't have much stuff, but I have been messing around with watercolours and tracing. My supplies live on a tray under the bed. Below is my junk, completed pieces, and works in progress.
20230228_181430.jpg
20230228_181458.jpg
20230228_181510.jpg
20230228_181522.jpg
20230228_181533.jpg
20230228_181541.jpg
20230228_181553.jpg
20230228_181627.jpg
20230228_181638.jpg

I carve wood sometimes, and i like to draw and write, my work space is pretty chaotic. This is a backstrap loom i just made in february
20230225_081112.jpg

I gathered herbs up in the woods yesterday. Turning them into food and medicine is an artform for me.

New Threads

Top Bottom