• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Armchair Physics

I think one of the reasons I like multidimensional (almost said nD but too close to ND) concepts so much, is that I really don't perceive time. If it happened last week, it might have been 4 months ago. And I check appointments that are a month and a half away on the calendar sometimes dozens of times a day, just to make sure I have the date correct.
So time is variable, even without relative velocities. So everything is variable at any time. So I understand the concept of a bound L not really having a magnitude.

I did not know I was on the spectrum until I was in my fifties. the movers and shakers know who I am know that I'm retired. Keep getting them looking me up on my linked in profile. sorry guys I'm retired. No interest in my skill making someone else rich. After all they screwed Tesla. The last time I used my skill was on this site was the figure out covid.

I'm 55 now. And so looking at the last 55 years and trying to make sense of it from a new perspective. That is a long span of time, especially since I don't do things consecutively in my head. So talking about theory is nicely distracting for a bit :)

Using my form of the drake equation I'm one in a million Albert was one in a few billion My former employer wants to expand their business. people like us are not easy to replace.

can you explain what you mean by "inflow timespace"? This might help me visualize.
Instead of spacetime warping around matter, it flows into matter.
If a rock appears to fall from the sky, it's not the rock that falls, it's falling with the spacetime it occupies.
Since photons, or light, has no mass to be trapped in a black hole, the reason it can't escape is because spacetime is racing into the mass of the black hole at the speed of light. The higher the mass, the faster spacetime flows inward. This would also explain time dilation when being propelled through timespace in a rocket. The faster flowing of spacetime, the slower time goes.
Just postulating here...that's all.

You may want to check the new paper published a few weeks ago on black holes. Explaining how they cause the universe to expand. Similar to what you just stated. mathematically rigorize

Instead of spacetime warping around matter, it flows into matter.
If a rock appears to fall from the sky, it's not the rock that falls, it's falling with the spacetime it occupies.
Since photons, or light, has no mass to be trapped in a black hole, the reason it can't escape is because spacetime is racing into the mass of the black hole at the speed of light. The higher the mass, the faster spacetime flows inward. This would also explain time dilation when being propelled through timespace in a rocket. The faster flowing of spacetime, the slower time goes.
Just postulating here...that's all.
Thank you. Never thought of it that way before, so may take me a bit to digest.

You may want to check the new paper published a few weeks ago on black holes. Explaining how they cause the universe to expand. Similar to what you just stated. mathematically rigorize
found an article that explains a lot. Black holes are typically described assuming a non-expanding universe. :-/ Cows are neither homogenous nor spherical. Of course they expand with the universe.

the paper states the black holes suck up energy and are the source of the universe expanding. there is some UTube videos.

Sabine Hossenfelder has many good videos. She is a no nonsense keeps her self-informed calls a spade a spade.

Just watched one by Ben Miles. First thoughts, is the new theories are like ... the black holes are like a stomach for the universe. Digest matter and convert into dark energy which is (in simple terms) the fabric of space-time.
It is easy for me to visualize, if I'm interpreting this correctly.
It also seems to line up quite nicely with the inflow idea.

She is also having issues getting a position within the physics community. They do not like her opinions really bright woman, I have lots of respect for her.

Adam went for a good walk this morning, trying to figure out why you cannot find employment. you have a very rare skill like me why did it not get recognized my greatest skill is solving puzzles. one big difference between you and I is I do not like computers even through on the surface I should be perfect as a programmer. the need the be completely absolutely logical. was the issue. connecting thinks that should not be connected. does not work with programming. Or going outside formal teaching.

let's change the perspective why could Einstein not get a job after graduation. he shares our unique skill for him and I all the stars lined up. It took an obscure paper no body read in a German journal, not English so luck broke him out or he could have stayed in the patent office. On the surface Albert should have been a very competent mathmagician and that would have been the end of it .He saw connections no one else could see.

keep in mind when your one in a million nobody is actively looking for you worse if your if your one in a billion.

Last edited:
Adam went for a good walk this morning, trying to figure out why you cannot find employment. you have a very rare skill like me why did it not get recognized my greatest skill is solving puzzles. one big difference between you and I is I do not like computers even through on the surface I should be perfect as a programmer. the need the be completely absolutely logical. was the issue. connecting thinks that should not be connected. does not work with programming. Or going outside formal teaching.

let's change the perspective why could Einstein not get a job after graduation. he shares our unique skill for him and I all the stars lined up. It took an obscure paper no body read in a German journal, not English so luck broke him out or he could have stayed in the patent office. On the surface Albert should have been a very competent mathmagician and that would have been the end of it .He saw connections no one else could see.

keep in mind when your one in a million nobody is actively looking for you worse if your if your one in a billion.
Yes, this is true. I find connections between many things others don't see. This is part of my communication problems. I "go all over the place" to others, and if they are patient I can explain how and why. Then it makes sense, but it is not easy to always do.
Also, I gain interest in something very quickly, get a little bit good at it, and then lose interest because now something else is more interesting. That doesn't help.
And I really don't like to think of myself as a genius, or too smart. When I say it, it is because I know I'm smarter than a lot of people, but then again I'm not very smart in so many ways, even downright stupid. So it balances.
The programming job was my best, but honestly, I'd get lost in just wanting to redesign someone else's work from the ground up. I could do it, but maybe not better? Very structured, although there are many different ways to get from A to B. I found that I like it for a while, then burn out on it, and will maybe pick it up again for a few months. A hobby.
I'm really not too stuck on getting a job at the moment. My wife does make enough for us, and we are even planning to buy land to live on. So it would help, but I need to be ready first. Probably I'll just do something tedious and boring, so my mind can focus on other things.

Here is something I have not mentioned in 30 years. I the early nineties I was unemployed for two years. Did not need a job wife worked house paid off two young kids, To me its being a man and not being able to find employment. Felt like a bum I went back to school. became a quality engineer. that got me multiple job offers I took to lower paid job because it fit my experience. After that never ever got a job as a quality engineer even if you see some of my stuff on this site, I could easily be amazing at it
I
Either way as my buddy told me I collected wifefare, when I got back in the work force bought property as investment. and boy did it go up in price having a very comfortable retirement. looking back I saved a lot on babysitting. really bonded with the kids. I still cannot talk about it because of the stigma. I have a cousin skipped classes multiple times in grade school, he lost his job years ago was unemployed for two years his mother told me he went back to school heating and air conditioning top of his class, currently has not seen his family in years I reached out to him his wife found out his other cousin is Eddy Zeeman something she did not know. Eddy tells me she is now his biggest fan. Weird how sigma effects some of us.

Of course now I have to listen to some of eddie's music :) So far I like it.
Yeah, there is definitely a stigma to having wife work when I don't. Since I was never really able to assimilate in grade school, I quickly grew to not care what people who I don't care about think. But it still hurts sometimes. I have a neighbor that I welcomed next door to me when he moved, and he turned out to be a bigoted jerk towards me. He would sing-song insults at me, and tell my wife she should leave me, and then pretend to be my friend. :-/ Now he's had a heart attack and all toes on his left foot amputated and he complains that I don't visit him. Whatever.
So I've heard about how I'm supposed to have a job my whole life. Which is why I did until 10 years ago, with only short breaks between jobs. Now I'm paying for it. So my neighbor can sing-song whatever he wants :) But he doesn't because of his health now. I feel bad for him as a fellow human being in physical distress, but that is about it. I don't think that makes me cold.
I got pretty sidetracked. If I worked, nothing would be cooked, the dog would suffer, nothing would be cleaned. My wife is a waste after work. So it is good for both of us the way it works out.

New Threads

Top Bottom