• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Armchair Physics

He was busy developing loop quantum gravity, which he is now rethinking. mentioned off hand he was checking into quaternions. big Suprise to me I'm a nobody to find him following the same trail as me, second time I was surprised last time was a year ago to find Ed Witten wax following the trail of information theory. which I was also following. Not bad for not doing the math. just following what I can visualize.

Yeah, I never really liked loop quantum gravity. I do see gravity sources (mass) has having two poles, it is just the other pole is outside our observable dimensions. Which is totally not LQG.

I was a fan of string theory but gave up about 15 years ago no super symmetry is a big hit
currently following Neil Turok keep it simple two universes.

hmm.. this brings up black holes for me, which is a natural extension. What I imagine, is that past the event horizon, the "positive" gravity starts to balance with the "negative" gravity pole, and somewhere in there the gravity field is 0, and then the other pole gets stronger. So it is, sort of in a way, a wormhole, just not one we can travel through safely... this is what led me to the "measurements swapping for observers" so big gets small etc.

I was a fan of string theory but gave up about 15 years ago no super symmetry is a big hit
currently following Neil Turok keep it simple two universes.
Yes, I was really really into string (and M) theory when I first discovered it.

I also like Leonard Suskind saw a couple of his lectures. 15 years ago, holographic theory black holes is where it is at
really got Peter Woit pissed. sometimes even the critics are wrong.

Armchair physics without the math is what i sometimes occupy my mind with when going to a dark place.
String theory never resonated with me.
Right now though i am looking at quantum field theory.
And inflow time space makes more sense to me than just a simple warping. Inflow spacetime answers many questions in relation to gravity and time dilation.

I also like Leonard Suskind saw a couple of his lectures. 15 years ago, holographic theory black holes is where it is at
really got Peter Woit pissed. sometimes even the critics are wrong.
I saw the simplicity of a holographic model when I was a kid. *shrug* just interference patterns, advanced field theory I suppose...

I think what hurts the current holographic model is that it is based on string theory. The concept is fine, but the execution ... they are not thinking sideways. But that really is academia these days. Need funding, and if you are "fringe" it goes away.

Armchair physics without the math is what i sometimes occupy my mind with when going to a dark place.
String theory never resonated with me.
Right now though i am looking at quantum field theory.
And inflow time space makes more sense to me than just a simple warping. Inflow spacetime answers many questions in relation to gravity and time dilation.
can you explain what you mean by "inflow timespace"? This might help me visualize.

I think what hurts the current holographic model is that it is based on string theory. The concept is fine, but the execution ... they are not thinking sideways. But that really is academia these days. Need funding, and if you are "fringe" it goes away.
I agree Leonard is older than me 80'sonly knows what he was taught.

Peter Woit reminds me of music critics the critics hatred Led Zepplin during the late sixties.

To me time is emergent requires movement to exist see Carlo Rovelli I read his book and just before I retired, I gave it to my understudy the woman with a master's degree in physics. she was influenced too much by what she was taught in university,

Adam curious what did or do you do for a living, I'm retired. ended up being an expert on industrial painting.my ability to visualize proved very useful in fixing processes.

Adam curious what did or do you do for a living, I'm retired. ended up being an expert on industrial painting.my ability to visualize proved very useful in fixing processes.
I hid in office buildings doing support work for a long time, a string of terrible jobs that sometimes were gratifying. My most successful work was as a computer programmer for an indie educational games company.

I haven't worked in 10 years.

this is one of the projects I worked on. Attached a toothbrush head to a wii-mote and adapted inputs for the PC. For ages 6 to teach proper tooth hygiene.

A lot of the projects we had were proposals for not-won contracts, so I'm especially proud for Brush Up (original title was "Brush Off" but it didn't do well with test groups).

I hid in office buildings doing support work for a long time, a string of terrible jobs that sometimes were gratifying. My most successful work was as a computer programmer for an indie educational games company.

I haven't worked in 10 years.
My brother a fellow Aspie was a programmer engineer and genius lost his job did not work again for 30 years. passed away after his 65 birthday.

Maybe you will find some help here among the fraternity. Too bad you could not turn your visualization skill into something. After all Albert used his to look over patents.
I used mine to fix processes. Give me an couple of hours. Time and money and look out Even fixed paint process on automotive assembly line. took me a year then I moved on. If the movers and shakers knew you had this skill you would be hired in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
yes, thank you. After 10 years not working I discovered my autism just a few weeks ago. I'm pretty frazzled, and I'm also more optimistic to maybe work again. I do have a lot that I can do, and I learn anything interesting extremely fast. I just ... cannot work in the NT world again. Unless it is very sheltered. At least for now.

New Threads

Top Bottom