• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Armchair Physics

Amazing drummer can sing also. Among fellow musicians up here he is a legend. probably the best drummer in the GTA.

Cool. So you are in Toronto then? Or at least Ontario... I only visited Canada one time, back in the early 80s. It was to Guelph when a friend went there to see his mom. He has dual citizenship, his mom is canadian his dad USA.
I was born in Maryland and in my 30s went on a 2 year camping trip across USA and now (unfortunately) am in Alabama since my wife has a job there. I like the wooded areas here, but people are better further north. This is why we are getting land, with trees on it. To be alone.

(edit) ok not early 80s, I was in high school then. I forget when but after high school. I can't do dates and time spans.

Brampton next to Toronto funny thing Eddie is now a hairdresser. the music industry died. He made a bit of a name for himself in Germany. never got the big break Now a celebrity hairdresser. works alone in small town has lots of U tube videos. my sister lives outside of Guelph, got her masters at Moo U, nickname as it started as an agricultural college. before becoming a university.

We have a third property trees shack.18 acres. great place to be alone. kids like to go winter camping shooting, drinking I call it burning man North as each time they come back someone is burnt. doing something stupid with the fire pit.

Well that's too bad about his music career, I'm still listening to a Utube playlist and enjoying it. It is cool that he's a hairdresser, if he enjoys that. And for celebrities, so he's still touching the business tangentially. My wife calls her undergrad college the same thing, for the same reason :)
I'm hoping for 5-6 acres, but will settle for 3 acres as there's one to look at soon. It is quite wooded and surrounded by cow pasture, and rolling hills, so that is great. The only thing is we don't know if it has power or water, but we do know it won't be far to connect if not.

he works by appointment only. so he could take off for the day do session work, commercials other bands go too drummer for heavy duty drumming. plays anything from rap country rock whatever they want have him listen to a song once and he has the drum part down. does it by ear. he cuts my hair every six months. $20 perfectionist women ask who cut my hair Joked with him lasty time he may be one of us he agreed. Check his web site for his hair studio. amazed what he went through to get trained. Top of his class in hair dressing school. The school went to his place to personally give him his diploma.

he works by appointment only. so he could take off for the day do session work, commercials other bands go too drummer for heavy duty drumming. plays anything from rap country rock whatever they want have him listen to a song once and he has the drum part down. does it by ear. he cuts my hair every six months. $20 perfectionist women ask who cut my hair Joked with him lasty time he may be one of us he agreed. Check his web site for his hair studio. amazed what he went through to get trained. Top of his class in hair dressing school. The school went to his place to personally give him his diploma.
So he definitely knows what he wants and goes for it. That is awesome. And I'm still listening to the music :) So I must like it. It is a big playlist, he has a lot of songs.
My wife sometimes asks me to help her cut her hair and I'm pretty good at it. I'd never done it before (except on myself and I do a buzz cut, I'm half bald and my beard grows 3x as fast as my remaining head hair. I go until I'm quite shaggy and then go down to 3mm or so (beard) and 5mm or so (head). Never for money would I even try, people are picky about their hair and I'd do what looked best, not what they wanted. By mistake. Or halfway in between which would be worse.
But doing my wife's hair with specific instructions "I want it layered like this right there but stop there" I can do.

H was a trustee on the Toronto board of trade years ago the movers and shakers would come to Toronto they would go to a bar to let their hair down. and he would behind the drum kit surprise Suprise. they would be stunned. He was vice president of a small company at the time. Same personality as my son who I've mentioned on here before graduates' college. goes for job interview leaves interview running the company.

you have been more successful than I have with a lot of things. I'm still trying to figure out what I really want out of life right now. You know I only discovered that I'm autistic about ... shoot. I guess 2-3 weeks ago. Not very long. Not a month.

I come from a family with lots of autistic people just figuring it out my brother's wife at Christmas as she is a teacher.
and got training on spotting kids stated to me her husband my brother is on the spectrum, I told her I already knew. His special interest is electronics programming and the stock market. She spends most of her time traveling when she is not teaching. He really knows what he is doing. Could make any body rich has program that works out what companies to buy to make money on dividends. He keeps to himself.

I now suspect my dad and his younger sister of being autistic. I speak w/ my aunt, she is very cool. Doesn't work until she needs to. Lives in her parents' (my grandparents) house, it is old and creaky and drafty. She makes it work. But her word is "shy". That's cool w/ me.
She tells me things that I know are true about my dad and her in childhood, and their bully older brother. My dad is very repressed, and loves being dominated by my mother.

Honestly, I worry that I'm just so .. new to this, that I'm seeing autism everywhere. TV shows, maybe the scripts are just that stupid? Or is this person just interesting on TV because they give the character autistic traits? Anyway, I do suspect my aunt very strongly, and possibly my dad, though his childhood was very traumatic. His mom was schizoid and on bad meds her whole life.

I see the same thing watched a bunch of u-tube videos for the last few days on a band called Creedance clear water revival. Great band amazing songs when I was just starting high school. seemed like a hit every couple of days multi hit wonder. and then they just disappeared, absolutely amazing band. Finally found out what happened. It was basically a one-man band and the lead singer and song writer I believe is an Aspie seeing him now 78 years old all the pieces of the story make sense. It looks like his music is making a comeback. he now owns rights to all his songs. Once the younger people like you see who he is his kids will be worth a lot of money he for a couple of years rivalled the Beatles absolute song writing machine.

Last edited:
I see the same thing watched a bunch of u-tube videos for the last few days on a band called Creedance clear water revival. Great band amazing songs when I was just starting high school. seemed like a hit every couple of days multi hit wonder. and then they just disappeared, absolutely amazing band. Finally found out what happened. It was basically a one-man band and the lead singer and song writer I believe is an Aspie seeing him now 78 years old all the pieces of the story make sense. It looks like his music is making a comeback. he now owns rights to all his songs. Once the younger people like you see who he is his kids will be worth a lot of money he for a couple of years rivalled the Beatles absolute song writing machine.
ha, younger people like me? I"m not that much younger, old man. I am quite familiar with Credence, though I never saw them live.
Never knew that Fogerty was autistic though, I just listen to the music.

I"ve been going through a lot of self discovery lately and it is hard and exciting and painful. But I also know that my body problems will go away once I get rid of so much stored tension. Thank you for being a good friend to me.

oh ps: I think I've finally got a drawing project. I want to show you how I've integrated the new black hole theory I leaned about with the influx idea as I just learned about. I want to draw it because words are incomplete, the drawing will be too so will have labels.

Can you toss a tennis ball in the air with one hand, not look at it but project the trajectory, and catch it in the other hand easily with calculations?

drinking water for hiccups only works if you let the water massage the diaphragm while moving through the esophagus.

ha, younger people like me? I"m not that much younger, old man. I am quite familiar with Credence, though I never saw them live.
Never knew that Fogerty was autistic though, I just listen to the music.
I was 14 when they had hit my wife was 10 I'm 68 now explained to my wife how the vets coming back from the war were treated. Not like now. The older baby boomers treated them like dirt. I have no respect for those university educated twits. John Fogerty, I can see now was one of us. that's what the one song was about. my wife had no clue.
prodigal son his biggest hit, him being an Aspie explains a lot, Even why his band mates did not get along the more you know about us as a community little things, like being averse to lying deceit, lack of fairness he refused to play his own songs for 25 years. Now I get him. Keep in mind most of the vets were high school grads the hippies and the rest were university grads. My wife's older than me sister is a big fan of the military now where was she then.

Last edited:
Tina Turner dying got me looking up what happened as at a party the younger people wanted to hear proud Mary
one of her signature songs, originally written and sung by John and his band just one of many of his hits

Found a u-tube clip of my cousin playing 2018 just before covid. I was in the audience briefly saw myself while he was singing whole lot of love while playing drums. not the best video but amazing performance. doing Robert Plant and John Bohman simultaneously live.

New Threads

Top Bottom