• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are you vegan?

Are you a vegan?

• Yes

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • No

Votes: 24 77.4%

• Total voters
I'm not a vegan. Though I love fruits and veggies (especially raw). I do appreciate what vegans are doing however and admire them for it. I feel weak morally in comparison.

I tried going gluten free for the last few weeks might as well been eating cardboard. Not a big meat eater not about to quit, after all other primates need meat whether insects or monkeys if they can catch.

Enjoy incorporating raw foods in my diet. I could totally live off of a small same type of diet because of autism. Like l don't like changes, however, if visually inspired, l try new recipes.

I heard someone say that being vegan for a long time should be a symptom of autism (I couldn't tell if she was joking/partially joking or not) and it just made me feel uneasy and wanted to know how many autistic people on here are vegan. I probably shouldn't add this but I want to, I am not a vegan or vegetarian, I hate the feel, smell and taste of most veggies and fruits; I cannot make myself like it no matter how hard I try.
cook! veg, cover in a sauce, cover fruit in a sauce, drink fresh fruit juice, i'm trying to be vegan but my digestive tract,kidneys,lungs,heart are damaged, so im trying as hard as i can

Same here I have archery hunted for many years . And have killed animals for my own food. I never hunted for sport .

Most people who go to store and buy packaged dead animals don’t understand the profound importance of looking in the eyes of the animal that you killed , while they are dying they look at you, I don’t like looking anything in the eyes but in this moment nature forces you to do this and come to terms with your actions , this is reality and not a burger commercial. It’s my opinion all meat eaters should do this a few times in their life.And most animal lovers have never experienced this . It’s a contradiction, in my opinion.

I have no problems with people eating meat . But to be calling oneself an animal lover is kind of odd. Should maybe be rephrased as “ I like certain animals”not all obviously. I came the realization for myself and evaluated my hypocrisy . why should I be prejudice towards certain animals and eat them and love other animals . I don’t accept prejudice from humans why should I be that way towards other creatures.

my family has a history of heart disease and a rare cancer gene that gets triggered by eating too much meat . So when I put my cat Alley to rest , her eyes were the same as the many deer I have killed and ate. It was in that moment , my stomach started feeling sick about meat .
plus the texture I never liked much .

Sorry if anyone is offended. But I am glad I know how to hunt , skin and butcher an animal if need be .

And glad I am vegetarian for my health, which is the other reason I did it. My arthritis has dissipated greatly, my knee and neck pain are gone . I don’t have to take blood pressure medication anymore , my cholesterol is normal now all from cutting out meat in my diet. I know everyone is different. But this my my experience unique to me
Animal lover is speciesist

Vegetarian since 2005 for my faith and never regretted (altho I was raised to hunting, fishing, and killing).

Not quite vegan as I still have a couple of eggs a week and cheese occasionally - having read the packages, not sure vegan cheese is even "real food" ;)
Cow cheese has the enzymes from the stomach of a murdered baby cow

I`m not vegan but I do eat significantly less animal based foods than the average Dutch person. I might consume some kind of meat 4/7 days a week. But when making a pasta, rice based meal or whatever I usually take what is considered a 1 person portion and put it in for a family of 4. I believe there are certain nutrients we need from animal based products that we don`t absorb from suppliments or plant based foods well enough.

The animal products (mostly beef and eggs) I buy are usually from animals of which they claim had a good life. I have for a very long time bought beef that came from cows who could roam freely and every ones in a while one was shot because there were no natural predators around.
FREE Nature | Foundation for Restoring European Ecosystems if any Dutch readers are interested.

Personally I do not mind an animal needs to be killed in order for us to eat it. What I do care about is them having a good life until they die.
Research the supplements animals,birds are given, that you could take and be just as healthy they are only healthy because they are given supplements ,most cows have cancer by the time they are murdered (sentient like humans so murder)

Not true for all cheese. In my country there are a lot of cheeses that have those enzymes based on micro bacteria. You do need to check the ingredient list to know thou.

Research the supplements animals,birds are given, that you could take and be just as healthy they are only healthy because they are given supplements ,most cows have cancer by the time they are murdered (sentient like humans so murder)
I think the risk of cancer in the cows I consume are pretty low because they have miles upon miles of grass and forest and to roam over. And are shot only because of over population. Since there are not natural enemies in the area.

I think the risk of cancer in the cows I consume are pretty low because they have miles upon miles of grass and forest and to roam over. And are shot only because of over population. Since there are not natural enemies in the area.
Thats you which will be a TINY percentage

Thats you which will be a TINY percentage
Maybe. But since plants can develop tumors as well. Soon there is no food we can consume anymore. Might aswell make the best of the years I have left with food I enjoy.

I switched to vegan in 2020. Veganism and plant-based nutrition had been a special interest for me for a few years already before that but I didn't get around to actually making the switch for a long time due to executive dysfunction. I was finally able to take advantage of a period of hyperfixation to make the switch, and then it was pretty easy. I wouldn't like to go back now.

Research research research: some cheeses are not made with Animal Rennet these days, at least in the US
Many companies have clear info on their packages, or at least on their websites, and some have very helpful help desks.

Easy decision: If I don't know for certain, I don't eat it :)

I'm Norvegan.

full
:D

Thanks to Crossbreed for the little drummer emoji, I stole it from him.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom