• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are you left or right handed?

Are you left or right handed?

• Left Handed

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • Right Handed

Votes: 38 58.5%
  • Ambidextrous

Votes: 5 7.7%

• Total voters
I'm ambidextrous, not sure why, when I was younger I used to write with my left hand and then switched over to my right hand. There's literally no differentiation between left and right hand, the classic test is a reaction test, throw a ball at someone who isn't expecting it, and they will catch it with their most dextrous hand, in my case it merely depends how close it is to my left or right side.

It sounds like a useful skill to have but it confuses the hell out of people who have read your body language and are expecting a move.

It's kinda handy though in one way but that does not bear repeating in respectable company. j/k

It does mean though I am very naturally good at dancing for example, I can move well in any direction. End of the day its pretty much useless though.

Last edited:
I do most everything right handed but can switch hit in baseball. When I played in high school I hit for power right, for contact left.

I'm left-handed. And left-footed. I think I inherited it from my mother.

Last edited:
If everyone was left-handed, I would be left-handed. However, being left handed and growing up in a right-handed world, I am ambidextrous.

My mother and older brother were lefties. I was ambidextrous before the stroke. being from a family of ten I was the only family member that could sit next to him on the dinner table.

Right-handed. But I play hockey left-handed. I am miserably terrible at sports, except hockey. I play the guitar which requires a lot of coordination in both hands. For the most part, I am pretty clumsy.

I use my right hand, but I am ambisinistral. So it's not because my right hand is stronger. It's just what's convenient. most of my pc peripherals are for right handed people, so that's what I use. When I had my assessment, testing that was part of it, and my hand strength tested dead even both hands, both weak, lolol

Left-handed is statistically rare, and associated , I think with schizophrenia, homosexuality, and historically had 'satanic connotations....The term "Left hand path" is derived from this cultural association

I'm right handed. Like the vast majority.

My mother and older brother were lefties. I was ambidextrous before the stroke. being from a family of ten I was the only family member that could sit next to him on the dinner table.
We put our one lefty son at the corner of the table to fix that problem.

New Threads

Top Bottom