• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are you left or right handed?

Are you left or right handed?

• Left Handed

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • Right Handed

Votes: 38 58.5%
  • Ambidextrous

Votes: 5 7.7%

• Total voters

Ken

V.I.P Member
I saw an interesting article regarding a study on the symmetry of autistic brains. The study suggests that autistic people are more likely to be left handed, but the results are not conclusive. So, I thought I would try a poll. By the way, I am left handed.
Oops, didn't think of ambidextrous. Just added a selection for that.
Thanks

Last edited:
I am ambidextrous or have mixed handedness depending on the task. (Some things I do better right-handed than left, some I do better left- handed than right, some are equal left or right, some I can only do left-handed or possibly only right-handed but at the moment nothing comes to mind for something I can only do with my right hand and not my left)

Last edited:
I used to be Ambidextrous when I was much younger, however a bit of a medical incident left me paralyzed temporarily, and so I went to Physiotherapy to help with that. They started on my Left side of my body and they more or less worked on that side the longest, so I became a Lefty after that.

I am right-handed, but there are some things that I do better with my left hand, like one-handed bicycle steering.

On a related note, when I took a Finger Oscillation Test, I scored higher with my non-dominant left hand, than my dominant right. (I was told that is unusual.)
Right pawed.
Wouldn't that be a northpaw...? ;)

Last edited:
For some things I use my right hand, others my left. I write with my right hand, but I think I was actually supposed to be left-handed - I distinctly remember not knowing which hand to use when I was learning to write and looking at the person next to me to see which hand they were using. As a result, I grew up thinking I was right-handed and so learned to do many things right-handed, but instinctively do some things left-handed.

I'm left-handed, my parents are left-handed, and I'm very thankful to be living in a time where being left-handed is acceptable (at least in most western countries). I'm quite proud to be a sinister person.

I am right handed, but I have a first cousin on my mother's side who is undiagnosed and is ambidextrous.

I grew up thinking i was left handed. Found out last year that i was way more comfortable with and wrote better using my right hand.
Today i'm mostly right handed with a couple of things i do ambidextrously.

Just had another one of my lovely compulsive, invasive thoughts.

About how much it would suck to have no hands at all.

But as far as the poll goes, I can use both.

Right-handed, although doing certain things (like changing gears in a manual car) would probably be challenging if the gear stick were on the right, rather than left of the steering wheel.

I'am right but can do somethings left.When playing baseball the lefthand you had to learn to catch with it.

I saw an interesting article regarding a study on the symmetry of autistic brains. The study suggests that autistic people are more likely to be left handed, but the results are not conclusive. So, I thought I would try a poll. By the way, I am left handed.
Oops, didn't think of ambidextrous. Just added a selection for that.
Thanks

I'm right handed, but I use my left hand a lot for carrying/holdiing things so maybe ambidextrous to an extent. My dad could write in cursive with both hands at once, his left hand would write backwards, and the right hand forwards in perfect cursive. My son is left handed though, and has lots of my traits, but says he isn't interested in knowing if he's on the spectrum.

New Threads

Top Bottom