• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are you fan of Johnny's or BL?

Irakus34

Just someone else in this world.
Is there any fan of Johnny's (Arashi, NEWS, Kat-Tun, Kinki Kids, Naniwa Danshi, etc) and/or fan of BL (Thai mainly, but also Japanese, Korean, Chinese and Taiwanese) and even just Japanese dramas in general? I want to find people to share opinions and likes.

Johnny is infamous for sexually abusing his talent on the casting couch, so I am anti-Johnny’s.

Not a huge fan of BL. There have been some really great anime like "Given" or "Yuri on Ice" that are honest and compelling and explore male same-sex relationships. The problem with BL is that it falls into abusive tropes too easily, the worst ones being extreme age gap relationships, power gap relationships, and questionable consent. Not my idea of a dream relationship. There appear to be certain tropes its fans look for and want that I have no interest in.

Yeah, I know it is just flickering images on a screen and I make no judgments on a person's fantasy. It just isn't my fantasy.

OTOH, there is a fair amount of good "yuri" out there - anime about same-sex female relationships. I think the markets for the two are entirely different in what they are looking for.

I like BL, especially danmei! I am obsessed with several, most recently Tian ya ke, tian guan ci fu and of course mo dao zu shi! The only one i couldn't get into is 2ha, and possibly its bc i saw a lot of spoilers

Johnny is infamous for sexually abusing his talent on the casting couch, so I am anti-Johnny’s.
Yes, that's was the real trouble of the company. Though, since he died, JE took a new path. Also, I guess it's not fair to blame the artists in it when they really work their lives on it. It's true to mention, if you want to be someone in Japanese entertainment, getting into JE is a sure bet as they literally control a great part of the Japanese market.

Not a huge fan of BL. There have been some really great anime like "Given" or "Yuri on Ice" that are honest and compelling and explore male same-sex relationships. The problem with BL is that it falls into abusive tropes too easily, the worst ones being extreme age gap relationships, power gap relationships, and questionable consent. Not my idea of a dream relationship. There appear to be certain tropes its fans look for and want that I have no interest in.

Yeah, I know it is just flickering images on a screen and I make no judgments on a person's fantasy. It just isn't my fantasy.

OTOH, there is a fair amount of good "yuri" out there - anime about same-sex female relationships. I think the markets for the two are entirely different in what they are looking for.
It isn't either my fantasy. I don't watch two boys kissing because oh they're cute. Mainly, the BL I watch share original ideas of same-sex relationships, homophobia experiences, claiming LGBTQ+ rights. There are a big bunch for good series out there where everyone involved are dedicating their lives to make their country safer for the community.

I'd like to share with you some titles as I Told Sunset About You, a series based on a real gay couple (the main actors). Not Me, aside of a very interesting story, never seen such pride parade so beautiful revindicated. Every work of P'Aof (director who has male partner and work hard for their rights) is a masterpiece. P'Aam reported abuses and homophobia into the entertainment through his works. Even a lot of artists into BL have claimed themselves as gay, bisexual, pansexual, transexual and queer, non-binary.
Your Name Engraved Herein is a sure Taiwanese option to see the hardships same-sex couples had to face in the past.
GagaOOLala is a queer streaming site who's working really hard to make us visible.
BL world has opened and yes, sadly it has the etiquette of fantasy of two boys kissing, but when you dig deeper, there are truly diamonds that help people in the community to accept themselves, understand a friend or get out of a toxic relationship.

As last but not less important, I'm seriously happy that GL is getting new chances to get famous too. Now P'Saint (great Bl actor who's now directing) said he will do GL until making them more visible.

PD: I won't say many fans aren't there for just the fantasy because I've seen so many, but ignoring them, I've never seen such a big opportunity for LGBTQ+ visibility as BL in East Asia.

I like BL, especially danmei! I am obsessed with several, most recently Tian ya ke, tian guan ci fu and of course mo dao zu shi! The only one i couldn't get into is 2ha, and possibly its bc i saw a lot of spoilers
Tgcf and Mdzs are my entire death. Mxtx is surely one of the best writers of wuxia. The rest, I don't know them because I ended Mo Du, suffered with their donghua and live action being stopped (as tgcf) and I never had time to watch Sha Po Lang as their live action was almost right at the corner.

I'm gonna ask something truly hard, who is your favourite character among tgcf and mdzs? (Do not hate me, please!)

If you don't judge me, from MDZS i like Jin Guangyao, Lan Xichen (also ship them oops) and xiao xingchen.

From tgcf: XIE LIAN, shi qing xuan (my poor baby)

How about yours?

Btw i also grew to love Priest's works. I have only read Tian ya Ke (not complete) but i am considering starting Sha Po Lang and Lord Seventh also. The live action for Tian ya ke (Word of Honor) is top notch, highly recommend it.

Also: I heard of all that thai shows you mentioned but i am too scared to start watching them since.. Emotions! I am scared of getting emotionally scarred so i keep postponing it.

Also another note: I actually like dark and twisted stories and relationships, it's interesting to explore the human psyche. I enjoy seeing imperfect, and even horrible people fall in love. It's purely fiction and hurts no one so it doesn't matter at all

Last edited:
If you don't judge me, from MDZS i like Jin Guangyao, Lan Xichen (also ship them oops) and xiao xingchen.

From tgcf: XIE LIAN, shi qing xuan (my poor baby)

How about yours?

Btw i also grew to love Priest's works. I have only read Tian ya Ke (not complete) but i am considering starting Sha Po Lang and Lord Seventh also. The live action for Tian ya ke (Word of Honor) is top notch, highly recommend it.

Also: I heard of all that thai shows you mentioned but i am too scared to start watching them since.. Emotions! I am scared of getting emotionally scarred so i keep postponing it.

Also another note: I actually like dark and twisted stories and relationships, it's interesting to explore the human psyche. I enjoy seeing imperfect, and even horrible people fall in love. It's purely fiction and hurts no one so it doesn't matter at all
I won't judge you!! I can't blame you for shipping Jin Guanyao and Lan Xichen because I do too. Really hard. I cried so much for their ending, especially how they turned it in the live action. It ripped out my heart. The same with Xiao Xingchen and Xue Yang. I've never been the same person again with candies...

Xie Lian is a must, sweetest soul ever. And Feng Shi Qing Xuan... This character provoked the best and the worst in me. His story was horrible...

Mine are from mdzs Lan Wangji, Wen Ning and Nie Mingjue. Such gorgeous characters. I'm impressed how well defined their personalities are.
And from tgcf, Xie Lian for obvious reasons. I could say Hua Cheng too because when his past, that's one of the most beautiful loves I've ever read.
Mxtx really loves love after death, so do I lol

Priest's works are so good too! Mo Du is from her and I truly recommend it as the characters are so well built and the story is so immersive.
I've never watched World Of Honor because of prejudices, to be honest. People told me it's like a cheap copy of The Untamed and that really got my expectations and motivation really low. Maybe one day, but if I see it's alike, I may get angry and leave xD

Thai BLs are seriously a whole new world, especially some are my favourite series ever. Some are so funny, and others are mentally complicated to watch. I don't regret any, but I wouldn't watch some twice either because I can't. Still, if you ever do the step, ask me for titles as I've watched the majority of them.

I can't agree more with you. Usually I'm ashamed to say I liked this or that because it's so wrong and so dark I'm afraid people would think I'm sick. It's just that I love to study the dark side of the human psycho. And as you said, it's fictional. Obviously, it's not showing, for example a murder, and make it look as something good, but showing a murder and what's behind, how to avoid it, what to do. It could be seriously helpful.

I also ship Xuexiao too! It rips out my heart too, and i couldn't watch the donghua's ending since i didn't want to see the xiyao scene. To Lan Xichen, Jgy was really a different person than how the world sees him, to the very end. And Xichen was really the Light of his life, i think even one of the live action actors Said this.

And hualian, also another wonderful and touching relationship.

About word of honor, i don't think it's similar to the untamed at all, the character and relationship dynamics are a lot different to me, especially the Novel.

With thai bl series, i Recently tried KinnPorsche but couldn't get into it, i have heard a lot of good things about Not Me and I told the sunset about you however.
I think i will try watching the latter especially.

Yes, tragic relationships, and characters who don't have a healthy concept of love, falling in love regardless is very fascinating. And i like to see "problematic" characters love and being loved in return, and be happy.

I also ship Xuexiao too! It rips out my heart too, and i couldn't watch the donghua's ending since i didn't want to see the xiyao scene. To Lan Xichen, Jgy was really a different person than how the world sees him, to the very end. And Xichen was really the Light of his life, i think even one of the live action actors Said this.

And hualian, also another wonderful and touching relationship.

About word of honor, i don't think it's similar to the untamed at all, the character and relationship dynamics are a lot different to me, especially the Novel.

With thai bl series, i Recently tried KinnPorsche but couldn't get into it, i have heard a lot of good things about Not Me and I told the sunset about you however.
I think i will try watching the latter especially.

Yes, tragic relationships, and characters who don't have a healthy concept of love, falling in love regardless is very fascinating. And i like to see "problematic" characters love and being loved in return, and be happy.
I watched the donghua knowing what I was about to see and I kind of regretted it after. However, the donghua scenes can't be compared with the live action. I have no idea who thought about all these scenes but seriously, the level of mastering each detail surpassed perfection.
And yes, Guanyao told Xichen that he has been the only person to who he hasn't lied about his feelings (the bromance is a joke lol). And I truly believe Xichen was the only person Guanyao didn't want to lie, hurt or manipulate. That's why when Nie Mingjue claimed he was going to attack him, it was a lie to complete his revenge and Xichen got so isolated because in the end he knew the truth of that day and couldn't trust Guanyao anymore. (OMG sorry I love explaining mdzs details).

I don't know if watching it, because it's also really long and even The Untamed was heavy during the dream lol

W h a t. You couldn't get into KinnPorsche? I mean, I respect it, but for real, one of the best Thai BLs in terms of quality we could get in 6 years. Why is that so? You didn't like it? Ironically, it has very dark side with VegasPete in exactly the type you like of a psycho falling in love, so if you're into that, give it a chance because it's seriously worth it. And next season, it will be probably their whole season, but he's not that psycho.

If you start with Not Me and ITSAY, I assure you everything else will look boring lol I recommend if you watch Not Me, watch before Theory Of Love, really toxic behaviour, the actors are the same and it's a good example of how they've progressed as actors and as ship. And ITSAY... not the conventional beautiful love, you suffer a lot, but it's a masterpiece. Also, it's based on the actors' real life and relationship so it feels realer.

Other titles you would like to see are Heartstopper (actually from UK if I'm correct), BadBuddy, A Tale Of Thousand Stars, Addicted Heroin (Chinese drama that got cancelled, gonna have a remake in Taiwan soon!), Semantic Error (Korean, really got famous and the main character is probably autistic though the writer says it's only OCD), if you like psycho, The Effect, but be mentally prepared for that with abuse trigger, Until We Meet Again (one of the most beautiful dramas, but has suicide trigger, with this one, be really careful), A Round Trip To Love (the worst psycho ever and it's seriously sick in the end, but it's one of my favourites), Dangerous Dr u gs of S*x (absolutely gross, completely sickening and a level of psycho out of understanding, but amazing story even if it's really gore), and Manner Of Death (murder, dr u gs, human traffic, it's one of the best).

I always watch the gore stuff and this above shows proof of that lol (sorry for the rant).

No no, please feel free to talk about anything related to mdzs with me!

Haha, it's okay, to be fair i only watched a few episodes and didn't see the VegasPete bits yet so i might give it another chance. I am still getting used to watching non wuxia BL series also.

I will have to check the other titles you mentioned, thank you for the recommendations. I am not easily disturbed, but i will keep the triggers in mind lol!

Yes, it's considered a drama. I didn't know about it, is it good?
I enjoy it tremendously. Some good slice of life stories played against a cast of regulars at the diner. It is the kind of drama, told lovingly, that we cannot get in the USA.

New Threads

Top Bottom