• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

are you doing any thing very fun today

Nick12

latter on today me and the best best best mom ever might go to a bookstore and i might buy starbucks coffee

how about you

Last edited:
I actually am, I'm searching the internet to find teak oil and cleanser and sandpaper and some things I have to order, I need it to fix some outdoor furniture. I very much enjoy gathering things like that, finding everything I need and preparing.

I actually am, I'm searching the internet to find teak oil and cleanser and sandpaper and some things I have to order, I need it to fix some outdoor furniture. I very much enjoy gathering things like that, finding everything I need and preparing.

I love this. I also find doing hard work and research to be some of the most 'fun' I've ever had.
Today's agenda is working out and writing code for hours on end which sounds pretty fun to me :)

Last edited:
Having lunch after siting a decent hose reel on a 4 x 4 i set in the ground - I like digging. When I finish lunch will harvest my garlic and hang them to dry.

Years ago, I bought a teak shower seat/stool online for our big walk-in shower. For years afterwards, I got spam trying to sell me yachts, 400 gallon buckets of teak oil to maintain my yacht, all kinds of things related to rich people who own yachts, etc. We certainly don't own a yacht! I stopped putting oil on the shower seat because it looks okay to me in its natural gray color that developes as it ages. I use linseed oil on my outdoor porch wicker furniture that I've had for about 30 years to prevent it from rotting. I like doing stuff like that, too.

I canned 2 quarts of my homegrown tomatoes using the hot water bath process this morning. You have to add 2 tablespoons of bottled lemon juice and a teaspoon of kosher salt to each jar and process them in boiling water for a minimum of 45 minutes to prevent botulism. Hubby just ordered me a Presto electric pressure cooker that can process 4 or 5 quarts at one time which will really speed up my canning hobby in the future.

Tomorrow I'll try my hand at canning fresh peaches from our yard. I'm going to add cinnamon and maybe some other spices like allspice to make spiced peaches for this winter.

I canned 2 quarts of my homegrown tomatoes using the hot water bath process this morning. You have to add 2 tablespoons of bottled lemon juice and a teaspoon of kosher salt to each jar and process them in boiling water for a minimum of 45 minutes to prevent botulism. Hubby just ordered me a Presto electric pressure cooker that can process 4 or 5 quarts at one time which will really speed up my canning hobby in the future.

Tomorrow I'll try my hand at canning fresh peaches from our yard. I'm going to add cinnamon and maybe some other spices like allspice to make spiced peaches for this winter.
Your garden is far advanced than mine. I have Amish Paste tomatoes that I like to roast before running them through a pulper to remove skins and seeds. I freeze in 32 oz. portions ready for sauces. This year I will be fermenting my birdseye peppers to make hot sauce that I will bottle using my pressure canner. Some of the garlic I will use for a garlic jelly that is great for glazes.

Your garden is far advanced than mine. I have Amish Paste tomatoes that I like to roast before running them through a pulper to remove skins and seeds. I freeze in 32 oz. portions ready for sauces. This year I will be fermenting my birdseye peppers to make hot sauce that I will bottle using my pressure canner. Some of the garlic I will use for a garlic jelly that is great for glazes.
My location in Mississippi near the Gulf Coast is a good place to raise vegetables and fruit. Usually. A hurricane or violent weather can wipe out a garden very quickly. And the weather can be fickle. We definitely experiencing climate change which affects what will successfully grow here. Our green beans totally failed this year due to intense heat.

How do you ferment hot peppers? I have Thai chilis, cayenne, jalapenos and red ghost peppers that are ready to pick. I usually pickle them in vinegar or dehydrate them to make pepper flakes or powder. Fermenting sounds intriguing. Garlic jelly sounds delicious.

I cut the stems off the peppers half them lengthwise, and pack them in a quart Mason jar (leave room for about an inch of headspace). Make a brine by dissolving 3 Tablespoons of kosher salt in 1 quart of water - if your tap water is chlorinated, use purified water. Cover the peppers with the brine.

It is important that all the peppers must remain in the brine. I use a fermentation weight, but a thin baggie filled partially with water and put on top of the peppers works. Make sure there is room for gases to escape. Either put on a fermentation lid or a loose lid. I let the fermentation go for two weeks. Keep it out of the sun.

After two weeks I strain the chiles and reserve the liquid. Put the chiles into a blender, add a small amount of the brine and puree. Add more brine to get a good pourable consistency. You may add a teaspoon of vinegar. The sauce will keep for about two months in the refrigerator. I pressure bottle my sauce.

NOTES
- it is best if you use ripe peppers.
- I like putting 2 cloves of my German Red Garlic per Quart of Peppers.
- Consider the heat that you are trying for. I adjust the amount of seeded to unseeded peppers after tasting what I am using.
- If any peppers are out of the brine you will get yeast and mold, ruining the batch.

The sauce should be tangy with a good flavor of the ripe chiles. Do you like either Tobasco or Sriracha? Those are fermented. Sriracha uses very ripe Jalapenos.

Last edited:
I cut the stems off the peppers half them lengthwise, and pack them in a quart Mason jar (leave room for about an inch of headspace). Make a brine by dissolving 3 Tablespoons of kosher salt in 1 quart of water - if your tap water is chlorinated, use purified water. Cover the peppers with the brine.

It is important that all the peppers must remain in the brine. I use a fermentation weight, but a thin baggie filled partially with water and put on top of the peppers works. Make sure there is room for gases to escape. Either put on a fermentation lid or a loose lid. I let the fermentation go for two weeks. Keep it out of the sun.

After two weeks I strain the chiles and reserve the liquid. Put the chiles into a blender, add a small amount of the brine and puree. Add more brine to get a good pourable consistency. You may add a teaspoon of vinegar. The sauce will keep for about two months in the refrigerator. I pressure bottle my sauce.

NOTES
- it is best if you use ripe peppers.
- I like putting 2 cloves of my German Red Garlic per Quart of Peppers.
- Consider the heat that you are trying for. I adjust the amount of seeded to unseeded peppers after tasting what I am using.
- If any peppers are out of the brine you will get yeast and mold, ruining the batch.

The sauce should be tangy with a good flavor of the ripe chiles. Do you like either Tobasco or Sriracha? Those are fermented. Sriracha uses very ripe Jalapenos.

I love this idea. Yes, I do love tabasco and Siracha. I have made sauerkraut that way, using small ramekins as a weight, distilled water, and cover the top of the jars with several layers of cheesecloth with a rubber band to hold it in place. Thanks, Gerald. I'm going to do this today. I'm excited to try it!

BTW, there is a Siracha shortage in the US and it is hard to find Heinz ketchup which is my favorite brand. I bought 2 large bottles of Siracha and ketchup the last time I bought groceries. France has a Dijon mustard shortage due to the mustard seed crop failure in Canada and perhaps other reasons. We either need to stock up and hoard supplies or learn to make our favorite condiments ourselves.

New Threads

Top Bottom