• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are you a cuddly person?

lovely_darlingprettybaby

V.I.P Member
And do you enjoy cuddles and affection and receive this in the ways you need in life?
I like cuddles from others but no I do not receive it in the ways I need.

Someone makes me feel wrong for feeling like this but if you need it, you need it and it is not wrong.

I don’t like it and don’t need it, my wife does so I do hug and snuggle her. She does have to remind me to do this sometimes though.

With the right person, yes. Having said that, I still need moments alone. I'm aware that some people might not understand why I can be so distant at times. I try to let them know that it's not personal, just the way that I am.

Last edited:
Nope. Very touch averse. Got the t shirt
Screenshot_20231222_110937_Google.jpg

Last edited:
Yes. It's the primary way for me to show love, respect, and friendship, as I have difficulties articulating it verbally and emotionally in meaningful ways.

Oh god no. A shower is intense enough. Give me a run up and I can enjoy hugs from my wife and kids. But I can smell a "awwwww, give me a hug" fake hug from a mile off, and that's definitely not happening.

Before being accepted by my spouse, I recoiled at demonstrative touch. Since I fell in love with her I like to cuddle. I feel and express affection that way.

It depends. I'm a like a cat. If somebody is too much into it, I feel uncomfortable. I think that I have to initiate it or have to be in the "right" conditions. I've gotten into a lot of trouble because of it.

No, it's not wrong at all. We're all different. If you want it, then you should have it. Or at least negotiate with the other person if the other is cat-like. :)

Oh god no. A shower is intense enough. Give me a run up and I can enjoy hugs from my wife and kids. But I can smell a "awwwww, give me a hug" fake hug from a mile off, and that's definitely not happening.

Haha this rings so true to me! I get instant rigor mortis when they come in for a fake hug.

Honestly, not really. Not touch averse but I don't crave it either. I came from a family that was very much into hugging and being forced to hug and kiss relatives I barely knew as a small child was off-putting.

I love to hug but only if the person is comfortable with it. Otherwise holding hands is just as great. Kissing is more something l don't really need. I hate kissing, because it feels too personal in my thought process. It's an intrusion. However l always meet men that are hung up on kissing me.

Rarely need hugs, i don't mind them if they are with a partner, anyone else makes it weird. Not a snuggle person at all and in the past whenever I was with a partner that needed that level of closeness, it usually ended up being a bit of a challenge.

You know, I remember way before I got diagnosed my mom used to say that me enjoying hugs was an indicator that I wasn’t autistic. I kinda thought that was weird because yes I love hugs but only under certain circumstances. But then again that was years ago and obviously I’m diagnosed now and my mom has better educated herself on autism since then

I love to cuddle! I love cuddling with women I’m attracted to - whether they’re partners or friends. I love the closeness and the warmth. I love to squeeze and be squeezed - I like feeling snug. Even a warm hug from somebody I like feels nice. I don’t like being kissed, though.

I’m also choosy about who I want to cuddle with. Right now there’s nobody I can cuddle with. Not even anyone to give me hugs regularly. I feel very touch starved.

I love cuddles with my cat Smokey he's the best and the sweetest AND he can even catch mice and birds. I edited the background so you don't see my messy room unfortunately but this was my favorite pose he made so I had to take a picture. My other cat Simon comes and gives me head butts every time he comes in the house! Here's smokey though: oh and cuddles with people ummm really that depends but usually the answer is no thank you.

1000001764-02.jpeg

This is really difficult to answer as there are so many contradictions in what I experience - I have tried several times, but I really don't know how to answer :) - but it is a good question...

Yes I am. I am affectionate, no matter what mood I'm in. Even if I'm having a full on meltdown I still prefer to be cuddled than left alone. If I am alone and having a meltdown, I suddenly feel all vulnerable and even more sad.

New Threads

Top Bottom