• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

~~~ Are These Good First Messages To Ladies On P.O.F Dating (Opinions Please) ?? ~~~

Yes I have gotten my share of women flashing me, men too (but bisexuality does that to you) lol
AS, NT, I guess people like showing me themselves naked/topless/whatever.

Yes I have gotten my share of women flashing me, men too (but bisexuality does that to you) lol
AS, NT, I guess people like showing me themselves naked/topless/whatever.
Given that finding 'someone' has become a need perhaps more than just an option or curiosity, I can't claim not to be a little envious, about the women anyway (like I could years ago) so I'm afriad to dismiss this envy I must basically say "meh, it's canada not the UK, maybe it just works more easily or just more easily for you out there" lol. Yup that makes me feel a bit better and hopefully without incorrectly seeming like it's belittling your experiences/achievments.

They weren't in Canada, a few were indeed in the UK, some in the US, the ones I know in person whom I have seen naked are here in Canada of course.
The male side I've got a more varied round the world sort of experience...in seeing them naked lol

A girl literally just asked me out and I had messaged her complementing her on liking Hellsing Ultimate
(this is what I said; Hellising Ultimate is awesome! I complement you on liking such a great show about vampires lol)
Bringing my messages back down to earth now in all seriousness (as I've kinda gone off on a tangent and a little crazy and I apologize for that, can't delete my other thread annoyingly).

I have a few final questions then which perhaps you'd be the best person (as a guy who's sort of winning on the online dating front) to ask and I'm all ears this time (so no challenging it etc);
(anyone else wants to answer thats cool too)

1) Your sample message was very short, do you always do this to get the responses or have some been longer depending on the profile you're responding to?
2) Do you send out 50-100 messages to those you're genuinely interested in (given that you're probably still getting substantially less responses than messages you're sending out) or did you send less?
3) Did many women send messages to you first (sorry but attracting guys is a totally different thing and I'm not bi) ?
4) What was your profile like?
5) For most of those whom you met, were you chatting online for a while and building up her/your interest before meeting as I'm always worrying about being too pushy to get it to that important stage?

I've got more but I'll leave it at that as these are most of the important ones and I wanna spend some time instead putting what I've been advised into practise.

1) Generally I keep it pretty short, 2/3 of the dates I have gotten were me simply saying I loved a movie/show they did and it snowballed from there.
2) I send 1 message, if they don't respond I move on.
3) A few, usually depending on what my profile picture was (when I had it as Lamb Chop I got a bunch) one of the girls I got a date with sent me a message because she thought my profile was a beautiful sort of crazy (but I guess I was just too crazy IRL lol)
4) Weird and out there, like myself. There is no masking that, I am no one other then me.
5) We chat for a bit, exchange cell numbers and text and/or facebook, it doesn't take too long. The girl I have a date with tomorrow is the quickest I've gone from first message to meet in person, it was her suggestion and of course I said yes. Doesn't bother me, it seems like we both have a lot to say about a lot of things and it's easier in person.

Ask as many as you want.

Ohh, I donno, depends how long I am on, what I am doing that day, not a whole lot really.
I don't feel mass spamming of every person is a wise technique, since my messages are 9/10 individualized to something in their profile.

Take it as you wil (just a speculation)l but....you don't half speak like an NT. Some people show their colours on the spectrum on here (I never used to in the past) and you haven't during your time posting on here from what I can tell.

Take it as you wil (just a speculation)l but....you don't half speak like an NT. Some people show their colours on the spectrum on here (I never used to in the past) and you haven't during your time posting on here from what I can tell.

How does one "speak like an NT?" exactly?
To be fair I do write a lot so have practiced my skills and developed my own style, which can differ from how I speak or be the same.
Writing can be a poor way to gauge someone, especially if they love to write and do it daily.

You know what's ironic, I told someone on here last night how beautiful I thought she looked (coupled with a few other compliments) and she was very happy and responsive about it. But it doesn't stop me listening to the suggestions of not bringing personal appearance into it.

Women are very diverse and different from one another.

You've shown in this thread that you are very capable of carrying a conversation. Use that to your advantage.

Women are very diverse and different from one another.

You've shown in this thread that you are very capable of carrying a conversation. Use that to your advantage.

I appreciate the vote of confidence (I've always excelled at chatting on IM and forums), but it's not so much that I have difficulty in talking to women IRL anyway. In most cases it's this;

I'm never really their proper friend, just someone they can chat quite happily to until they get home to or are met by their proper friends (or just a better friend at work perhaps) of which they'll go out of their way to chat with, text, phone and meet (I virtually never receive the passion they offer to others like that, occasionally through some persistence I do, which fails eventually though).
All I get is that friendly smile of respect from all women (which means nothing in the way of a further interest in me) because I'm friendly, respectable, polite and helpful (typically because I'm seen as one, some or all of the above in brief or social occasions).

So this is the first of many messages I intend to post to gather some opinions on my ongoing hopelessness for romance with the ladies on dating sites (I'll try to answer other peoples questions I guess to return the favour). The messages you see below were opening messages I sent on 'plenty of fish' a fair amount of which caused the intended person to checkout my profile it showed, but in the grand scheme of roughly 60 individual messages I only got 3 responses, all positive yet quickly or eventually leading nowhere (to be included perhaps on another post).
Here are a few samples (bear in mind that some are in reference to their profiles, which I always show I've read);

Your profile pic kinda looks like you're wondering off into your own world lol, but in admiring your eyes and your beauty that's a world that I'd like to find my way into. So if we were both on a bus and you sat down next to me with us both looking initially in opposite directions and we turn briefly towards each-other and I flash my profile pic smile....what (if anything) happens next ???????

Hmmm, curvy, sophisticated, beautiful, decent effort put into her profile, not too sporty....yup I'm interested. To me you have a more exclusive beauty that grows with each passing look and hopefully a silvery voice then to top it off.
Pic #3 is the embodiment of all of the above!!

Whoa!! nice profile pic, it's nice to know that girls like you can still stand out even when there's such as massive choice on here. I'm sure in the event you are interested in me, we can learn more about each other, otherwise it was nice looking at you and all the best xx

Can't believe people thought it was a tan, nice tagline and I'd say you wrote a fairly long profile thats actually worth reading and too long to quote every great bit to prove I actually read it. I'll challenge your adoration for dogs with the lovely squeeks and peeps of a rat any day though so ;-P
5 randomn facts...ummm; I love the smell of magazine print. I happen to think that Indian women have the world greatest smiles. I'm wearing 'wheres wally' socks right now.I love marmite. Oh god,,,a fifth one...umm....well if you're actually interested in me at all I'll get back to you on that.
GOT A RESPONSE

Jeez...talk about a gorgeous princess with a fantastic smile (can;'t remember how to do an eye boggling smiley) but yer wow. I just hope you'll wanna talk to me. Take care xx

I am going to skip resding through the whole list of comments. Takes to long, and doesn't feel comfortable. (personal). But I think I can add intresting 5 cents. Most of what I say, is not actually from me. I paid a lot for it. And even more to compare. And I don't think all the members where fake, not there respond unresl. It also eorks in private life. And I found the theory plausable from the start. But this dating site topic is from personal experience, and my personal experience is a sample of one. :p> Tends to be insignificant by default.

I read this message and the next. And I realized that was part of my answer. So I adres this last.

But here are the tidbit suggestions I could remembrr. (like cooking, times are only needed in the beginning. Eventuallynit becomes automatic and flexable.

Ifound as basis, just the idea of, he hallo. To work. better than anything like a one liner. Unless the one liner is used on purpose. Or you sure it is complete autentic, original, and really appropiate.

When writing your message, you should feel like this.nYes I like, but if you don't, don't worry there more fishes in the sea. It isn't about that there more fishes in the ses, it just means you are feeling worried about how she response. Do effort, but don't feel like she is perfect. Feeling matters. You can act, it will fail. It seems eoman have a spevial organ to sense that.

Otherwise, personally I liketo give a compliment. That seems to be what I natural do with people, male, female, anyways. However. Complimenter on something that is A...true. Very important. But wlso something others would directly recognise. If a woman is not super attractive, but attrictive to you..;.tell her what others don't say. But if a woman is very attractive, tell that thing that others tend to mis, while they are staring at the obvious.

About that be the way. Beautifulbwoman are not or another bad n.ame. You just might not realized that your genuine effort was she heard 900 times in the last 30. That is a bit said to powerful, but I might even be wrong there. :p

Also when a beautiful woman. doesn't respond, it migh be she hadn't even read your message. Or decided to stop reading all together. Yeah it is a funny thing with men. They all go for the same one. To understand what happens then, read up on your basic economics. I think supply and demwnd will cover it. :p. Not suggesting you lower your stand, but make it more specific. Don't spend effort on the one EVERYbody likes, spend effort on the one YOU like.

Oh yeah. Write proper sentences. I never managed to get hold of a girls mailbox, but....yes there apperantly is only blood enough for one organ. I can't believe it. But from reaction, I got the impression they got tons and tons of trash. On the other hand, you yourself doesn't hwbe to be a grammernazi. But my first feelings tell me, rather tell a girl that writes perfect, that you are impressed, than the other way around. (grammarnazi's should date girls that know grammar!)

Trying to summerize it, I realized an intrestimg veriation that is basically already said. Say something she doesn't expect, and is definitely not said by everybody else. Though I suspect that is true in job soliciticing as well, the risk is the same. Say the wrong thing, and your chances drop to zero. But then again, the average tends to be also chances zero. When you fail, fail big. :p

And I am not sure about this one. Your personal message is the most important. But your profiles houldn't be bad either. Though I suspect that leaving a bit mystery might help not blow your effort by a dissapointing profile.

By the way, my favorite dating guru I can compare to stephen hawkings compared to an average highschool teacher. (not true in my case. Mine was a university professor with a passion for kids. Always funny when you run into him at universite. Yes that was his day job. :p. I mean it is not that it is rubbish, but it tends to be cheap tricks. This was a psychology (whatevera), who could figure out what was going wrong, spend a life time researching it. And though his drewm is that the right guy doesn't svrew it up with misses right.nI can't blame him, for also makinh a bit extra money teaching guys with less noble motives. :p

Yeah, it is/was a life time passion for me to. Learned me a lot. But I think the true explanation came when I got the Aspie diagnosis. :p. I always eondered, but I do or 'am', (am more important than do), why does it not wotk. I found out it always worked, but I was never picking up the NT signals that it worked. :p

By the way, in relation to the first suggestion, yes confident seems the core. Not acted. But real. Acted is like bad makeup instead of real beauty in a woman. How to explain confidence the quickest. FEEL you deserve a positive responds. Funny enough something that tends to happen when you got enough positive responses in the past. (funny how nature works :p). But if that past does not exist yet, you ....well you have to create that somehow. I just found out I was Aspie. But I suspect heing confident of something else, might help you also become confident in this.

About the messages I read. Well reading changed where higher,because they where well written. But I suspected you told beautiful woman that thry where beautiful.True to you. But you might not even habe made a bib on the raderscreen between all the static. First idea, when you say other good thingsl just leabe out the whole beautiful part al together. You can always say it later. And if they where not beautiful, well I said ALWAYS say the true. Not super model can be very beautiful. But say it than in personal terms why her way of beautiful is beautiful to you.

Oh yeah, but that came later. Now I tend to also express feelings that I have about somebodies personality, but, I would stay away from that one. That might be something personal and very rare. You don't want to be wrong. Though being wrong and doubting yourself, is maybe not that bad either. Sometimee it wins you a chance to get to know them better.

Oh yeah. Not asked. After talking, you are judging her. She is you. :p. Not as a piece of meat. Unless that is her thing. :p. But don't be rude, better to talk positive trues. Than mention negative trues of why not. But you are doing everybody a value. No readon to contimue if it probably would work anyways. Amd as I side not, THAT is a form of expressing confidence. Don't go into arrogance. Unless she is a 10 on the hotness scale. And you somehow came bavk that arrogance up. :p. And it is always nicer to be liked for something you are, than for......just automatic because the guy is desperate. :p. It is oke to make her earn it.

I found being very (to) positive to early to either go left ear in, right ear out. Or make her run, because various reasons. Pretty sure that a lot of guys are just liers and after the wrong thing. I still do it, because that is honestly what I feel. And the to early, is because I tend to make good early judgements. Time shows me that. But in general, positiveness should be earned. Not given. For the reverse, I suspect if there is enough positiveness, a bit of, not yet perfect can not do that much harm. Gives her a chance to earn more. But this is very personal, and I have no idea how it works for others. I am not playing by the way. I just choose the timing in my honesty. But it helps now that I am a lot better at handling my ASD side. The problem is still the honesty requirement. :p. But always remember, your not looking for perfect, you are looking for perfect for YOU ;).

You may not be my type but as you're hardly ugly I'd find it hard to believe you didn't get loads of offers (some of which would've been from genuine guys), so whats your excuse?

Yes, I did meet some interesting guys and went on some cool dates but overall, the experience wasn't what I expected. Maybe others have more luck there. My experience was 'so so'.

You may not be my type but as you're hardly ugly I'd find it hard to believe you didn't get loads of offers (some of which would've been from genuine guys), so whats your excuse?

Yes, I did meet some interesting guys and went on some cool dates but overall, the experience wasn't what I expected. Maybe others have more luck there. My experience was 'so so'.

I am quite particular and , I tend to draw conclusion form posts such as your which you may or may not have intended. The ones focusing on my appearance would be an instant no reply - that comes across as all you care about is my body and, no matter what it is now, that is subject to change. I could gain or loose weight, I will age, etc...

The last one, you seemed to take an interest in who she was beyond her appearance and, that is good. I would have responded to that one.

To keep the conversations going, if they mention something you are not interested in, or do not know about, don't simply reply "That isn't interesting to me." Saying something like that is too often interpreted as "You aren't interesting to me." even though that is not what you meant. Try "I've never been into that but, maybe you could teach me a little bit about it." Now you are showing interest in her, even if you are not interested in the subject she is interested in. You are saying that you will listen when she enthuses about it, and you will try to learn about it, that you can share it with her, when she wants to do that.

I know, difficult skills for most of us to learn, and it wasn't easy for me to learn them but, over the years I have learned to see things from the perspective of others a bit better than I did when I was younger.

New Threads

Top Bottom