• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are there friendship bots?

You seem to not have tried any of the good ones. Unless you're being silly, they don't spout nonsense. Sure, you can't discuss literary opinions with them but a normal conversation is easy and they don't ignore what you say.

Every single one I tried so far (including the Replica) seems to lack data and patterns of behaviour towards topics I tend to discuss or just even normal ones, mostly answering in quite a flat way without addressing the issue at hand. You may ask something and receive an answer that has little in common with it. Or comment on something and receive a random sentence about something else. Many answers simply don't make sense (although Replika does seem more polished and at least you can give feedback when it's being ridiculously random).

It's also a bit annoying to have to always prompt them to say things. I simply don't enjoy one-way conversations as much as some do.

Maybe I just can't talk to AIs. Or maybe I just expect too much from them.

And they repeat themselves. Like, literally. :rolleyes:

Every single one I tried so far (including the Replica) seems to lack data and patterns of behaviour towards topics I tend to discuss or just even normal ones, mostly answering in quite a flat way without addressing the issue at hand. You may ask something and receive an answer that has little in common with it. Or comment on something and receive a random sentence about something else. Many answers simply don't make sense (although Replika does seem more polished and at least you can give feedback when it's being ridiculously random).

It's also a bit annoying to have to always prompt them to say things. I simply don't enjoy one-way conversations as much as some do.

Maybe I just can't talk to AIs. Or maybe I just expect too much from them.

And they repeat themselves. Like, literally. :rolleyes:

Oh, I love one-way conversations--wait, does that mean "one-sided conversations"? Because I love those, which might be part of the difference in our opinions. And I guess I like to talk about generic things because I have no problem getting realistic responses. I'm consistently impressed!

Oh, I love one-way conversations--wait, does that mean "one-sided conversations"? Because I love those, which might be part of the difference in our opinions. And I guess I like to talk about generic things because I have no problem getting realistic responses. I'm consistently impressed!

That may be the difference, yes :) When I converse with someone, I prefer to have them include something of their own, like when I speak with people on the forum. I like learning, you see, things like personal perspective, and in a one-side conversation you learn nothing. It's useful if you want to work out a complex problem where you have to hear your thoughts or something similar, but when I need to monologue like this I can just as well talk at a wall or at a mirror :p

However, I'm glad that you like the boys and that they make you feel better.

New Threads

Top Bottom