• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are Legos hard?

Creativity combined with a solid grasp of spatial relationships.

For some it's a skill developed over time and repetition, while a few others may not fundamentally grasp spatial relationships altogether. I suppose the best way to approach something like Legos or other such forms of amusement is to take a long look at the instructions and whether you can understand how one piece can fit into another. And another....and so on.

I began plastic modelling around seven years of age. I like to think it helped me in understanding complex and varied "exploded diagrams" to build intricate things with many parts.

Of course as a kid I had other forms of amusement common for the times, like Tinker Toys, Erector Set, Lincoln Logs and Curtain Walls. Loved them all. :)

Last edited:
Never was interested in building the sets. I got the Legos in order to build models of things that interested me. I especially liked to build 1st generation German 'Dreadnaughts', U-boats, the Titanic, CSA ironclads, Star Trek ships, airplanes (WWI biplanes), Athenian galleys, 18th century frigates. I never cared much for fixed structures.

It's probably been a decade since I last bought a Lego set (Revenge of the Sith related) but I remember the instructions were always clear so I wouldn't say they're difficult but time consuming, and can be expensive. So very, very expensive.

I love legos, but they are expensive and I don't have much creativity. I just keep building the same house or spaceship every time. If I have directions, that's different, but it takes me a lot of time and patience to finish a set. I prefer to work on my own, even if I don't know what to do. Now 2D jigsaw puzzles, I love. I can finish 1000pc. puzzle in a couple of days. Love those, the organization, the attention to detail, the repetitive movement, all very calming especially when the picture is a nature scene.

There is no such word as 'Legos'. That is like saying 'fishes' or 'sheeps' which is grammatically incorrect.

It's Lego.

Last edited:
There is no such word as 'Legos'. That is like saying 'fishes' or 'sheeps' which is grammatically incorrect.

It's Lego.

Don't sweat it. I gave up long ago telling people not to say "VIN Number". :p

It's Lego.
I have been wanting to say this for some time but I been holding off. I'm very thankful someone made the attempt to say this comment. Thank you for saying this.

Though I know for some reason, most people got use to saying Legos. Note sure where that came from? Lego is a brand. I think many people are use to saying the word Logos as another way saying Lego bricks.

I'm not trying to start anything. But I feel like pointing out someone's spelling mistakes, is kind of rude. Unless they actually ask for your help. Just my opinion. Others might feel differently.

I'm not trying to start anything. But I feel like pointing out someone's spelling mistakes, is kind of rude. Unless they actually ask for your help. Just my opinion. Others might feel differently.
Didn't meant to make you feel that way and I don't think my friend meant to either.

I do apologize for my previous comment.

Sorry you feel that way. But to be fair I don't think they were pointing out a spelling mistake as there wasn't one. Rather they were bringing to light a very common misconception (if that's the right word?) that it seems the majority of Americans use. If you use the word Legos then you use the word Legos, nothing wrong with that, you're not hurting anybody.

New Threads

Top Bottom