• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Applied, again, to CEX in Town!

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

But I don't think they'll even give me an interview, the job is "part time" but IMO they'll want someone who can work more than 20 hours a week, I can only work up to 15.

Meh, I went for it, I have to prove to the Internet that I am not some workshy slave to the Benefit system.

I don't think you need to prove anything to anyone? Why would you think so? The Internet is flimsy and overall unimportant IRL. The only person you need to prove yourself to seems to be you.

Good luck with your application. Although, it may be rather difficult to get since, as you wrote yourself, you don't fully meet the requirements.

Oh believe me, you have well and truly proved that you are not a slave to the benefits system and I should know, because my brother is!

Soon, you will be opening up a thread to say: I got a job and we will "crack open the champaign bottle"!

In defence of those who are a slave to the benefits system. The government hardly help the situation! They do not encourage earning money. My brother gets close to 1000 a month and has all his bills paid. He only has to pay for internet and phone and yet, he is in DEBT. I am suspecting he is on the spectrum actually and my future brother in law said: photography is his ( brother) flavour of the month and boy, does my brother go on about his "flavour of the month"! He has no boundries and does not see anyone being bored and that to me, spells autism.

He is heavily medicated too and I feel this helps him be a slave to the system. I mean to say: I don't want to work, because my benefits will be removed, says an awful lot about the mentality and you, dear Rick, have the opposite mentality, so go you!

Meh, I went for it, I have to prove to the Internet that I am not some workshy slave to the Benefit system.
Why? Why do you feel the need to prove anything to anyone, particularly a bunch of anonymous avatars who do not know you or have any real understanding of your life?

@Mr Allen, you don't have to prove anything to anyone. It's sad that society can be so cruel to people whom are disabled. I am so sick of the discrimination that I can simply lash out at the ignorant, idiotic politicians serving their corporate puppet masters.

...Meh, I went for it, I have to prove to the Internet that I am not some workshy slave to the Benefit system.

No, you don't. Do this for your benefit and your benefit alone. Those opinionated, insignificant, tiny little specks of the universe at whatever website/forum/clusterfudgesicle of a place are irrelevant, just remember that. Your actions and your tireless persistence have said more than enough.

Yes, you bet I'll be the first to pop that champagne bottle when your perseverance finally pays off. Once again (and I bet you're probably sick of hearing it), best of luck!

Last edited:

Getting a part time job while still on benefits won't likely change the minds of such people. Your problem isn't unemployment. It's continuing to socialize with people who define you only in terms of having a job.

The best thing you can do for yourself is to remove such people from your social orbit. That's all.

Live your life on your own expectations and abilities. Not those of others.

Last edited:
If you get an interview, try to read up on the current games plus new releases - it's good to show you're passionate about them. Good luck!

Getting a part time job while still on benefits won't likely change the minds of such people. Your problem isn't unemployment. It's continuing to socialize with people who define you only in terms of having a job.

The best thing you can do for yourself is to remove such people from your social orbit. That's all.

Live your life on your own expectations and abilities. Not those of others.

That's kind of why I got banned for life (on purpose) the second time on Sheffield Forum, some trolling Sony Pony was bashing Xbox knowing I'd respond, which I did and got banned for it, even though I reported the troll prior to the enforced exile.

New Threads

Top Bottom