• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Applications for Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droopy

Founder & Former Admin
V.I.P Member
Hey everyone,

Aspies Central is currently taking applications for moderators. Some of you may think that we don't need moderators as the forum is still very new, but there is a good reason to recruit moderators at this time. The first reason is that during the summer I am hoping to be outside more and thus may have less time to dedicate to Aspies Central. I am due to attend a few upcoming events and go on holidays, so I will need someone to look after the forums when I'm not around.

The second reason is I'm hoping that those chosen to become a moderator will be encouraged to dedicate more of their time to the forums and increase their posting activity. Aspies Central is already a great place but could do with an activity boost. I think that those given a responsibility within the forums will be inclined to contribute and post more often. In addition, I would also like to see the help & support section become more active and have moderators helping other members.

There are currently two positions available for moderators. The final staff layout will look like this:

Administrators: Myself & superboyian
Super Moderators: Chris
Moderators: ______ and ______

How do I qualify to enter for a moderator position?

You must meet the following criteria to become a moderator:

Calm We are looking for someone who is clam and won't over react. (Yeah, I know I can snap sometimes. :-O )
Good attitude and friendly - You need to have a good attitude towards other members and be generally nice. (You don't have to be a goody two-shoes though)
Be able to see all sides of the argument/debate... or at least try to.
Won't be hasty or hesitant - Won't heavily moderate when not necessary but at the same time won't be afraid to take action when needed.
Must be active on the forums - no point becoming a moderator if you rarely visit or post.
Must have good English - none of this txt talk!!1111 +1 tpyo crp.
No previous moderating experience is necessary but you should be familiar with how forums work.

What will I be required to do?

Generally speaking, moderators will have the responsibility of ensuring the forums run smoothly. This means dealing with spammers and problematic members, moderating posts, closing threads, upholding the forum rules, helping out others and so-on.

How do I apply?

Send a PM to myself with the following information:

Name:
Time you can dedicate to moderating:
Previous moderating experience (if any):
Why you would like to become a moderator:
Why you would be better suited than others:
Anything else you want to add?:

Code:
[noparse][B]Name:[/B]
[B]Age:[/B]
[B]Location / timezone:[/B]
[B]Time you can dedicate to moderating:[/B]
[B]Previous moderating experience (if any):[/B]
[B]Why you would like to become a moderator:[/B]
[B]Why you would be better suited than others:[/B]
[B]Anything else you want to add?:[/B][/noparse]

Be sure to also post in this thread that you have applied so we can keep track.

Please note: We will be accepting moderator applications up until 7th July. A decision will be made on or shortly after that day.

Applications for moderator have now closed.

Everyone, remember to post in this thread after you PM your application. Doing this keeps the topic alive and encourages others to apply.

Important update: the time for applications to be submitted has been extended until Sunday. All of those who have already applied have been notified by PM that their application has been received.

If you do apply, please remember to post in this thread to keep it alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom