• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone Want To Talk About Our Interests?

Dylanperr

Hon Hon Hon
My interests are art, history, geography, video games, and music. I am also on Quora and I like Quora a lot because it gives you a writing platform to write about things you like. I really like pencil shaded art of landscapes and cityscapes as my favourite art. My favourite history is England after 1066 during the Middle Ages, Early Modern, Industrial Revolution, and Modern eras. I tend to like lakes and forests as my what you would call favourite geography type. I like Minecraft, Fallout, and Civilization as my favourite video games. My favourite music is Progressive rock and Synthpop I also like some country and folk (esp. sea shanties) as well.

My interest is really systems broadly however mostly machines are my speciality. I am a border line obsessive over what to the majority of people would consider to be trivial details. But truth be told in my field to study very small details turn a function piece of software into a dumpster fire in a hurry. Being entirely honest law, technology, human and animal biology, history. Frankly they tend to get my mind moving a million miles a second.

Turn the clock back at least a hundred twenty years, it is dusk. Supper was served while it was still daylight. Now everyone is gathered in the living room, working on various crafts as the kerosene lamps flicker over the hearth. Maybe knitting, or sanding something down? Children are working on a jigsaw puzzle by candlelight, or maybe knitting new dresses for their dollies. It's not very late by our standards, but they will all go to bed, and wake with the sun, entering a new day of productive work, focused on close relationships with others and with the land.

Gaming is my main thing. And yes, I’m a huge Minecraft fan… I’ve been with it since the time when zombies dropped feathers because there were no chickens yet. Ye gods, that was a long while ago, wasnt it…. (EDIT: holy heck it’s been 12 years… I could have gone without knowing that, really)

As gaming goes overall though I tend to almost exclusively stick to indie games. The AAA games have mostly gotten all icky at this point so I dont bother with any of them. Mostly also I do PC gaming, as consoles go I only have a Switch, and a PS4 that I misplaced somewhere and I generally dont care enough to try to find it.

I make fractal art, so that’s a thing. I try for traditional art too but I ain’t so good at that.

Board games, definitely into those, but I’m strictly a solo player.

Twisty puzzles (think Rubik’s Cube, but designed by a maniac) are another one.

And I love animals, and have two dogs. Also love nature and exploration.

That’s about it, I think.

20161215_153314.jpg
20170723_140557.jpg
I have odd interests. I really enjoy natural history and human powered outdoor activities. i have enjoyed fossil collecting some famouse locations, like the Drumheller Badlands in Alberta or the Kem-Kem of Morocco. In the latter found a tooth from a pterodactyl, Siroccopteryx, as well as a barb from the gigantic sawfish, Onchopristus. But my favorites are Trilobites and I have posted pics of some in Media. I like collecting and identifying aquatic Macroinvertebrates for a measure of stream quality. But the thing that merges with my outdoor activities is building canoes and kayaks for my use. I have learned that in boatbuilding one never has enough clamps. The first pic is where I am building the hatch on my latest kayak. The second is finished and ready for its first launch.

View attachment 74994 View attachment 74995 I have odd interests. I really enjoy natural history and human powered outdoor activities. i have enjoyed fossil collecting some famouse locations, like the Drumheller Badlands in Alberta or the Kem-Kem of Morocco. In the latter found a tooth from a pterodactyl, Siroccopteryx, as well as a barb from the gigantic sawfish, Onchopristus. But my favorites are Trilobites and I have posted pics of some in Media. I like collecting and identifying aquatic Macroinvertebrates for a measure of stream quality. But the thing that merges with my outdoor activities is building canoes and kayaks for my use. I have learned that in boatbuilding one never has enough clamps. The first pic is where I am building the hatch on my latest kayak. The second is finished and ready for its first launch.
Wow!!! That's beautiful!

I have one lifelong special interest and others that come and go. My main special interest is machinery, I just can not get enough. I was lucky enough to be able to spend over fifty years working with machinery and I worked alone most of the time. It was like getting paid to play. I have other special interests that catch my attention at times. In my younger days, I was really into motorcycles and snowmobles. However, my wife will not allow these toys anymore. So now I have a highly modified Jeep.

I also have a great interest in natural healthcare and plant based medicine. Foraging for wild food, learning bushcraft.

Midwifery/ unassisted childbirth, elimination communication, extended breastfeeding, holistic women's health, seed cycling, homeopathy, hydrotherapy, accupressure/massage, and infant massage. I worked as a doula about ten years ago, and I'd like to do that again sometime.

It'd also be great to run my own herb supply business.

I use Quora mostly to answer questions about Harry Potter. I believe I wrote an elaborate explanation of why the Pensieve was out in the open in Order of the Phoenix and why it held the one memory Snape had about James Potter bullying him and how it wasn’t some accident that Harry saw it.

Gaming is my main thing. And yes, I’m a huge Minecraft fan… I’ve been with it since the time when zombies dropped feathers because there were no chickens yet. Ye gods, that was a long while ago, wasnt it…. (EDIT: holy heck it’s been 12 years… I could have gone without knowing that, really)

As gaming goes overall though I tend to almost exclusively stick to indie games. The AAA games have mostly gotten all icky at this point so I dont bother with any of them. Mostly also I do PC gaming, as consoles go I only have a Switch, and a PS4 that I misplaced somewhere and I generally dont care enough to try to find it.

I make fractal art, so that’s a thing. I try for traditional art too but I ain’t so good at that.

Board games, definitely into those, but I’m strictly a solo player.

Twisty puzzles (think Rubik’s Cube, but designed by a maniac) are another one.

And I love animals, and have two dogs. Also love nature and exploration.

That’s about it, I think.
I agree because in my view AAA games are pretty much nothing but wasted potential because of the unrealistic deadlines they put on developers. I prefer old games and indie games to.

I’m currently doing a cross stitch canvas music box kit that I bought off of eBay. I have two others but the one I am currently working on is easier because it’s precut. I’m doing it first to see how exactly I should cut things the way that they should. The first kit I bought I already messed up cutting that I had to buy a new plastic canvas to use.

Making videos has been an interest of mine for a while but I only recently was able to get the tools to do them reasonably well. I'm still learning a lot of tricks, teaching myself some techniques.

I do everything on my own, although I would like to work with someone to do some of the more complicated ideas I have in mind.

New Threads

Top Bottom