• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone read the Moreau Quartet

Markness

Young God
V.I.P Member
The Moreau Quartet is a quadrilogy of bio-punk novels by S. Andrew Swann. They take place in a far future where genetically modified animals called Moreaus (They will often call themselves “moreys”.) are trying to integrate into human society after being originally used solely for war but they are treated like second class citizens by humans though not nearly as bad as ‘Franks’ (genetically modified and cybernetic humans). Some Moreaus want to live in peace with humans while others have a vehemence for them and use the derogatory slur “pink” to label them. Each book has recurring characters with the tiger Moreau Nohar Rajasthan having been the main focus for the first and last books respectively of the series.

The first book, Forests of the Night, came out in 1993 and the next two, Emperors of the Twilight and Specters of the Dawn, both came out in the following year. Swann focused on other stories until returning to the series in 1999 with Fearful Symmetries. Two other sets of books by Swann, the Hostile Takeover trilogy and the Apotheosis trilogy, take place further in the future and feature both Moreaus and Franks but they aren’t as featured prominently as in the Moreau Quartet. All together, they form what I’ve read has been referred to as the Terran Confederacy books.

Swann also has created a text-based choose your own adventure game set in the Moreau Quartet called Welcome to Moreytown. He hasn’t written more for this setting for many years now but I hope he’ll at least do one more story with Nohar Rajasthan.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this and other reviews you've posted, I am making a list of your recommendations, they all sounds really interesting. I love books about other worlds, though I am sometimes put off if they are hard to get into, at first. It's good to have your overviews of these series.

Thanks for posting this and other reviews you've posted, I am making a list of your recommendations, they all sounds really interesting. I love books about other worlds, though I am sometimes put off if they are hard to get into, at first. It's good to have your overviews of these series.

You’re welcome and thanks. I want to support lesser known series in my own way. I also feel that 90’s science fiction tends to get overlooked. Does Half Price Books have stores in your country? That’s where I found my copies.

I think the Moreau Quartet would translate well to film. I even read a blurb from a reviewer on one of the omnibus versions expressing the same sentiment.

The Moreau Quartet is a quadrilogy of bio-punk novels by S. Andrew Swann. They take place in a far future where genetically modified animals called Moreaus (They will often call themselves “moreys”.) are trying to integrate into human society after being originally used solely for war but they are treated like second class citizens by humans though not nearly as bad as ‘Franks’ (genetically modified and cybernetic humans). Some Moreaus want to live in peace with humans while others have a vehemence for them and use the derogatory slur “pink” to label them. Each book has recurring characters with the tiger Moreau Nohar Rajasthan having been the main focus for the first and last books respectively of the series.

The first book, Forests of the Night, came out in 1993 and the next two, Emperors of the Twilight and Specters of the Dawn, both came out in the following year. Swann focused on other stories until returning to the series in 1999 with Fearful Symmetries. Two other sets of books by Swann, the Hostile Takeover trilogy and the Apotheosis trilogy, take place further in the future and feature both Moreaus and Franks but they aren’t as featured prominently as in the Moreau Quartet. All together, they form what I’ve read has been referred to as the Terran Confederacy books.

Swann also has created a text-based choose your own adventure game set in the Moreau Quartet called Welcome to Moreytown. He hasn’t written more for this setting for many years now but I hope he’ll at least do one more story with Nohar Rajasthan.

I tried to. Owned all 4 at one time, loved the subject matter, but when I tried to get into the first one I got rapidly bored, and gave them all away.

I tried to. Owned all 4 at one time, loved the subject matter, but when I tried to get into the first one I got rapidly bored, and gave them all away.

That’s disappointing to read but I understand that not everyone will like the same things and that’s ok. What made you bored with the first book?

That’s disappointing to read but I understand that not everyone will like the same things and that’s ok. What made you bored with the first book?

I don't even remember. Just remember that I could not get into it, and finally gave up. Decided the rest of the series wasn't worth making an effort with. My TBR stack (well, bookcases) is always overflowing as it is.

New Threads

Top Bottom