• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone on facebook?

smith2267

I spend most of my time there playing games and talking, and wondered if I could add any of you to my friend list

Why would you want to add people you don't know?

Being a gamer, I already have tons of people I don't know very well on my friends list. Given that everyone here is autistic, or at least interested in autism, you'd be more likely to get along with me than some of my gamer friends. Odds are, on average, I would slightly improve the quality of my friend list. Logical?
Also, most of you are not complete strangers to me. you have read my posts on here. You know I like to write poetry, animals, and probably a few other things about me.

Last edited:
As stated in my profile, I'll add people by request :) I don't mind adding you but if so I'd ask that you keep everything in this forum out of any conversations. I don't do FB games that much but I don't mind striking up a chat if I'm on...

I don't really play a lot of games on there, but you can add me if you like to chat and don't mind seeing all of my controversial posts. I post a lot of political stuff and hippy-type stuff, plus I'm a Juggalo, and I post a lot. If you don't find that annoying, I'd love to have an autistic friend on my list because I don't have many and it'd be nice to have someone who can understand where I coming from a bit better. I do like to play Words With Friends too. :) PM me if you want my username or to give me yours so we can add each other.

Facebook is, IMO, a horrid invention and I would love to see the back of it (and Twitter too). It's not going to happen though.

Facebook is, IMO, a horrid invention and I would love to see the back of it (and Twitter too). It's not going to happen though.

Aside from how userinformation is "harvested" on said network for financial gain, what exactly makes it a horrid invention? I don't think there's anything wrong with something being a social network, be it Myspace, Facebook, Twitter (though it's not really a social network I guess) or any other of those.

The most annoying thing of it all is that it's being included and almost seems like a "must participate" thing. I don't know if you can blame facebook for reaping the rewards as such, most companies would. If anything, I think the notion of money is a bigger problem then, lol.

The most annoying thing of it all is that it's being included and almost seems like a "must participate" thing.

Well, that, and how irritatingly intrusive it can get. I don't actually 'like' random people's social lives very much in general. I'm told that I talk to people when I want to talk to them, not generally. (I have a cheap mobile phone but deliberately leave it turned off all the time, if that helps.) :)

Well, that, and how irritatingly intrusive it can get. I don't actually 'like' random people's social lives very much in general. I'm told that I talk to people when I want to talk to them, not generally. (I have a cheap mobile phone but deliberately leave it turned off all the time, if that helps.) :)

I removed most peoples status updates from my newsfeed there. If you do that, Facebook is a really nice place, lol. I keep it around for updates of bands, gamedevelopers and stuff like that mostly. Facebook is more of an RSS feed for me in that respect I guess.

I'm not much different either when talking to people... but then again, I don't get on facebook if I don't care to be social, much like I don't log in to this forum if I don't have a lot of intentions to be somewhat social.

The phone thing... I've got a "expensive" phone and it's off for about 20 hours a day, lol. But I can totally relate to that.

I'm on FB if anyone wants to add me! :) Just tell me youre from here,and male or female. I'd prefer to only have female friends for now.

Family members posting every little fake detail about their life's when I know different.... ect. It's annoying. And the collecting of "friends" on there about drives me insane. It's like let's see who is the most popular by how many people they have as Facebook friends.

Maybe I'm just bitter.....

Family members posting every little fake detail about their life's when I know different.... ect. It's annoying. And the collecting of "friends" on there about drives me insane. It's like let's see who is the most popular by how many people they have as Facebook friends.

Maybe I'm just bitter.....

Perhaps you just hook up with the wrong kind of people ;)

Any people on there in it for a popularity contest are most likely to not even be my friends in the first place. And family; while I don't have many relatives, I'm most likely declining any friendship request of theirs. Maybe that's just me; but I prefer my facebook to be full of fun people to some extent, and I'll be the judge what fun actually is for me.

Though one can argue that the way I use facebook isn't like intended.

I must have de-activated by FB account about 5 times over the years but I always go back.

The only annoying thing on there is the constant game requests! FFS, I'm too busy to play Candy Crush! Leave me alone!

My Facebook

New Threads

Top Bottom