• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone interested in building model cars?

walkerbretm

Was wondering if anyone is interested in building model cars, ships, and planes. I loved this when I was a kid. Now that I am starting to understand my obsessions better I really want to do it again.

I liked building and painting planes, tanks and cars when I was a kid. Though I never was that good at it.. well, assembling went fine, painting was more of the issue.

Right now I'm more into tabletop wargaming (and have been for the past 8 years or so), where you still have to assemble and paint the tanks, planes and figures. So in a way that interest to assemble and paint things still stuck around. It's just that now I've combined that interest along with an interest in (non-digital/tradtional) games, an interest in the more non-realistic type of modelling kits (fantasy,sci-fi) and the fact that I really would need to have a goal in mind to what I want to collect, paint and assemble. Having a realistic tank assembled, sitting on my shelf never really did it for me. But that's personal preference I suppose.

Yes, I build models...but only 1/35 scale armored fighting vehicles and figures of a particular era:

StugIII_B_zps4ad1bc57.jpg

I used to build scale models of cars, mostly vintage sports cars, when I was about 7-8 years old.

Was wondering if anyone is interested in building model cars, ships, and planes. I loved this when I was a kid. Now that I am starting to understand my obsessions better I really want to do it again.
I use to build model airplanes and concentrate on the detailing. I also build several space models such as rockets and the space shuttle. I still have many of these models. My 2 big space shuttle models are still sitting on top of the chest of drawers. But the most popular is my Lunar Excursion Module. Because I am an artist and put those special details I'm willing to sell them all for the right price.

I started 3 years back with building a Shelby mustang, the building part itself isn't even finnished. I guess I never get to it because it's not that important or intresting to me anymore.

I did build a few mainly muscle cars but I did help build a spitfire with my dad sadly its a bit damaged. my dad is pretty good at it the annoying thing is that they are plastic so you have to paint them we mainly used enamel paint it stinks. I might get back into it when I finish high school when I have time to spare. its a great skill to have especially if you get a job in engineering.

New Threads

Top Bottom