• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone extremely moody?

I'm fairly level headed but I do have some moments when I get moody mostly when I am thinking too much about the one subject for too many weeks. I try to time my interests to a day per interest and pace myself.

I'm even tempered generally but I can get very moody at particular times, such as just before my period, when I am hungry, or when I am stressed and emotionally exhausted. I find that a nice cup of tea and a chocolate biscuit helps, as does thinking about my special interest, or simply stopping what I am doing and doing something completely different for a while. In the longer term, if the moodiness is due to stress, having a holiday or some other change of pace helps me a lot.

My first thought when I read the OP was "Hmm maybe your body has adjusted to your meds and it is time for a change." If you can't pinpoint a potential cause my advise would be to talk to your doctor.

I'm generally fairly easy going, placid and relaxed but I do fairly regularly (maybe once every six weeks or so) have "black" periods during which I become very withdrawn, moody and disconsolate, it usually last for around 3 or 4 days.

Generally I am rather laid-back and content. But once my menstrual cycle starts kicking into gear, I become very emotional, experiencing alternating states of very high highs and very low lows. When I'm being hormonal, it feels like I'm a different person, like Jekyll & Hyde.

Oddly enough, the worst of the emotional overload usually happens the week after my period, rather than the week before it. I've tried doing research on this online, but I couldn't find information from a reputable source like WebMD or Mayo Clinic.

New Threads

Top Bottom