• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone else very clingy?

Very much so.. I need to be reminded that someone is mine, and that I'm theirs. I love to cuddle, and do romantic things, and talk all mushy.

I am not clingy. My ex was and he would throw verbal tantrums whenever I didn't want to do what he wanted to do. It was like I was not allowed to be alone and I always had to be with him. Like if I wanted to go to bed and he didn't, I was "self centered" for wanting to go to bed than staying up with him. I can't do this to my partners. I will always think of her about how not to be.

I am a male and quite clingy, this usually scares girls off.
I rarely really like a girl, but when i do it totally kills my brain, and i come off like a 7 years old and that sucks so bad.
Have no idea how to train my maturity :D

I'm exactly the same. I've been very serious about my boyfriend since before we were even in a relationship, luckily he doesn't view it as "clingy" or over-attached, he appreciates my affections. I let him have his own space and don't get upset when he wants space apart but whenever he's around me I can't help but shower him with cuddles, kisses and compliments. I feel things very intensely so it's hard not to. I also find I'm very affectionate with friends and family. I would definitely say I'm a hopeless romantic :) There's a whole spectrum of Asperger's, and it seems only one part of it is used as a stereotype for the whole thing.
Same with my ladies...but I like aspies so it doesn't work out too well...:(
I guess it could be called clingy...I tend to focus on one thing too much...so when dating I have trouble thinking about other things.
Sigh!:(...not much multitasking in my zone of life!

I am a bit clingy too. I think a previous poster hit it on the head in that this comes from a fear of being alone or not being able to connect with someone else, so I'm always putting a lot of effort into the current relationship to make it work. That lead me down a 14yr relationship with a serial cheater, and my last relationship, where I got hurt badly by someone I probably shouldn't have been in a relationship with (I know now, hindsight being 20/20). I'm a pretty low-key guy as it is, so very reserved, but once I get to know someone, yes very romantic & passionate IMHO.

New Threads

Top Bottom