• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

anyone been attacked for being good at their special interests. (jealousy)

I've experienced this a few times unfortunately. I always did really well in school. And I remember a long time ago when I was in Middle School I received a bunch of awards for academic achievements. Several of my peers gave me a hard time. That really hurt at the time because I worked much harder than all of them. And half of them just screwed off all the time and some bullied me.
Fast forward some years and I got really good at running long distance. Some people have given me a hard time. Although most people are supportive I would say so that's good. That's because runners are just nicer people than the general populous :)

I've experienced this a few times unfortunately. I always did really well in school. And I remember a long time ago when I was in Middle School I received a bunch of awards for academic achievements. Several of my peers gave me a hard time. That really hurt at the time because I worked much harder than all of them. And half of them just screwed off all the time and some bullied me.
Fast forward some years and I got really good at running long distance. Some people have given me a hard time. Although most people are supportive I would say so that's good. That's because runners are just nicer people than the general populous :)

Same thing as mw2530 said! It's not a special interest, but being complimented by a teacher was always very painful.

But the runners being nice was not my experience. I was in cross country/track for a very short time. I just stopped going. But maybe they weren't really "runners," they were just high-school students who chose a running class.

Why do you call Deer 'pests'? From what I have read Deer were introduced to NZ on purpose specifically for hunting by persons like yourself.
oh we don't thats just their official government status we think of them as an amazing and challahging resource. Us hunters fight the hardest for their right to be here. weather its self serving some may say.

I remember when I was at school, there was a girl in my class of similar ability to me in foreign languages. The school sometimes gave out awards for high achievement, and although we were both top of the class, the wards always went to her. I really resented this, because as far as I was concerned, there was no difference between her and me other than that she was very popular and sociable. I worked just as hard as she did, if not harder, so why was I never credited for it? I didn't understand why it was happening and it seemed unfair. Not jealously, but resentment, and a dislike of unfairness.

In retrospect, I think that the school was awarding her because she wanted to apply for Cambridge or Oxford, and these awards would help her application. All schools try to get students into top universities to boost their reputation.

I am wondering I love to hunt in nz we a lot of public land and our game are introduced pests. Just to be clear. Its all for food.
I use a bow and someone who I thought was a friend has had a massive go at me. I have been getting quiet good at the compound bow and we went on a trip where he didn't even see a deer I got one quickly.
One week later get a scathing message which has caused me to end the friendship.
Bow hunting is an extremely difficult discipline just sneaking in on them is hard enough.
please don't pass judgment if you are anti hunting cause unless you are veg someone is just doing the job for you.:)

My husband and numerous friends are hunters, too, including one of my female childhood friends. Silence and stealth are critical. And being a good shot, too, of course. They hunt deer and occasionally wild turkey, dove and duck. To heck with what others think, hunting is a skill, and is a humane and healthy way to eat.

It's actually envy. People get jealousy and envy mixed up all the time. Yes, it's a horrid cruel thing, but it's not uncommon.
It hurts a lot, I know.
He wasn't a real friend, unfortunately. He can't handle how awesome you are.
The difference between jealousy and envy is that jealousy is when you have something or someone and you are worried that someone else will take it from you. Envy is when someone is unhappy because you have something that they want and think they will never have. One is possessive and the other wishes they could be.
Envy is one of the truly ugly, lower vibration emotions, it is a sad thing to indulge in or to be subject to. Jealousy is a very common, normal thing to feel if someone you value is at risk of being lost to you, because of another, but it's important to differentiate between the two, I think. Too many people get these terms confused.

It sucks that that happened to you.

My guy has done some hunting; pig hunting, they are feral here. I can't wait for him to take my son out and bring back some wild pig for me to cook. It's a humane, responsible and environmentally sound way to supplement your protein needs, IMO.

I'd love to have a chance to cook a feral pig. I'd cook it like they do in the Yucatan - in a fire pit dug in the ground, dress the pig with spices and herbs and cover it completely with banana leaves, then cover with green leaves and branches, then cover with dirt and leave it in there for as long as needed based on the size of the pig. Yum!

When I was a teen I'd go deer hunting with my dad and all the family and his buddies. It was for sport to see who could get the biggest buck but it always ended up as meat in the freezer for the winter. He would set me up near a trail. I listened to what he told me, where to aim, how to drop it with little tracking. It wasn't hard to do. Everybody would get mad at me because I'd just do the job. They were like "oh no, you're supposed to get buck fever and get all absent minded with the gun and all that good stuff". After I turned 18 I didn't go anymore. Not against it by any means, it just doesn't interest me enough to spend my time and money on it.

I’ve been verbally attacked at work for having knowledge others don’t and for being more efficient at my job. The coworkers in question felt threatened by this, as it touched on their insecurities. I worked in a highly competitive field (internal medicine) where everyone wants to be the smartest kid in class. I’m not really wired like that, I just like learning new things and devote a lot of time to doing so. The fact that I had rare knowledge and didn’t try to use it strategically was odd and alienating to my coworkers, as well as bruising their ego.

I'd love to have a chance to cook a feral pig. I'd cook it like they do in the Yucatan - in a fire pit dug in the ground, dress the pig with spices and herbs and cover it completely with banana leaves, then cover with green leaves and branches, then cover with dirt and leave it in there for as long as needed based on the size of the pig. Yum!
In nz we have a similar thing called a hangi a massive hole in ground all food is wrapped then stones are placed on top and dirt then fire. everything comes out steamed and smoked iits beautiful

New Threads

Top Bottom