• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

anyone been attacked for being good at their special interests. (jealousy)

Otis

I am wondering I love to hunt in nz we a lot of public land and our game are introduced pests. Just to be clear. Its all for food.
I use a bow and someone who I thought was a friend has had a massive go at me. I have been getting quiet good at the compound bow and we went on a trip where he didn't even see a deer I got one quickly.
One week later get a scathing message which has caused me to end the friendship.
Bow hunting is an extremely difficult discipline just sneaking in on them is hard enough.
please don't pass judgment if you are anti hunting cause unless you are veg someone is just doing the job for you.:)

It's actually envy. People get jealousy and envy mixed up all the time. Yes, it's a horrid cruel thing, but it's not uncommon.
It hurts a lot, I know.
He wasn't a real friend, unfortunately. He can't handle how awesome you are.
The difference between jealousy and envy is that jealousy is when you have something or someone and you are worried that someone else will take it from you. Envy is when someone is unhappy because you have something that they want and think they will never have. One is possessive and the other wishes they could be.
Envy is one of the truly ugly, lower vibration emotions, it is a sad thing to indulge in or to be subject to. Jealousy is a very common, normal thing to feel if someone you value is at risk of being lost to you, because of another, but it's important to differentiate between the two, I think. Too many people get these terms confused.

It sucks that that happened to you.

My guy has done some hunting; pig hunting, they are feral here. I can't wait for him to take my son out and bring back some wild pig for me to cook. It's a humane, responsible and environmentally sound way to supplement your protein needs, IMO.

Last edited:
I really can't imagine what it'd be like to be someone like that. My response would be to praise you and ask for tips. His response seems so mentally deficient. Isn't it a rule of any craft to find someone better than you and follow them around?

And are we allowed to pass judgement if we are veg? ;) I feel like that's sorta what you were saying. :eek:Not that I am necessarily veg or judging, but I did enjoy typing "veg" several times for the first times ever! :cool:

And I put "funny," not because the situation is all that funny, I just really liked the "doing the job for you :)"

Hunting for food is one thing. Hunting for pleasure and the thrill, is quite another thing. Although, rather go hungry than kill an animal.

I know a lady who does the type of cross stitching I do and would love to get together and share tips etc, but she is spiteful.

She picked up a picture I had done and was scrutinising it, then exclaimed in pleasure that she found an error and said: for a moment, I thought there were no errors. Now I feel better!

Can't deal with that attitude.

It's actually envy. People get jealousy and envy mixed up all the time. Yes, it's a horrid cruel thing, but it's not uncommon.
It's hurts a lot, I know.
He wasn't a real friend, unfortunately. He can't handle how awesome you are.
The difference between.jealousy and envy is that jealousy is when.you have something or someone and you are worried that someone else will take it from you. Envy is when someone is unhappy because you have something that they want and think they will never have. One is possessive and the other wishes they could be.
Envy is one of the truly ugly, lower vibration emotions, it is a sad thing to indulge in or to be subject to. Jealousy is a very common, normal thing to feel if someone you value is at risk of being.lost to you, because of another, but it's important to differentiate between the two, I think. Too many people get these terms confused.

It sucks that that happened to you.

My guy has done some hunting; pig hunting, they are feral here. I can't wait for him to take my son out and bring back some wild pig for me to cook. It's a humane, responsible and environmentally sound way to supplement your protein needs, IMO.
thanks for that I think is very true about the envy confusion.

Hunting for food is one thing. Hunting for pleasure and the thrill, is quite another thing. Although, rather go hungry than kill an animal.

I know a lady who does the type of cross stitching I do and would love to get together and share tips etc, but she is spiteful.

She picked up a picture I had done and was scrutinising it, then exclaimed in pleasure that she found an error and said: for a moment, I thought there were no errors. Now I feel better!

Can't deal with that attitude.
Okay thanks for that. By the way hunting is a very complex thing to explain it reaches deep into the mind and ancestory of a person. I respect you can't kill an animal but felt like that was a bit of judgment if you eat meat then you should visit a slaughter house and see what goes on. You can't make a judgement on someone taking responsibility for their own meat as well as enjoying being accomplished at it!

Okay thanks for that. By the way hunting is a very complex thing to explain it reaches deep into the mind and ancestory of a person. I respect you can't kill an animal but felt like that was a bit of judgment if you eat meat then you should visit a slaughter house and see what goes on. You can't make a judgement on someone taking responsibility for their own meat as well as enjoying being accomplished at it!

Sorry, not judging! As it happens, I don't eat meat anyway.

I think that if you post something related to a controversial issue such as hunting, where people have strong opinions, it is inevitable that you're going to get comments about it, judgemental or otherwise. Expect it.

Personally, I'm not against hunting where it is necessary for food, survival, or pest control, but I am against it purely for sport - I'm thinking about things like: trophy hunting, bull fighting and other blood sports, hunting for profit (elephants for ivory, for example) and some locals around here who shoot illegally and indescriminately just about anything that moves, not for food, but for the sake/pleasure of it - they kill more than they can consume. For me it's an either or situation - either ones hunts and lives off the land to survive, or one eats meat from the supermarket, but one shouldn't do both, that seems excessive and unnecessary - taking the life of an animal should never be taken lightly, the animals and their environment should always be respected and I am sure that any serious, responsible hunter will agree with me on this one.

As for hobby envy, I know many languages and learn new languages easily, but I haven't come across any jealously over this, or, at least, not that I have been aware of.

Last edited:
Yes, often lmao

If you're becoming highly successful at what you do and those around you feel that you don't deserve it their egos will lose control and do everything in their power to sabotage you. It's both hilarious and sad at the same time.

This could be anything from them spreading rumors about you or something extreme like them trying to kill you.

He wouldn’t have been envious if you excelled at knitting but it threatened his manhood to see you so good at a male sport. It is a skill that made human survival possible.
Good hunters got the girls.
Now you need to find a new hunting buddy, this one might shoot you.
My soon to be ex used to criticize everything i did because he needed to be the smartest and most wonderful person on the planet.

Yes, often, especially since my special interest is playing online shooters!

Often in voice or video chat, I hear: DUDE! STOP USING THAT OP GUN SETUP!
Or, SCREW (oftentimes replaced with the 'f' word) YOU!
Sometimes I get accused of hacking or exploiting glitches. One time, an entire enemy team was full of noobs that I was just absolutely destroying, and they ended up raging so much that I ended up getting vote-kicked from the match, and then one of the devs messaged me in the built-in chat in the main menu. I told him that I wasn't hacking, and they just couldn't handle my skill! Lol.
I usually don't take insults and hacking/exploiting accusations in games seriously, especially if the player(s) accusing me of hacking is a low-ranked newbie. Lol.
I do have a really high rank in one of the shooters I've been playing a ton, and somebody who I absolutely destroyed with one of the worst handguns in the game said that I have no life and I live in my mother's basement. I just replied with: "Actually, I do have a life, and I live in South Carolina, so my mom doesn't even have a basement."
Lol. Some of the people I see on game servers.

Why do you call Deer 'pests'? From what I have read Deer were introduced to NZ on purpose specifically for hunting by persons like yourself.

Yes. Obviously can’t relate to your special interest but I’ve had a few. One of the best examples of being judged for my interests was my dinosaur phase. From a small age to around twelve, I loved dinosaurs. Still do but that’s toned down considerably. I could name every single one, i had a lot of interest and love for it to the point that I wanted to become a paleontologist but was heavily bullied by my peers for it. Girls apparently weren’t supposed to love dinosaurs. That was a boy thing. As I reached young teens, I was heavily bullied to the point of physical attacks. I should have been into fashion or the latest pop idol but I was not.

Attacked? Hmm. Let's just say the two NTs I normally communicate with in real life have no appreciation of the discussion of finance and investments. To the point where they are simply considered "off limits" to discuss in whole or in part.

I've never thought them to be jealous, but rather simply at a disadvantage to discuss such a complex subject. But then there does seem at times to be a neurological pattern in their preference for only "light" discussions as opposed to deep and complex issues. Leaving many of us Aspies "holding the bag". :(

Last edited:

I would argue the opposite of the complexity and say it feeds a primal urge for violence and dominance, but I do agree with the slaughter-house part. The cruelty involved is far worse than the killing. :confused:

I like to imagine that someday that lady have a mental disorder named after her.

Sure, it happens a lot to me playing pool. I think that most people who are willing to say that they are interested in playing don't like to play me, whereas most people who are truly interested in getting good at the game do want to play me. The vast majority would like to be better but are not willing to put in the time and effort necessary to truly get good, they seem to resent those who have put that time and effort in unless they're just spectating.

I think this probably happens a lot with hobbies. It would likely happen more with any skill sets, except that there are undeniable benefits to learning from those who have taken the time to master something, and we simply can't afford to be incompetent at everything all the time. Where hobbies are concerned, people can afford to be incompetent if it's emotionally convenient for them to do so. If the environment is a somewhat competitive one without serious consequences this may happen a lot.

New Threads

Top Bottom