• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any trick when feeling down?

One thing that sometimes helps is engaging in hobbies. I built models, & sometimes my hobby requires a great deal of focus & concentration (when I get super focused I call it my zen-like state). This helps me take my mind off of things by giving me something I can focus on.

But I know what you are feeling. I've been dealing with the same feelings the last week or so as well.

Damon

I won't say too much that at the moment I feel very down, I dont realy know why, but to put things in context i'm in the "no hope for anything and nothing feels good" state.
C

What do you do to feel better? I dont have any good video games idea atm and I dont want to sneaky eat one bag of candy...
I won't say too much that at the moment I feel very down, I dont realy know why, but to put things in context i'm in the "no hope for anything and nothing feels good" state.

What do you do to feel better? I dont have any good video games idea atm and I dont want to sneaky eat one bag of candy...
Change your bed then have a hot bath (don't be in there too long) dry yourself and get into fresh nightwear. Make sure you are hydrated and have eaten. Then close your bedroom curtains and door, lay in your bed, put on some headphones and listen to an hours guided meditation. This shuts out the world for a little while and gives you time to just exist with your feelings and allows you to recharge. Mindfulness keeps me sane. Best wishes x

I go for a walk, even if it's just around the block. I like to go by myself and try to look at all the scenery.

I combat feeling blue by forcing myself by doing one or two tasks that I just don’t feel like doing. The feeling of accomplishment seems to make the good stuff take over and I can claw out of the hole. I must admit, some days there is nothing I can do. I just wallow in feeling bad. I guess I could chat with Fridgemagnet and he could make me feel worse which would make me feel better in comparison to how I was feeling prior to chatting with Fridgemagnet. I often don’t feel comfortable talking about this because it feels so self-centered. Hang in there my friend.

I feel the same way as you, and I would love to offer some suggestions that might help you.

First and foremost, always take the time to break down and process your emotions little-by-little.

Music helps me to exactly this, I have at least one genre for a range of emotions that I might be feeling. For example, if I feel sad I'll listen to "Cantate "Cessate, omai cessate" RV 684 by Antonio Vivaldi", then, depending on my mood, It'll transition into more upbeat-sounding music such as "Jean-Philippe Rameau: Air pour les Sauvages". If I need an adrenaline boost, I switch to more harsher music from bands such as Eisbrecher (In Einem Boot and its lyrics are especially potent for me).

Creating or learning about something always helps boosts my morale. While I wouldn't say I'm happy (I almost never am), I get to a point where I am baseline and able to function. I love to code and cook because I can measure proficiency, and this always reminds me that through learning new skills, and experimenting with existing ones, I may not be able to control the storm, but I can make adjustments to help me get through it all.

I sincerely hope you feel better, and I'll be available if you need me.

When I'm "on one", I do my Blog (you'll see a link to that in my signature in a minute) and play loud rock songs on my Amazon Echo device, that and kick the crap out of virtual people on an Xbox fighting game.

This kind of mood is when I at first keep staring at the ceiling counting all the stains(87 plus 114 flower textures per wall) and then start doing something surprisingly creative. Poetry, prose, even game programming, planning one of the worlds I created in my head. These places are hellholes but there is miniscule possibility for something good although after a great way filled with pain for all those inside. Somehow it makes it easier. If they got or will get to a good place in the end, so can I. Because, let's be honest. We stay here due to two reasons: fear of death and hope for a happy ending, however silly it may seem.

Also, when I can't seem to fall asleep at nights due to low moods, I tend to grab a can of tuna and walk around the neighbourhood feeding stray cats. So if you see that weird lady near your house in the middle of the night/early morning feeding a stray, don't freak out, it's just me.
(Not exactly safe but, oh well.)

Last edited:
my hobby requires a great deal of focus & concentration (when I get super focused I call it my zen-like state).
Yes. I’m focusing on a detailed drawing project at the moment and what helps me to do it when I’m down is to draw in a cafe. It brings people over for conversation to help lift me out of my lower state. It’s a bit annoying that they want to talk for longer than expected because no work gets done, but I made a new acquaintance so that’s okay. I had to refocus when he left.

Music and netflix. It used to be sugary substances but I'm moving away from that! I wish I could say "exercise", I can't...

Music and netflix. It used to be sugary substances but I'm moving away from that! I wish I could say "exercise", I can't...

That's exactly what i am doing most of the time , I used to like video games and music, but I dont know why its less effective to lift my mood atm, maybe because I only play online atm and he frustratses me a lot and my headphone is a bit old so I feel the music has less quality.

So I eat a tons of junk food and candy like I can gain 4 pounds in 2 days kek.

I wanted to start an online course on how to draw but I went out this morning and the sun was so bright I feel realy tired.

What a great thread! I thought I was alone in this. It is weirdly comforting to know that I am not. Here are some of the things I tried, some successfully, others not so much, when I can't get out of my head and the mood deteriorates rather rapidly:
- Listen to comforting music (comforting for me)
- go on a walk when I can muster the energy to walk out the door (that in itself is sometimes a painful process of walking myself through it)
- Sleep. Sleep. Sleep. Tomorrow will be a better day.
- Watch endless episodes of Friends or Law and Order. There's a certain comfort in the numbness of watching something that is predictable. And there are no hidden surprises in my emotional reactions to the dynamics.
- Research some random topic that is of interest to me
- Watch uplifting Ted Talks
- Watch great standup comedy
- Meditation
That's all I have.:)

Taking a walk in nature always helps me. Nature people make me smile. If I'm in a lot of pain I'll do some mindfulness exercises. If I've been in pain for a long time then for some reason it just feels good looking out the corner of my eyes. For some reason it makes me feel very numb after a few minutes.

New Threads

Top Bottom