• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

any other swedes?

apolloidolsice

as it says. Any other swedish people? if so, så skulle det va kul att prata

1684704850386.png

:)

I'm American with some Swedish heritage but I certainly can't speak the language. There are a couple of Norwegians here. I hope to travel to the Scandinavian countries someday. The Covid pandemic messed up our travel plans in 2020 but I'm once again looking at travel options.

Tjenare apolloidolsice, I have seen a Swede or two around here, maybe they will come back later.

Last edited:
I was actively learning Swedish, but forgot a lot of it, as there was really no one to practice it with, and a whole lot of life happened in a couple short years.

Spanish is an easier one to learn and practice, as a large percentage of the population of the US west coast are of Mexican and Central American heritage. So, in many places, one can hear the language spoken, daily, by people all around them, and practice it with a friend or two, or while shopping, or reading.

Maybe someday the Swedish language will come back as a special interest. It was a fun language. Very similar in structure, to English. I liked Norwegian too. That seemed even closer to the English Language.

I could sort of read what you wrote which surprises me I have noticed I can with a bit of difficulty read many foreign languages. must be because I'm a real avid reader.

My grandson is Swedish. I learned some basic travel Swedish to get by when traveling to Sweden. I’d like to get back to it someday.

New Threads

Top Bottom