• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any other Aspie musicians?

I need to step my game up on the music Big Time....it may save me in the end....the NT job world is just brutal.:(

I have a weakness for Symphonic rock....but am not sure how my own music will sort? I like Harmony and melody as much as rhythm.
Basically I tend to want too much...I always reach too high...always one more thing to study to be perfect...there is something to just getting out there and doing it.
The bands that win are ones who keep getting in the bus...and writing new songs

Last edited:
Mozart was allegedly an Aspie, but I don't think he was ever formally diagnosed, and I think Beethoven might've been, you can't get much more famous than either of those 2.

Also that bloke out of the Tubeway Army, did songs such as "Are Friends Electric?" in the early 80s had Aspergers apparently.

I would like to find out the same, since Mozart is a BIG inspiration of mine as a musician!! I would have liked to pick his head how he could have all that music already finished in his head!!

Mozart was allegedly an Aspie, but I don't think he was ever formally diagnosed, and I think Beethoven might've been, you can't get much more famous than either of those 2.
No-one was formally diagnosed back in the 18th century, for the simple reason that Asperger syndrome had not been officially recognised. There are those who say that Mozart's character traits are more typical of Tourette than Asperger (Link), but the syndromes are related, aren't they?

Erik Satie is speculated to have been an Aspie: Link

As is Béla Bartók: Link

No-one's slapped that label on Johann Sebastian Bach yet, as far as I'm aware.

This Is What The Big People Do

This song was inspired from a dream I had. Amiléa at the park with her camera and she’s staring at me and all I’m doing is crying.

I've recently been told of Jamulus, which is a software platform that allows you to link up with others to play or sing together in small groups - apparently. How this works with latency I have no idea. Has anyone here used it?

I've recently been told of Jamulus, which is a software platform that allows you to link up with others to play or sing together in small groups - apparently. How this works with latency I have no idea. Has anyone here used it?
Then there's Soundjack - has anyone here used that?

I'm a composer, and also I've played the pipe organ, harpsichord, and piano. I'm an amateur--far from professional---but I do hope to earn my living one day through my craft.

New Threads

Top Bottom