• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any other Aspie musicians?

I think we had a few threads like that... I guess all the musicians are gone :D I think I'm on the reverbnation too. I haven't been there in a while. I'm there under 'NIKOXXII'. I'll check your songs out when I'm on the computer. Have you ever responded to any of their 'opportunities'?

Yep, I'm a musician. I play guitar mostly, but have also dabbled in keyboards, percussion, and production. I also used to play sax and have an EWI.

After a long depression I have just gotten back into recording. I didn't realize how rusty I had become. I almost feel like I'm starting from scratch with my production skills. It doesn't help that I'm using a different DAW and all of my software licenses are on a dead computer.

I think we had a few threads like that... I guess all the musicians are gone :D I think I'm on the reverbnation too. I haven't been there in a while. I'm there under 'NIKOXXII'. I'll check your songs out when I'm on the computer. Have you ever responded to any of their 'opportunities'?

I imagined there would be a few, but couldn't track any down.
I was wondering why this thread had been so quiet haha.
I have tried a few of their "Opportunities", and each one lead to the same page begging me to pay them, so I had to abandon ship.

Can't wait to check you out on Reverbnation!

Yep, I'm a musician. I play guitar mostly, but have also dabbled in keyboards, percussion, and production. I also used to play sax and have an EWI.

After a long depression I have just gotten back into recording. I didn't realize how rusty I had become. I almost feel like I'm starting from scratch with my production skills. It doesn't help that I'm using a different DAW and all of my software licenses are on a dead computer.

Oh, I know exactly what you mean.
After two years of trying to get my life back on track, I decided to get the old band back together, and I couldn't believe how out of practice I was.
It felt like picking up a new instrument for the first time.

Luckily, I'm a quick learner, so have managed to get back into the habit.

Oh, that's a foreign language to me.
Playing music - I understand.
But if you were to talk to me about recording software and the like, I'd be so lost haha.

I'm a crazy band geek who is so obsessed with music right now.

I play mallet percussion (such as marimba, vibraphone, etc), snare drum, drum set, flute, piano, clarinet, and trumpet! I also compose my own band songs and arrange popular songs for marching bands!!

I got an electric guitar a few years ago but haven't learnt how to play it. I have a couple of DVDs that came with the set and some books to teach you but it all seems too confusing to me. I might look into a tutor or put in a more serious effort to learn at some point.

I do have some interest in creating music but not so much singing, something like Adam Young's (a fellow aspie known as Owl City) work under the name Port Blue, I also like Ratatat, but I don't have the tools to do something like that. I did used to create tracks in the old Dance eJay and Hip Hop eJay but I don't even know if they still make those games.

For what it's worth, I CalDomine I think your music is pretty good and reminds me of bands like Radiohead and The Mountain Goats. If the music were a little more layered I could happily spend hours listening to albums of your work.

Last edited:
I got an electric guitar a few years ago but haven't learnt how to play it. I have a couple of DVDs that came with the set and some books to teach you but it all seems too confusing to me. I might look into a tutor or put in a more serious effort to learn at some point.

I do have some interest in creating music but not so much singing, something like Adam Young's (a fellow aspie known as Owl City) work under the name Port Blue, I also like Ratatat, but I don't have the tools to do something like that. I did used to create tracks in the old Dance eJay and Hip Hop eJay but I don't even know if they still make those games.

For what it's worth, I CalDomine I think your music is pretty good and reminds me of bands like Radiohead and The Mountain Goats. If the music were a little more layered I could happily spend hours listening to albums of your work.

If you have the music in your head, then it's definitely worth going for it.
It's incredibly satisfying when it all comes out right.

Thank you so much for that.
Yeah, that's one from my solo project, but it's being transferred to my band, which will layer it nicely I think.
If you choose to follow the guitar, I'd love it if you'd post it up so I can hear it.

I wish you the best of luck in this endeavour

Am trying to learn how to write songs for my blues guitar in Tab: maybe some keyboard in tab: too to back it up and maybe some castanets? for rhythm in the background as well. And I need to practice my high singing range as well to learn to relax my throat and use the diaphram etcetera etcetrea.. Sigh! too much to do too little time.

Last edited:
I'm not "in the music industry" but I'm a keen amateur recorder player looking for fellow musicians to play with. Does that count?

What about famous musicians of older generations now suspected to have the syndrome? Examples are Frank Zappa and Bob Dylan.

Has anyone here studied at a conservatoire? Is the proportion of Aspie students there any different to the world at large?

What about famous musicians of older generations now suspected to have the syndrome? Examples are Frank Zappa and Bob Dylan.

Mozart was allegedly an Aspie, but I don't think he was ever formally diagnosed, and I think Beethoven might've been, you can't get much more famous than either of those 2.

Also that bloke out of the Tubeway Army, did songs such as "Are Friends Electric?" in the early 80s had Aspergers apparently.

Mozart was allegedly an Aspie, but I don't think he was ever formally diagnosed, and I think Beethoven might've been, you can't get much more famous than either of those 2.

Also that bloke out of the Tubeway Army, did songs such as "Are Friends Electric?" in the early 80s had Aspergers apparently.
Here's a quick read so you can understand the timeline involved ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Asperger

I'm a working musician, I don't make much money from it at the moment so also struggle to find/keep part time jobs to get a bit of extra financial support etc.

Primarily I play guitar, but I'm also a vocalist, I play a bit of bass, mandolin, banjo, keyboards, recorder, drums and started learning to play the saxophone this week too. Playing a musical instrument gives me a certain feeling of joy that nothing else does. I don't think I could live without it.

New Threads

Top Bottom