• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any churches/Christian orgs specifically for Autism/Special Needs?

VernalSole1355

I was wondering if anyone knew of any churches and/or Christian organizations specifically for people with Autism and/or other special needs? This can be a physical or virtual thing. I'm just curious to see what is out there.

You may want to contact a disability organization in your area to see if there is anything local. Mine has mentioned one in my area but I don't believe they have anything online unfortunately.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any churches and/or Christian organizations specifically for people with Autism and/or other special needs? This can be a physical or virtual thing. I'm just curious to see what is out there.

I used to enjoy going to Quaker meetings but I couldn't cope with the hour silence. They wouldn't change things for me.

Assemblies of God are very open but what is required can be very stressful it's not about just going to sit in the pew on Sunday they have the idea of bringing in 12 ,like 12 disciples!, I couldn't cope with doing that.

What sort of church would that be?

For me it would be a church where there's no overly loud sounds (loud music, etc), no fragrances allowed (perfume/cologne, dryer sheets or scented detergents) and no handshaking, touching expectations.

I'm not aware of any such church in my area that would be like that.

The old Tridentine masses are pretty great as far as sensory stuff, specifically the "Low Mass."

I am hoping to set something up if people are interested but it is not Christianity and it is not Judaism it is simply the bible both old and new testament. If your interested let me know so I can set something up on zoom.

I am hoping to set something up if people are interested but it is not Christianity and it is not Judaism it is simply the bible both old and new testament. If your interested let me know so I can set something up on zoom.

It's an interesting idea. Studying the bible from a secular perspective. I've often said it's a shame that the bible isn't studied from a secular perspective far and wide. Why? It's a very important historical record of human behavior.

Reading about how humans thousands of years ago were driven by the same exact desires and ruined by the same exact weaknesses and follies that we are today would serve contemporary humanity well. It's a valuable lesson that we ignore.

It's an interesting idea. Studying the bible from a secular perspective. I've often said it's a shame that the bible isn't studied from a secular perspective far and wide. Why? It's a very important historical record of human behavior.
That is more like trying to read a textbook without having a teacher.
See John 14:15-17, 26

Reading about how humans thousands of years ago were driven by the same exact desires and ruined by the same exact weaknesses and follies that we are today would serve contemporary humanity well. It's a valuable lesson that we ignore.

Yes we are told to come out of all the man made Babylon and study the bible without the indoctrination thoughts.

Oh and I am not studying from a secular perspective but more a Hebrew/Israel perspective.

I find it hard enough conversing in trade English(English after the mid 1750s),trying to study the old and new covenant as an atheist oy vey!

Old and new covenant is the same only thing that changed is one was in the temple building and the other is written on the temple heart. Yah says I do not change.

New Threads

Top Bottom