1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any autism tendencies Temple Grandin doesn't have?

Discussion in 'General Autism Discussion' started by Myrtonos, Feb 8, 2020.

1. NeilM

NeilM Active Member

I would say her ability to speak before crowds numbering in the hundreds if not thousands. I dare say it is much more common for us on the spectrum in such situations to either freeze up or go into panic attack/shutdown mode. I know there is no way I could give such a presentation.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Myrtonos

Myrtonos Well-Known Member

As for her ability to speak in front of complete strangers, this is something the individuals of species other than homo sapiens would never do. Cattle would never go to a distant herd and lecture about grass, for example.

3. Myrtonos

How about people obsessions, I believe Temple Grandin does not and has never had those.

4. tree

tree Blue/Green Staff Member V.I.P Member

Supposing she doesn't?
    What insight would that provide?

It is not necessary that any one individual personality encompass
    each and every possible aspect on the continuum.

5. Myrtonos

Because Temple is known for hating the way normal people think, claiming that autistic people are clearer thinkers than neurotypicals, how well does that go with being obsessive being a common sign of autism?

6. tree

tree Blue/Green Staff Member V.I.P Member

What is it that you are trying to work out in your mind?

7. Myrtonos

Okay, according to Temple and some others on the same spectrum, autistic people are clearer thinkers than neurotypicals, and one common sign of autism is being obsessive. Does that mean there is something logical about being obsessive, or does Temple not have them?