• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any anime fans?!

I watch anime, though I always seem to find myself watching ultra gory ones by accident. My favourite is (though I know it's bad) katanagatari, I just like the art.

My favorite anime's right now (as in, I own on DVD) are Rurouni Kenshin, Samurai X, Blade of the Immortal, Tsukikage Ran, Cowboy Bebop, and Street Fighter 2V. My brother has Trigun, which I like, and I'm looking at picking up Samurai Champloo soon. Also need to pick up a copy of Totoro. I saw a couple of new anime's at Walmart that looked pretty interesting, so I'll be picking those up as soon as I have income again. I've seen a lot of Naruto and love it, but haven't seen all of it yet. I just play the online RPG :D

Anime is an amazingly wonderful literary medium, and I'm just now starting out in it. Looking forward to expanding my collection and education in this field soon!

yes, I like anime. but I am very picky, so I go for the more obscure shows, rather than the conventional stuff everyone else likes (even though some popular anime is good). having said that, here's what I've seen and some of my favourites-in no particular order:
Erased, watamote, hetalia, inuyasha, death parade, another, red data girl, mirai nikki, corpse party,
the pet girl of sakurasou, death note, servamps, madoka magica, school days, toradora, mrs kyobyashi's dragon maid, and little witch academia.

I love watching anime just because the storylines aren't all the same as most TV shows. I grew up on Rainbow Bright and Speed Racer series but I loved watching CardCaptor Sakura, Ruroni Kenshin, Fushigi Yuugi and Sailor Moon.

I liked Elfin Lied, Chobits and Lain, they were different from what I mostly watched. I liked the anime versions of X-Men and Blade that came on G4 before it was cancelled too.

I've seen some Anime movies, Akira was a classic, I have that one on Blu Ray, and also the Anime Street Fighter 2 movie, the one with the Chun Li in the Shower scene!

I am. My first anime was Lensman when I was about 8 years old and I've just kinda carried on watching stuff from there. It was fascinating watching anime and manga appear more and more in UK shops as the years went by. Kids don't know how blessed they are having internet streaming services today!

They are all too dark and gruesome for me. If anyone knows any simple childlike ones I’d maybe give it a go. But not too overly childish because they can be stupid

I've seen Akira recently (English Subbed) - I thought that was really good.

Two I've started watching recently, one out of curiosity and the other I came across by accident, are Esper Mami and Kokoro Connect.

Esper Mami
(English Sub) is a 1987 anime series consisting of over 100 episodes and a movie about a girl called Mami Sakura who discovers she's an ESPer (ESP standing for "Extra Sensory Perception"), with her slowly learning various psychic powers (including teleportation, telepathy, telekinesis and levitation) with her friend Kazuo Takahata.
This one I started watching as I've got a particular interest in spiritual and paranormal stuff.

Kokoro Connect (English Dub) is a 13 episode anime from 2012 about a group of friends at a school club beginning to undergo a randomized phenomena where they temporarily and uncontrollably switch bodies with each other. It turns out this phenomena and later others are the result of a mysterious being known as 'Heartseed', with their friendships been put to the test as they learn more about each other and deal with the challenges caused.
This one I came across unintentionally; I'd been listening to some Nightcore songs on YouTube - which often have anime pictures on the videos. I decided to look for some as a background and came across one of a group of people flying together. After seeing a clip from the show it was from, I investigated further and found Kokoro Connect.

Liking both of them so far. :)

I was a fan of Kimba the White Lion, Astro Boy, Gigantor and Speed Racer back in the day. My kids have shared a few newer things with me. I thought them different/good. I think if I was young now I might have become interested. As it is I am locked on my own special interests, history foremost.

New Threads

Top Bottom