• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

ANXIETY- advice needed :)

Just finished reading an e-mail from a young man I know in Canada who was talking about the same thing as @Chance ,
How it begins with a thought.
The letter was about emotions, anxiety and negative thoughts.
Look for the negative thought behind the emotion.
There will always be one. Let it go or change it to an affirmation. I like that Stop the Car. I'm Driving.
I use one similar, Stop, Stop, Stop, it is just a thought.
Then divert my attention onto something around me.

Letting go of the fear thoughts can be fearful in itself and
it may not feel natural. Because those chemicals that our brains are used to in certain situations or thought storms are truly expected and without them, it feels odd.
But, the body must be retrained.
In the letter he said he looks at it like levels.
The body physical, the soul, the emotions, the mental,
the spiritual. One filters down into the next until it reaches the body physical. If you are blocked say at the emotional level, then the mental level can't get by in a positive to the body where the chemical reactions take place. That is where you need to find the negative mental thought that creates in the emotional, creating havoc. Replace it, release it and allow a positive into the emotional. He was deep thinking also.
But, I understand it. It can work. It isn't easy.

It is interesting @Streetwise that a panic attack, for as bad as they feel, can be cathartic. I know, I've felt the same.
Like crying. It is good not to feel so overwhelmed as to need it, but, as humans sometimes a release is needed.

Twenty-one days, eh?
I never knew that, but, it gives me a goal.
I'll be thinking of that.

I saw a video clip once, where there was an autistic kid who usually didn’t go out of the house. The only way to make him go out, was playing Pokemon Go in his Ipad, because that way he could look at the world through the screen, and not directly, which was less overwhelming.

quietest time of the weekday is about 10.45 -11am in the burbs ,weekend 8am .
the psychologist recommended way is a few minutes at a time,
all at once is called flooding if you're phobic ,i go on a sunny day but im physically disabled.
i go to the edge of the open land behind my house -stopping and starting -(thinking about seeing bees butterflies flowers )remembering im sick !!!!!!of being stuck!!!!! in the house!!!!
i suffer from panic disorder that means my brain wants to walk!!!!!!!!!
Do ever feel more anxious going out on hazy, yellow days than clear, blue ones streetwise. I do!

Do ever feel more anxious going out on hazy, yellow days than clear, blue ones streetwise. I do!
it's because it's warm as well it's more the temperature and if it's quiet I think you are describing depression ,I'm describing panic !

So I suffer from pretty bad separation anxiety and social anxiety. I can be alone, I sometimes enjoy it BUT I can't leave the house alone or be independent.
It's been like this for years and I'm just stuck in my room trying to relax and distract myself. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could go for little walks on my own?? Xx
that sucks. =o( i'm close to there but can still make myself go out when i must. failing the musting then...not. maybe just concoct a reason? something nearby you could appreciate noticing changes in each walk? doesn't have to be much, and you know the path back to safety is right there behind you so the risk is less than perceived. so baby steps maybe? like the drunks do? works for some, worth a try.

i'm with chance, fridge and others on brain chemistry. bad experiences seem to leave a specific imprint that returns in moments of stress. i still sometimes exclaim "i'm gonna quit my job!" out loud when alone, and i haven't even HAD a job for almost three years (or one i wanted to quit for at least fifteen). it happens when i think about any past failure, even one that has nothing to do with prior employment.

So I suffer from pretty bad separation anxiety and social anxiety. I can be alone, I sometimes enjoy it BUT I can't leave the house alone or be independent.
It's been like this for years and I'm just stuck in my room trying to relax and distract myself. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could go for little walks on my own?? Xx

My suggestion to you is to make realistic plans that you can follow through. For example, you could plan to walk half a block from your house, and if's that's too much make it as short as you can tolerate. It sounds like you have a severe case of Agoraphobia and if that is the case, you would benefit from a consultation with a psychiatrist. In my case, it made a world of difference. I had difficulty walking around the block but now I go on motorcycle rides that take me hours away from home!

New Threads

Top Bottom