• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Antiques vs antique people

I've felt that way. Where else could one see James McNeil Whistler's Peacock Room; Harmony in Blue and Gold. He created it for an English Lord who hated it, so the Smithsonian acquired this masterpiece of interior decoration.

I would love to go to the Smithsonian. You would probably never get me out except to carry me.

I grew up in Northern Virginia. Some of my fondest childhood memories involved my parents indulging me in extended trips to the Smithsonian. Particularly the Air & Space Museum and Natural History Museum. :cool:

And then opposites can attract as well. I am strong where my wife is weak. She is strong where I am weak. She is conservative, I am the risk-taker. We moderate each other and it works out. The trick is to realize that differences can reinforce if you let them. Too many only see differences as reasons to divide.

Yup, and if we are too alike, it seems that it can cause issues as well, as far as being compatible for marriage, friends seem to do well being a lot alike I think. Not positive, I'm no expert, that's for sure. But I have grown because of your post about talking being all about bonding. Makes so much sense. I think that is one of the things that people know instinctively that I never picked up on before. My social interactions have improved since you helped me figure this out. Thanks a million!!!

Yup, and if we are too alike, it seems that it can cause issues as well, as far as being compatible for marriage, friends seem to do well being a lot alike I think. Not positive, I'm no expert, that's for sure. But I have grown because of your post about talking being all about bonding. Makes so much sense. I think that is one of the things that people know instinctively that I never picked up on before. My social interactions have improved since you helped me figure this out. Thanks a million!!!
So right on! My spouse and I were friends, then lovers, then mates, and it all started with our shared interest in nature and outdoor activities. (And, 42 years later she manages to out kayak me on some sections of the river we paddled on today. What a woman!!!)

Wow, sounds like ya'll have a lot of fun together. I have never even had a relationship last more than 6 mo. And that one far out shot the others by 6 months. lol All the others were weeks.

I used to have friends but they were not friends at all, they made fun of me, poked at me and all that, but they were the ones who did it the least. I got tired of that, and haven't had a friend in about 20 years now, at all. I have aquaintence friends, but no real buddies since I was a kid : ( I have a lot to learn. At least I am on the right track now though. And I do like myself, which is a huge plus!

New Threads

Top Bottom