• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anomaly in the Matrix

Hedgehog Instigator

Chomp chomp chomp!
I noticed this, for like the hundredth time, today: I was watching a documentary and my brain meats chortled because the guy currently being interviewed was quite attractive. After I identified that emotion the interviewee was identified as an Aspie. Time and time again I find myself attracted to ASD individuals. Do all Aspies gravitate to their kind? I often find myself attracted to quiet, typically nerdy individuals, is it perhaps that Aspies just fit that category a lot?

I can't say that I've had a broad study on this as I've only had a handful of relationships and attractions. I have noticed that I gravitate towards the general appearance of ASD people. Basically the more "aspie" they are, the better I like them. I've dated the typical cheerleader types and I just don't get the appeal personally.

I've done relationship studies on what attracts who and I can tell that being attracted to a type even before you are aware of it does speak to what you long for deep down. If you naturally gravitate towards people who inherently have a better chance of understanding you on a deep level it's because you probably want that meaning.

I don't think it's as simple as aspies gravitating towards their kind although I have seen that happen. I know of some older aspies who simply gravitate towards others on their level of crazy cooky. Their partners aren't on the spectrum but are still abnormal in their own way that will typically accent and accept the aspie.

I think it's finding people with that special brand of crazy. When you can sit and laugh with each other for hours over something that any other person wouldn't think twice about, the diagnoses doesn't really matter. But I do gravitate towards aspies myself. I only recently realized.

I generally like people that have a lot to say, I know people who can't carry on a conversation about anything. They do nothing, like nothing and are dull as dirt.
Some people with AS can be interesting, some not, I don't use it as a gauge. To me people with AS look a bit off... to me, I donno, I don't think I do, mostly due to my lack of fake smiling in photos. Not alluring to me, but I'm an odd sort.
Just my observation.

New Threads

Top Bottom