• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

An Aspie Christmas Party- Ho Ho Ho

What do you do next....

• Oh err I cc ccccan't, I'm um busy all year hehe (gasp), sorry.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Eeek (run to your bed, hide under duvet and hope it's all just a bad dream)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Um, ssss ss sure (providing I can have a few vodka shots prior for dutch courage)

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Hmmmph!! I'll come but I'm not talking or making eye contact with anyone

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Wow, yer I'd love to, sign me up and let's go go go!!

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • No!! I'm leaving aspie central then. Goodbye

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sure (somewhat nervous) lets see what happens I guess.

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters

Hopeless_Aspie_Guy

FICTIONAL: Ok so the vote's in and the secret NT owners of this here forum (their little experiment with the aspies they never understood) have decided to arrange an aspie central christmas party for us all to attend (not mandatory, but it's suggested we all turn up). There's one near everyone- What do you do next....

Last edited:
Ok so the vote's in and the annonymouse NT owners of this here forum (their little experiment with the aspies they never understood) have decided to arrange an aspie central christmas party for us all to attend (not mandatory, but it's suggested we all turn up). There's one near everyone- What do you do next....

If it is run by NTs NO WAY. If it's run by other Auties? SURE! THen there would be no perfume, no loud music, all nice people, and no two way mirrors watching us. Sure count me in but keep NTs way out unless we are experimenting on them. Sweeeeeet revenge........................

Yes, I would need some Dutch courage. But I don't like vodka, it would most likely have to be whiskey or cider. You don't typically get whiskey at parties, it's more for old people sitting in large leather chairs next to a roaring fire, mumbling incoherently about that time in 18 hundred and fifty-fuorr. I'd quite like a party in that setting.

Yes, I would need some Dutch courage. But I don't like vodka, it would most likely have to be whiskey or cider. You don't typically get whiskey at parties, it's more for old people sitting in large leather chairs next to a roaring fire, mumbling incoherently about that time in 18 hundred and fifty-fuorr. I'd quite like a party in that setting.

I resemble that!

That's easy.

An AC party would involve people
logging in to AC. No need for anxiety
or drunkenness or whatever.

Unless that's your preferred state,
I guess.

That's easy.

logging in to AC. No need for anxiety
or drunkenness or whatever.

Unless that's your preferred state,
I guess.
like that episode of big bang theory where the two characters are on a date [one of them has social anxiety i think and goes mute in front of women unless drunk,i cant remember character names,the other is a shy female geek] and they both sit at a library table chatting to each other over text on their phones?
well it sounds like it to me anyway!

i think thatd be a cool party,id have to have a jamesons whiskey,jagerbomb,cider or glass of port with me to be fair.

If I won't go to a party my own sister is throwing, what do you suppose the chances are that I'll attend this hypothetical party? I'll just stay here in my PJs and read about it on the site.

Not sure it would work due to the range of sensory issues people may have. Obviously, no disco lights or loud music, and a range of food and drink, both alcoholic and soft, for people to choose from; but then, somebody's bound to turn up wearing perfume or other toiletries that somebody else can't cope with; how many rooms would be needed for people to chill out when things get too much? And what about the people with unusual interests that nobody else wants to talk about?

My wife and I will be having a Winter Solstice party on the 21st for people on the spectrum. None of you are invited. If you were invited, we have some stuff that some would find interesting -- the art, lots of interesting books, and the walls of the rec room are covered with rock concert posters plus a sheet of blotter acid autographed by Timothy Leary. For those of you interested, you can imagine what it would have been like without having to deal with the anxiety of going to a new place and meeting new people. For the rest of you, you can feel relieved that you didn't have to go and stand there feeling uncomfortable. So a good time could have been had by all.

If you could help me get a head count by letting me know if you won't be coming I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

My wife and I will be having a Winter Solstice party on the 21st for people on the spectrum. None of you are invited. If you were invited, we have some stuff that some would find interesting -- the art, lots of interesting books, and the walls of the rec room are covered with rock concert posters plus a sheet of blotter acid autographed by Timothy Leary. For those of you interested, you can imagine what it would have been like without having to deal with the anxiety of going to a new place and meeting new people. For the rest of you, you can feel relieved that you didn't have to go and stand there feeling uncomfortable. So a good time could have been had by all.

If you could help me get a head count by letting me know if you won't be coming I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

OK. I won't be there.

logging in to AC.
Um no this was a party (face to face) set up by the secret NT's who own this forum and observe and study our conversations.

one of them has social anxiety i think and goes mute in front of women unless drunk,i cant remember character names,the other is a shy female geek]
Rajesh Koothrappali

If I won't go to a party my own sister is throwing,
You family traitor :poutingcat:!!

Obviously, no disco lights or loud music, and a range of food and drink, both alcoholic and soft, for people to choose from; but then, somebody's bound to turn up wearing perfume or other toiletries that somebody else can't cope with; how many rooms would be needed for people to chill out when things get too much? And what about the people with unusual interests that nobody else wants to talk about?
God lol, what awkward requirements one would have to make to accomodate a large range of aspies :smirkcat:. Maybe you'd need a few signs up too (stareing is lethal and no physical contact etc lol).

My wife and I will be having a Winter Solstice party on the 21st for people on the spectrum. None of you are invited.
How very friendly of you to immediately declare we're not invited.:p

I think it would be cool if it was ALL aspie people. That way we would actually feel normal. No weird looks, no akwardness. Just people having fun without being judged. Even if you say something "dumb" an aspie would be able to relate and understand. We would all just laugh about it, instead of it being seen as the worst day of your life. Which is how most parties feel to me

I think it would be cool if it was ALL aspie people. That way we would actually feel normal. No weird looks, no akwardness. Just people having fun without being judged. Even if you say something "dumb" an aspie would be able to relate and understand. We would all just laugh about it, instead of it being seen as the worst day of your life. Which is how most parties feel to me
I was thinking you could imagine a great party that you would enjoy replaying in your mind, even though the real party you just got invited to is going to be an ordeal. By not inviting anyone it could only be the imaginary kind.

I was thinking you could imagine a great party that you would enjoy replaying in your mind, even though the real party you just got invited to is going to be an ordeal. By not inviting anyone it could only be the imaginary kind.
Yes, but if there was one. In a hypothetical situation. No need to imagine a "party" in my head lol. It would just be cool to see the turn out of such an experiment.

I went to a Christmas Party last night actually, played some Pool, had a couple of drinks, chatted with the guys from Taekwondo, yeah it was a good night.

New Threads

Top Bottom