• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

An aloha and questions from a between-diagnosis 34yr old guy

Mango

Hey all... Im 34 and am currently being tossed around psychologists and such after a rituals, manic depressive, adhd, ocd life crossed with an eating disorder/exercise addiction and landed me in discussions about high functioning autism...
That sounds crazy! and is; however I'm like a 90% happy guy... i actually enjoy my rituals a lot (though they do isolate me) and i had a few questions (or traits id love to hear if anyone else has):
1. When in my ore manic stages i come across extremely charismatic and personable (I'm a good actor) but enjoy the interaction bc it feels like a game.
2. When I'm not in my prime or my script fails, I'm a socially disconnected goof completely introverted/introspective
3. I have a lot of trouble with temperature (get cold and hot easily and it affects my cognition immensely. (actually have Reynolds syndrome)
4. I can't take working for others bc i can't balance/understand expectations and ALWAYS feel I'm letting others down
5. I gave up on girlfriends 5 years back bc i couldn't take the anxiety of emotional and/or physical intimacy (i modeled for years and raced professional triathlons... i say that to stress the weirdness of a constant feeling i disgust girls when in a deep relationship)
6. I actually love myself and my appearance/creativity/etc... i say that bc when i am in an independent work, social, etc situation i am very happy and confident (though a bit quirky)... Even my eating disorder was free of appearance issues (it is much more a sensory thing around feelings of starvation and satisfaction)

Thats a lot of me... sorry! chime in at will

welcome.png

New Threads

Top Bottom