• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Am I just crazy or am I into something?

I've always paid close attention to detail.
Noticing things others pay no attention to.
Always wanting to dig deeper and understand as much as possible.
The TED talk video is a good example of how I want to break things down to the deepest understanding.
Observing and learning are two of the most important things to me.

I enjoy philosophy. A sharing of ideas that make you think.
Religion is not spirituality.
There are many religions. Each has different sets of rules to follow. Created by man.
If I participate in a religion's group association, I can think of it as a tribute to the universe
and all that it consists of. Not a worship of a set of rules or a place or a book or THE entity.

And morals are generated by humans depending on what part of the planet you grew up on usually.
Some people can think for themselves and not stay with the teachings from childhood just because
they were told that's the way it is.

I am just now learning not to go off at a tangent.
As above post says I think I have undiagnosed ADHD and as it's not official it feels like I am making excuses for not reading posts properly, not listening to people properly, and not even paying attention to what I am doing.

I am making a real effort to stay on topic.

Thread derailment is not good for me, unless the "branch off" topic is relevant to the original post.

Please accept my apologies.

I have ADHD and i think what you describe is a combination of ADHD and ASD . It happens constantly with me.
Meditation helps the mind to stay more focused.

Is it just me or is the issue of central coherence more serious than we think?
Aspies ussually do need more details than others when learning things. A lot of people skip over the fundamentals and jump right into it. This is what happens when it come to "being a human". We skip over the fundsmentals of being a human. People then miss the something of the fundamentals of being a human. Can we just really skip the details and jumo right into it? In my opinion: no!
This has messed up the world!
What do you think?
It depends on the culture Hindus in India ,Amish people in the USA ,are examples who don't skip the fundamentals

New Threads

Top Bottom