• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Alone in the Dark

Lemon Zing

My alias thesaunderschild is to do with Grace Saunders in this horror game series. ;)

It was originally Infogrames who had the IP in the 90s, but it's now under THQ Nordic.

This upcoming game is a reboot...

Hmm.. if I were into modern 3D games I might actually play this one!

Being a fan of 1-4 (yes, I know, they're clunky, and really difficult to go back to!), I kind of find it hilarious that they keep releasing AITD with no subtitle. I think they're competing with Weezer to see who can confuse their fans more!

With that said, it doesn't look like it's going to flop like some of the other ones in the series, and that's a good sign!

You really need a walkthrough for these games. Sometimes you've got to do something very fast, but you have no indication beforehand this is where you need to run to, or whatever. The obscure camera perspective also makes this increasingly frustrating.

It just screws over gamers that would rather play a game, and be able to finish it without even dying once. With how they make you die first to eventually figure out the answer, it makes for somewhat annoying gameplay.

You really need a walkthrough for these games. Sometimes you've got to do something very fast, but you have no indication beforehand this is where you need to run to, or whatever. The obscure camera perspective also makes this increasingly frustrating.

It just screws over gamers that would rather play a game, and be able to finish it without even dying once. With how they make you die first to eventually figure out the answer, it makes for somewhat annoying gameplay.

That's actually very true; they're hardly intuitive at all. I remember finally watching a walkthrough for 2 (One Eyed Jack's Revenge) as an adult (since I had played it a bunch as a kid) and couldn't believe the maneuvers and order of events that the player took in order to beat it. Whenever I see what it takes to get through a game like that, I just live vicariously through their experience and say, "Guess I'm not doing that!".

It's actually so unintuitive that when I was like 6-7, I accidentally found the shortcut that lets you skip the maze (it's really silly, as it makes the player hover over a bush and basically skip the tedium of the first part of the game). When I found out I had accidentally been cheating for years and still never beating it, I just questioned their game design all around.

This brought me some good memories

I remember visiting a former friend and watching him playing it.

It was so amazing back then with the polygon graphics, I remember him liking it a lot.

Sadly I never had the opportunity to try it.

Also, that's some good news that they're remaking an old game instead of beating on a dead horse

*Cough* Resident evil series *cough*

It's kind of hilarious that RE kind of ripped off AITD from the very beginning, too. I mean, they did the PS1 version better and made the puzzles way more intuitive, no doubt, but AITD basically laid the groundwork for survival horror.

New Threads

Top Bottom