• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Almost stole milk today by accident

Ah, over here you have to put all the bagged, frozen or otherwise prepped and packaged goods on the big scale plate together. (or set the red light off :p )
We only use scales for things like loose apples or lettuce or loose peaches or something.The scales are to weigh something sold by the pound,not a package with a price tag.We don't have scales like you describe.Clothes items usually have a clip on them that will cause a alarm if taken out of the store.

RNKLwqs.png

LOL. Reminds me once when a kid used the expression "five-fingered discount" that I had never heard of before. Sounds cuter than "shoplifting" I suppose. o_O

My grandfather tells a funny story about when he was little and out with his mom. He wanted a pack of Black Jack licorice chewing gum, and his mom said no, so he stole it. They were in the city and a lot of men were wearing suits like police detectives on TV did. He got super paranoid any minute a couple of cops in suits were going to come over and arrest him for stealing. He never shoplifted again.

Last edited:
Shoplifting is usually dealt with on the cameras [i saw a dog caught on camera shoplifting dog chews and going home, eventually they found the owner and he paid], but in a store i worked in we were always so stressed about shoplifters so just looking carefully at everyone, despite having cameras.

I tend to think cameras were more so for us so we wouldn't be sitting down at the workplace, lol.

I think Walmart especially has a high amount of customers so ppl can't really watch them all. Here in what would be our Walmart we have someone checking to see if we get everything right. But even so she can't watch everyone and even when there are 2 staff ppl at the fast scan line, despite my city not being that populated.

If I were the store owners, I definitely wouldn't have bothered to track down the dog's owners. In fact I would have found it hilarious. Probably would have posted the video on social media like "look what this dog did LOL!" and not been concerned at all about the package of pilfered treats.

This does make me think of all the packages of brightly colored gum and candy up near the checkout registers at most stores - my mom told me, years ago, about how she had to watch closely that I wouldn't shoplift the candy as a small child. LOL Not that I meant to. Children's "sticky fingers" are pretty universal (both literally and figuratively!) and those brightly colored packages right at the perfect height for a child's reach could easily be thought of as a trap for unwitting parents who will be forced to buy whatever their child grabs and puts in their mouth.

New Threads

Top Bottom