• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Age 63, Aspie, self diag long ago and it doesn't change

icecreamcart

Male, 63, AQ 37
V.I.P Member
Very weary of suffering NT Syndrome responses, which idea I find both very amusing and completely describes my experiences of life. Especially this one:

(E) a tendency to read grievous personal slights into innocuous remarks or gestures; in the most catastrophic cases of neurotypicality, the most extreme offence is reserved for the truest of statements;

I'm tired of it.

Looking for like souls this far down the road or even further..

anton
new here, first post, also exploring wrongplanet, same username.

upload_2019-12-13_8-15-23.png

(E) a tendency to read grievous personal slights into innocuous remarks or gestures; in the most catastrophic cases of neurotypicality, the most extreme offence is reserved for the truest of statements....
Hi anton, and welcome.

Are you saying (E) is a tendency of neurotypicals?

Because I see that behavior in a lot of ASD folks ... maybe it's just a human tendency?

Hi and welcome. I hope you enjoy it here. I'm INTP and yes, neurotypical doesn't mean 'better', it just means being in the majority. However unfortunately that means the norms are set for them, and neurodiversity is often viewed as problematic. We are different, not lesser.

:bee::blossom::cat::sunflower::bee::blossom::cat::herb:

A lot of people I know have had trouble with Wrong Planet. It's been years since I've looked. The last time I was there, there was an MS-DOS environment-like user-UNfriendly chat associated with it.

If you choose to continue with them, I hope the environment has changed and that it's a good experience for you.
I think your experience here with AAC will be a good one.

thanks x 4 . Can't really comment on wrong planet as I have only been there a day. It's no longer dos based though.

the thing is can I/we be me/us as between each other, or do we just misunderstand each other just like the NTs do? GadAbout makes me wonder. Easy to do that of course.

antonio

New Threads

Top Bottom