• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

lainiwakura

hi! im trying to get into coding/software engineering and i really like it so far but I'm not sure what programs to use or what platforms to learn from. id like preferably free ones but give me your best suggestions! i really want to be a software engineer I just don't know where to get started

Well, here's a question:

What sorts of things are you wanting to make? Do you have a programming language in mind that you'd like to learn?

If you're not sure which one to go for, I'd like to suggest Python as a starting point. Though of course the question of "which one is best to start with" is very subjective.

As for where to get the learning done, well.... that's a tougher question. Usually lessons cost you, or things like books on programming also cost you. But you get what you pay for, and sometimes they arent as expensive as you might think. If you're looking to learn for free, Youtube is probably where you wanna go, but the problem with Youtube is it can be very erratic. Doesnt mean it cant work for you, but yes, it's erratic.

I personally right now am learning from a programming book I bought (for Python, as that's what I decided on as the best to start with after researching stuff), and I'm also learning GameMaker Studio 2 from Skillshare, and Unreal Engine 5 (blueprints, specifically) from Udemy. Skillshare aint too expensive but it is a monthy cost. Udemy is very expensive. The programming book, on the other hand, was just a one time buy, I think I paid like $30 for it. Be kinda silly if you had to pay monthly for a book, after all. Or throw $150 at it.

New Threads

Top Bottom