• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Advice from us old dudes (dudettes)

1017427_719373101428763_1423137060_n.jpg

Agreed.
The Age of the Body, the Mind and the Soul can all be very different from each other.
A man who is physically old may be young in spirit and retain the childish mind, while a child may be old in spirit and wise beyond their years.
I was an old in spirit and wise child. I want to be a child-like old man one day, seeing the wonders of earth with the innocence and keen observation of a kid. Right now, I'm floating somewhere in between, neither young nor old, wise or unwise. Like Gandalf said after falling in the pit in Moria, and returning, "I am different. I have forgotten things that I thought I knew, and remembered things from where I don't know." (Paraphrased, from memory of the book)

Credo to live by: " Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

My version of this is "Do unto others as they would have you do unto them" -- unless that's not possible because I can't figure out what they would want me to do unto them, then I go with the original version.

Keep yourself to yourself as most people don’t really care. Their words don’t line up with their actions and lie with mind games and be very selfish. They only meet up when they’re in the mood. Stay away from those narcissists. That’s what I’ll call them. By the way, I’m fine. Just saying.

New Threads

Top Bottom