• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Accepting Loneliness

The Penguin

Chilly Willy The Penguin
This is a thought came to my mind today. Though it is not fun, I learn I need to accept my loneliness for the time being. I remember someone I dated years ago recommended me to get a pet fish to help with the loneliness. As some of you know, I did this last year. I will admit, it does make a difference, but I still feel lonely. I keep thinking when things will get better?

Because, Penguin, animals etc, cannot take the place of a warm human being! Because you yearn to be in a relationship, nothing else will match up to that need.

It is fantastic that you continue to be optimistic, because one of these days, and hopefully that will be sooner rather than later, you will post a new thread to say you have found a woman who wants to share your life with you.

Keep those positive vibes chose to your chest, because that is called: faith and it will beat the loneliness. You know something? I hate getting older, but my faith in the future, keeps me from sinking lower and lower!

You are not the only one on aspiecentral, to be alone, so go and start getting busy in getting to know those aspies :D

Keep those positive vibes chose to your chest, because that is called: faith and it will beat the loneliness. You know something? I hate getting older, but my faith in the future, keeps me from sinking lower and lower!
I do try my best. Without me writing on here, I would be going insane right now.

I do try my best. Without me writing on here, I would be going insane right now.

I totally agree with you Mr P and I wish I had an answer for you, my friend; AC has, without doubt, saved my life and sanity also!
I'm too different, or too anxious, or both, probably.. I don't know.. to be able to maintain any friend or relationship for long, so I share Suzanne's Faith (I may think of it as Fate, Kharma.. different words for the same thing, imo) and take one day at a time, one interaction with another person at a time and aim for the positive in it.. it's the bad thoughts that drag you down! :)

I have been extremely lonely in the past too, especially after trying to interact with neurotypicals and failing tremendously. I have found 2 things that work for me so far: distracting myself when i feel lonely, usually using my special interests and talking to online friends. Since today i have posted on my status my fb and tumblr info, if you or other aspies want to be online friends feel free to add me.

animals etc, cannot take the place of a warm human being! Because you yearn to be in a relationship, nothing else will match up to that need.

I'm surrounded by human beings...people I love deeply (DH and kids)...and still feel lonely because I can't seem to "connect" on a level where I feel like it bridges the isolation gap. Not saying all this to argue or have a pity party...just that sometimes even having a "warm human being" doesn't make the loneliness go away. In fact, sometimes, with most people, I actually feel lonelier with them than when I'm alone.

Accepting the loneliness as a fact of life does help, though, Penguin. At least in my experience. :hugs: (virtual hugs only, though...since I'm not a hugger, lol)

I myself went through several years when I felt all alone. I wasn't having much luck in finding good friends.
Then I came across a teddy bear at a shop (the one I have as my avatar), and he helped me through those times.

Anyways, best of luck in finding some good people to be with. :D

I often wonder, too. I've considered getting a dog so at least I won't be completely alone for days or a couple weeks at a time outside of the occasional barista.

New Threads

Top Bottom